Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Incursion Enmity

So I've done a couple of runs in incursion and while I like the free for all, I'm kind of at a lost of enmity works here. The first run I went pld trying to super tank mobs and hold while dds killed. This proved to be a futile affair because every time I would try to collect the mobs only the mob that I had directly targeted with a flash or voke would stay on me while the other mobs would generally go straight for the mages. Another odd thing is that when I would try to pull the mobs off the mages or anyone else for that fact it usually took longer then normal, I would say maybe a flash and a voke before I could actually pull them even though the player that the mob was targeting didn't directly do anything to that particular mob to increase enmity. Has anyone else noticed the abnormal occurrences in Incursion in regards to pulling and super tanking?
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Super tanking won't work in Incursion. On aggro, mobs become aggressive to a random person in the zone. Near as I can tell, it's not just aggroed either, they have hate on the mob and any actions they take will further generate hate, hence why you had issues pulling mobs off of members. You'll need some form of AoE pull or everyone sticking together to pull the mobs in for a Sleepga/Lullaby to keep them together.

I kind of like the system (always thought the fact super tanking worked was beyond retarded) but it kind of kills your ability to go in with a larger group and split up to do more NMs. One stray trash mob gets missed and goes running off after a random ally member on the other side of the map, queue massive train. Though I haven't seen/checked if you need to be within exp range for coffers or KIs, so that may not even work anyways.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Super tanking won't work in Incursion. On aggro, mobs become aggressive to a random person in the zone. Near as I can tell, it's not just aggroed either, they have hate on the mob and any actions they take will further generate hate, hence why you had issues pulling mobs off of members. You'll need some form of AoE pull or everyone sticking together to pull the mobs in for a Sleepga/Lullaby to keep them together.
    I kind of like the system (always thought the fact super tanking worked was beyond retarded) but it kind of kills your ability to go in with a larger group and split up to do more NMs. One stray trash mob gets missed and goes running off after a random ally member on the other side of the map, queue massive train. Though I haven't seen/checked if you need to be within exp range for coffers or KIs, so that may not even work anyways.
    This is what my group ended up doing in subsequent runs and it works very well. I haven't tried /rdm for like AoE pulls with diaga so I can't say if that would work or not. Kill speed is pretty important so bringing a pld really isn't the best set up anyway.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    This is what my group ended up doing in subsequent runs and it works very well. I haven't tried /rdm for like AoE pulls with diaga so I can't say if that would work or not. Kill speed is pretty important so bringing a pld really isn't the best set up anyway.
    The only problem with that is if you diaga pull, then you will not be able to sleep them right away :S. If they randomly attack, it wouldn't really matter (probably) if the whm subbed sch and AoE-paralyze pulled. (or you could sub whm and banishga )
    (0)