Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

5/5 Abyssea Armor+2

Currently I have 3/5 on the set, and I noticed the set bonus is "Occasionally augments blue magic spells." Looking around I've seen conflicting statements as to what this actually does, from "Occasionally triples WSC" to "full set is 10% process of double damage."

This then leads me to wonder, if either of these statements are true, if using the full set is worth it for physical spells over gearing normally by equiping actual +stat modifiers such as str/dex/accuracy. I notice that the only piece that even adds str/dex is the legs with the rest sporting MAB/MAC/ACC and other situational stats.

I'm also looking to clarify just how the Feet and head respectively augment the damage under the effect of Chain affinity or Burst affinity since I've also seen conflicting statements on this. From "increases base damage by 10" to "increases potency by xx% which is equal to +100 stat bonus."

Does anyone have any hard proof behind how this all translates? I would like to better tailor my gear, but due to a very active LS I find myself with little time to perform the testing myself with the pieces I do have +2 already (which is only body, legs, and feet currently).
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I don't have the head due to it's fugly nature but i notice blus doing less damage than me by 100s of damage but their damage increases a tad bit (maybe multi hitss all connect?) when CA fires off. The possibility may be that they are 5/5 enchainment where as i am 3/5 and use 3/5 tp reverse as a tp bonus suppliment here and there...
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, I finally managed to get some time to do a little testing. I need more samples to have a strong conclusion, but the small amount of testing I've done so far has shown that a blu at least using Mavi Kavuk +2 and Mavi Tayt+2 during Chain Affinity will perform ~13% better than a blu using Aias Bonnet due to the Set bonus and the fact the enhances chain affinity effect adds base damage causing Lows and Highs to be higher than bonnet. Else wise the Bonnet has a better average if used without set bonus.

This leads me to believe that using the hands, feet, and body over anything other than their respective situational uses would be worse over using pieces that give +stats. I'm still continuing testing, but have projected it will take roughly 6~12 hours of constant sample gathering to have a good conclusive answer. Just thought I would share what I have found so far since I have 4/5 +2 currently (head, body, feet, legs). After I'm finished I'll post findings.
    (1)

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I have 5/5 +2 and i can tell you that the actual set bonus is something more like occasionally doubles spell dmg (might be triples)

after about 5 hrs of farming nin feet in vunkurl this is the conclusion i have come to after seeing several 650+ headbutt's (w/o any modification), a 4.3k gob rush (under CA) and a fair few impressive QC's like 5k+ (with CA/Efflux, i feel would of been more if the mob had more hp) and 3.7k(w/o any modification) and i would say the proc rate of the effect is somewhere around 5%

no screen shots as didnt know i would need them but next time i go farming on blu i will make sure i take them
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Yeah I'm 4/5 and don't plan on finishing hands to complete set. I agree with Ezekieal's post about the number's he's been getting, personally would of been nice if it also affected our enhancing spells, like a 15min or 4-5tick battery charge or an occasional 12-16 shadow Occultation, but it is what it is.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, I can say that I've never seen any augment or enhanced version of enhancing blu spells. The numbers I've seen occur with only 2 pieces, but it is far and in between. Only time I have 3 +2 on is in tp/haste set and even if I'm spamming headbutt for some reason i've never seen anything like the numbers described.

I've seen 5~7k Quad with only 1 +2 item on in abyssea (have a SS to prove it with here: http://img21.imageshack.us/i/7kquad.png/), 3~5k outside of abyssea, and I've also seen easy 3k~4k goblin rush at too high of a frequency to say it is a +2 kicking in. I'm still in the process of gathering data when I can to test +2, but so far I can't say I've ever seen Double damage, or triple damage out of it. Slightly higher damage yes, but that is about it.

I'm also thinking I may need to gather data on something other than mobs outside of starter cities to test a theory. I believe that the reason I'm not getting conclusive data outside of starter cities is that there may be a possibility the augment isn't doubling or tripling dmg, so much as it is adding an extra hit to the spell which would explain what I'm seeing so far. Hard part about that is possibility of having to large a lvl gap (obviously speaking of abyssea) and gathering data in other areas will require a little more work. For the time being this is just a theory. I don't want to say anything until I have at least 100 samples over 5 options (500 total) to look over.
    (0)