Thread: Classic Server

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Where have you (or anyone) given proof that this sever would be a success?
    You cannot say that another games success at a classic server means this game's would succeed.
    Also demanding proof of an opinion from someone is about as worthwhile as using a siv to gather water.
    but if you want to use other games as examples here are a few:
    Dark Age of Camelot - Classic server was running for about 1 year and then shut down due to low popularity.
    World of Warcraft - So concerned about their "classic" zones they tore them apart so that players could have access to flying mounts in them, and update the graphics used.

Now sense I said you can use other games to prove it would work by all rights it makes the examples I have above null as well.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't pursue the idea. But I am saying you are going to need more than a handful of people on a forum talking bout it.
    And with supporters calling other people rather inappropriate names in threads, it is not helping.
    Hence why I suggested a petition.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    Also, we have shown multiple instances of the possible success of a server like this.
    Also, I know for a fact you have no idea about WoW, because they have commented on it being something currently not being worked on, and could be a possibility in the future. Actually I know so for a fact since I was one of the most recent people to make a thread about it on the WoW forums.

You also imply your statements meaning everything anyone says is opinions, so everything is moot and why are we communicating in the first place? You also have 1 person calling someone else a rather inappropriate name in a thread, not everyone which your implication implies. Would you like me to show you people that call people who support this idea names (which still doesn't help the cause that this shouldn't happen)? Just arguing towards your irrelevant comments towards the subject now.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So basically you all want a lvl 75 capped, pre-Abyssea server to play on? All Right here's a couple of things you need to consider...

1. Leveling. a. population. You realize that if you weren't a PLD, WHM,or RDM and <insert DD or magic DD Here> you really had a hard time to get a party?

2. Dynamis Finding a competent WHM in Dynamis was like searching for the lost Ark of the Covenant. Dynamis was the lynchpin of the endgame @lvl 75, do you really think that you could find about even 20 players that could fit Dynamis into their schedules at the same time on a classic server? and even if you could find those 20, who could guarantee that you'd be able to find at least 1 or 2 competent healers, so the whole thing wouldn't be an even worse death fest than it was.

-Honestly, I miss old school partying in the game, could meet new people and go out and level, It was a great way to meet new people etc. but it's the only thing I miss.
    (0)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    So basically you all want a lvl 75 capped, pre-Abyssea server to play on? All Right here's a couple of things you need to consider...

1. Leveling. a. population. You realize that if you weren't a PLD, WHM,or RDM and <insert DD or magic DD Here> you really had a hard time to get a party?

2. Dynamis Finding a competent WHM in Dynamis was like searching for the lost Ark of the Covenant. Dynamis was the lynchpin of the endgame @lvl 75, do you really think that you could find about even 20 players that could fit Dynamis into their schedules at the same time on a classic server? and even if you could find those 20, who could guarantee that you'd be able to find at least 1 or 2 competent healers, so the whole thing wouldn't be an even worse death fest than it was.

-Honestly, I miss old school partying in the game, could meet new people and go out and level, It was a great way to meet new people etc. but it's the only thing I miss.
    PLD, WHM, or RDM? I leveled up several jobs without ever even seeing a PLD. WHM OR RDM, but in some instances I even had a SCH as a healer, a BRD as a healer, even a BLM as a healer. I've seen DRG's do it with pets (this was more of burn parties though that were full of drgs, but just more fuel to the fire that you are incorrect), SMN's sub whm and do it, implementation of DNC, people just do it themselves. Even had parties where everyone was /nin and would just try to burn stuff before you couldn't keep shadows up.

You also imply that dynamis was an all day event. I bet you spend more time spamming delves than you do in dyna (even more so given it was what, every 3 days that you could go in for a couple of hours).
    (1)

Player
    Rarely did I ever have difficulty getting a party, and Dragoon was the first job I took to 75. If you weren't getting invites, you should have taken the initiative to form your own groups. That's what I did, and I got to 75 relatively easily. This was on top of my 40 hour work schedule.

My linkshell at the time specialized in Sky/Sea/Dynamis/Limbus. Not having enough people was never an issue, because everyone who had joined the shell was aware of the times we did those events. That's why they joined in the first place, because it worked well with their schedules. We never had any issues clearing content either.
    (1)

Player
    Removed because of trolling.
    (1)
    Last edited by Natasha; 09-16-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Character
    Griffinx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    this is a great idea and i'm going to get my old ffxi buddies to sign this petition!
    (0)

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    And what about all the clear improvements that have been made? like checking prices of the items you want to sell on the AH? things like home points added on maps, trusts, new jobs, gearswap macros, menu improvements, getting around, increased inventory size, tied AH, some HMN's are now pops and more i expect i have forgotten.

There are many things i miss about the old FF11, but in many ways it always was a bit backwards and had a lot of un-needed fat. And if this happened i really doubt you would get as many people as you think you will.
    (1)
    My FFXI "Where the hell is Mak" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxN-P-9a9Q

I just realized... You would need to make sure WotG isn't included, since its updates bring you smack dab into the middle of the level cap increase (the reward earring is lvl 90).
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    I just realized... You would need to make sure WotG isn't included, since its updates bring you smack dab into the middle of the level cap increase (the reward earring is lvl 90).
    As stated originally, the point I would like the server locked at would be the last patch before abyssea (and/or before fields of valor/grounds of valor was repeatable back to back, I remember this was added right around the same time but it may have been slightly before abyssea and it needs to not be on the server). So everything up to that point is ok, sadly wings would just have to be in with an incomplete storyline unless extra work was to be put in to add it back but scaled down to a lvl 75 which I am not willing to ask for at the moment and push my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
    And what about all the clear improvements that have been made? like checking prices of the items you want to sell on the AH? things like home points added on maps, trusts, new jobs, gearswap macros, menu improvements, getting around, increased inventory size, tied AH, some HMN's are now pops and more i expect i have forgotten.

There are many things i miss about the old FF11, but in many ways it always was a bit backwards and had a lot of un-needed fat. And if this happened i really doubt you would get as many people as you think you will.
    Well for one, I imagine a lot of people who want this kind of server haven't even stuck around to notice your improvements. I personally don't consider most of them improvements, such as your quick travel. Sure, for you maybe you don't care about it at this point but I never hated the travel and actually enjoyed it from time to time. Right now the game suffers the same problem ffxiv does, you just teleport everywhere and it removes the worldliness of the game. To explain, I felt a lot of the improvements broke immersion and turned ffxi from a fantasy world into an 'arcade' if you will (you just pick your activity shoot there and jump to the next activity) which is not what I look for in my rpgs. There are other kinds of games that do that kind of thing better imo, I come to rpgs to get into their worlds.
    (0)
    Last edited by Natasha; 09-15-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    WOTG wasnt finished when aby came along? O_O
    (0)
    My FFXI "Where the hell is Mak" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxN-P-9a9Q

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast