Ten Characters
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Classic Server: Make PS2 limitations GREAT again!
    (4)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Ultimaxlegend
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    is about 1 week i`m back and realize these server are bad for the classic 75 cap player because all 99 farming and pulling and zerg all mob in classic zone and nm in the end of this month i have no choice to cancel my sub because i can not enjoy the classic gameplay of ffxi , this is my opinion thank you
    (2)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimax View Post
    is about 1 week i`m back and realize these server are bad for the classic 75 cap player because all 99 farming and pulling and zerg all mob in classic zone and nm in the end of this month i have no choice to cancel my sub because i can not enjoy the classic gameplay of ffxi , this is my opinion thank you
    Most of your classic NMs have high level variants.
    (1)

Character
    Ultimaxlegend
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    these mob are in 75 zone and are design for 75 content they are from the 2003 era and are kill from level 99 in 1 or 2 hit so in the end of the month i cancel my sub and will go play 75 cap
    i `m here to support the game i love from 2003 but the ffxi of today fail us

my last buy in 2007 but start in 2003
    https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Ultimax
    (1)
    Last edited by ultimax; 01-21-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Kreed
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Level to 99 and kill level 99 NMs instead. They look the same.
    (3)

Character
    Ultimaxlegend
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Myroth View Post
    Level to 99 and kill level 99 NMs instead. They look the same.
    first is very obvious this game is not design for 99 and 99% of the 99 gear look so ugly .anyway i cancel my sub and will go play the real 75 cap ffxi very soon ,
    not some lazy easy ffix http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...fantasy-online. this 99 ffix is just not the game i like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCj9hbnGmio
    (0)
    Last edited by ultimax; 01-23-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Then level to 99 and become a classic 99 cap player. Almost every NM that was ever popular has a high level version that drops a fittingly higher level version of the same item. Sorry if changing a number from 75 to 99 ruins the game for you but they aren't going to make a special version of the game that they'd have to seperately update and maintain.

first is very obvious this game is not design for 99 and 99% of the 99 gear look so ugly
    it is designed for level 99 because they made it and it exists. Your ugly gear comment is just a cop out because gear exists of almost every popular appearance that existed at 75, plus more. I also strongly disagree that the newly added outfits are ugly, I think most of them look better than the ones we had a decade ago, but gear that has all the old popular looks still exists, with updated stats and attributes. But that's subjective in all fairness. The way you are writing your comment, I have to wonder if you really believe what you're writing or if you're just saying it to convince them to do something they have already said they won't be doing.

That being said, if you look around on the web you might find alternatives if you find that you absolutely can't have fun because you have to gain a few more levels, but keep in mind that those alternatives are not legal and could be shut down at any time, so i'd advise against investing too much in something that could disappear without notice. I also strongly advise you to read my previous post above which explains why a classic server for this game would be problematic at best. I know it has worked for some games but I don't think it will work well for this one. I've seen custom servers and the problem they have is they're frozen in time. You can only do the same thing so many times before that nostalgia wears off. Plus you have to do everything you did in 2003 all over again, and you won't have the big huge community of the day to help you with that.

Also you said you quit in 2007, but even most of the people who have been asking for a "classic" server are looking towards the last few years before the cap rise, so odds are what most people are wanting that isn't the current game is still different from what you want. FFXI is still just as fun to me as it was back then. I personally welcome most of the things they've done because I have a real life and can't invest the same ridiculous number of hours waiting for NMs to spawn only to have botters win the pull.

In today's FFXI, I can pretty much do anything I want to do on my schedule, and the community that exists today is more close knit than ever- And for me, the best part of the early days was simply the community, which was (and honestly still is) stronger and has more integrity than any other MMO on the market. Often times we, as groups of people, were working on the same tasks that honestly weren't terribly fun, but it was the bonds we formed, the chats we had, and the hilarious fails and awesome successes that made it fun. A lot of MMOs today focus on optimizing the gameplay at the expense of buiilding a strong community, and it makes things feel more shallow. But even though FFXI isn't big anymore, its community is the big thing that keeps me coming back.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-23-2019 at 08:06 AM.

I never imagined I would be back here after a decade of absence, but anyway, I am.

Even though I would personally like a Classic option, I think its better to continue with the current game model. I think what most of us miss and enjoyed is the original community feel rather than the painstaking long and drawn out grind process! Although I will confess that I kind of did enjoy that grind from New Player with no knowledge of MMO's to Lv.75 veteran in an HNML, I felt like it was quite the accomplishment! But even so, it would never be the same on a Classic server, I imagine it would get old really fast now.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    these mob are in 75 zone and are design for 75 content they are from the 2003 era and are kill from level 99 in 1 or 2 hit so in the end of the month i cancel my sub and will go play 75 cap
    i `m here to support the game i love from 2003 but the ffxi of today fail us

my last buy in 2007 but start in 2003
    https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Ultimax
    > You can lock a level 75 character on Merit Points, and not do any further limit breaks. This means you will stay level 75 forever.

> You can play the old areas, level 75 content, NMs etc. on your level 75 character, with five Trusts in party. Or find some other people who want to play at level 75.

> Or play at level 119. The new FFXI is cool too.

> The game has increased base movement speed, so you walk and run faster. Also you can get Jumbotender bonus etc. for even faster movement speed.

> The game now has /lockstyle feature, which means you can wear any clothes on the outside of your battle armour, so your character will still have all the stats from the battle armour, but your appearance will be whatever your /lockstyle gear is (Chocobo Suit or Seasonal Event Clothes or w/e.) This means you can wear ugly armor for the stats, but still look cool on the outside.

> You can now obtain RME weapons, with a more realistic amount of time involved.

> Vana'diel is still the same Vana'diel as it was in 2004. Some things have changed, and new areas added. But underneath it, the original world of Vana'diel is still there for you to enjoy.

> All kinds of other cool and fun new stuff.

> I love playing FFXI in 2019, and I don't mind the changes really. Vana'diel is still the same world I always loved, and FFXI is still the same game I always loved.
    (3)

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast