Results -9 to 0 of 242

Thread: Classic Server

Threaded View

Player

Classic Server

Hello, this is a thread intended for direct feedback to the devs/community team (as there is no way that I am aware of to send feedback directly) not meant to be a topic of debate.

I would like to request that, if possible, the devs make available one FFXI server that is set to an earlier patch date. Specifically, the furthest along patch when the level cap was 75 before the addition of the back to back repeatable grounds of valor/fields of valor (as book burns are against the idea of the 'classic' experience).

This is something that a number of other games have offered (the main ones that come to mind are everquest progression servers which are similar but slightly different from what I am asking, and runescape classic functionality, there is also a lineage 2 classic server) and I think something that would be great to offer here.

This server would be a single server with a different patch or a rule set that makes everything since the intended patch not exist on the server. This could be done at the same time as making other server changes like server consolidation for population purposes.

As a huge fan of the game you have made, please look into seeing if this is possible. If it is not, then it is what it is but this would be a great thing for some of us out there.

Please support this with a like.

note: Please stop speaking as to the developers limitations as I highly doubt you or anyone in here knows the details of them. If you're wrong about the developers limitations then you are just spreading useless misinformation, if you are right about them then we still end up with nothing because it is unconfirmed and unofficial. Let the devs speak for themselves should they choose to, its not your responsibility as a member of the community to do so.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    (23)
    Last edited by Natasha; 09-16-2014 at 11:06 AM.