Thread: Classic Server

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seish View Post
    Hey if you really cared about the discussion, you would address those points. If not, and if you have nothing significant and of quality substance to say, then it is probrably best to let this go. Because all it's going to do is wind you up.
    I have addressed the points, while you continue to instantly reply to my posts with straw mans. I'm not going to keep retyping what I've already wrote and you ignored. I'm going to go ahead and let you keep doing whatever it is you think you're doing.

Attacking the Person / AKA Ad hominiem AKA Straw Man
    You are splitting hairs- while these aren't all exactly the same thing, they all relate to arguments based on characteristics of the person postulating the statement you disagree with. Choose your flavor of bad argument behavior, and call ti whatever you want, it doesn't make your behavior any less fallacious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-04-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Again, you are using the wrong terminology. But even then, if you actually were not making a fallacious argument, you would direct all comments to the argument. What you are doing is both strawman and ad hominem.

EDIT: They're different and exist independently. As to why my argument is centralized to your claim and not a straw man you ask? Well, that's very simple. I went, paragraph by paragraph broke down every single argument you made and showed the flaw in each point to have a meaningful discussion. I didn't create a tangential argument. Nor did I create a lifeless argument to detract from the main argument either. I stuck my guns to that argument. And my arguments were only with relation to the substance, or lack thereof, to the claims you presented me.

https://www.google.com/search?source...54.aZ_34nB0Sio
    (1)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-04-2019 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Link

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you have ANYTHING to say about why it won't work, please for simplistic sake, quote my detailed and long post and dissect. Or at the very least, summarize the points I am making and why it is invalid. That way, we can avoid any further deviance to this argument. Because I am trying to get us back on the train track.
    (1)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Up,

Dear SE, durring this confinement I see alot of players returning on Worl Of Warcraft Classic servers, enjoying to see back old friends that come back with them and getting so many nostalgia feeling, I enjoy them, but I never played WoW, I would dream to getting that on FFXI, I just ask you to get 1 Classic Lv75 server, why not give a try???????

Thanks for your attention.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can make your own lv75 classic server by not completing the level 80 limit break and using level sync if you want to play with others. FFXI does not need a "classic server," and doing so would divert resources from updating the current game for its current playerbase, which are in short supply.

It's also important to point out that wow classic is frozen in time which means it won't ever go past vanilla WoW and thus will become stagnant after a while. It's also still not the same as actually playing the game back in the day when it came out, as the community is not the same, and it's half of what makes any MMO what it is. And just because WoW and Everquest got something out of doing it doesn't mean it will work for everyone that tries it.

There are of course illegal private servers out there if you want to put your trust in unknown third parties modifying things in the game and doing who knows what with the data you send them.

Just stop digging up this old thread. SE themselves have stated in the past that this isn't going to happen.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-08-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh, btw, to really and truly put this to bed once and for all, Gamer Escape asked about this in an email interview of sorts (was among the things supposed to happen at pax): https://gamerescape.com/2020/04/10/1...y-xi-dev-team/

Gamer Escape: With the launch of World of Warcraft Classic, there has been talk of having classic servers for other games. We’re curious about your thoughts on having a classic server for FINAL FANTASY XI where maybe the level cap is at 75?
    Akihiko Matsui: Truth be told, we have no snapshot data of the level 75 era, which would make it very difficult to replicate things as they were back then on this type of server.
    Yoji Fujito: As things stand today, we are unable to meet these requests, simply from a version management perspective. If the goal was simply to limit level growth to level 75, that is something that could be done in theory, but we would be unable to provide any changes on top of merely adjusting the level cap and do not have the ability to provide any support for it with our current bandwidth.
    Furthermore, it goes against our company philosophy to just toss something out there and say “Here, have fun!” without giving it the due care that our fans would rightfully expect, so a level 75 server it isn’t in the cards at present.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The One thing that could be considered is for programming to be adjusted to allow for a level sync to go across a full 18-man alliance.
    (0)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If they are touching alliance mechanics, I'd prefer they try to solve the alliances and trusts issue.
    (1)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24