Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

So, everyone gets 2 weeks free.

Except those that already paid for the service? How is that fair.

Should not everyone, including your customers get 2 free weeks if you are going to offer a service like this?
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The way to look at these campaign from a marketing point of view is that all the company is trying to do is to get back some previous customers who might have otherwise left. They already have your (and my) money, they don't need to bait us anymore but they're looking for those that was a subscriber and who might at one point been addicted to the game to come back. You (and I) are not the target audience of this type of campaign.

Also, they already gave 'us' all those free stuff - the daily chest, the login campaign, etc, etc. At least those that actually wanted more logs/ores/junks who kept asking for free stuff. [personally I hadly ever do the daily chest, there are some items worth getting for the login].
    (3)

Player
    I understand it's a marketing campaign, it's still pretty disrespectful to paying customers to give it away for free and give no loyalty bonus that offers something.

I came to FFXI from Tera and that publisher never misses a beat, if they give something to new players old players get something too.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    this isn't the 1st time they offer the free to play for any cancel/expired subscription. so this really isn't anything new to most of us who's been playing. not really sure what's the down side it could have cause you that you feel you're entitled to some sort of compensation. ohh...they did say if you have an active account on record in July/Aug 2014 (sorry dont remember where that post is at now but I do remember seeing it somewhere), you get a Mog Pell (Red) delivered to your box and you can trade that in for a number of items. is that enough for you?
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Everyone does not get two weeks free. Non-deleted characters all get reactivated (and assuming they weren't permabanned) can log in for ONE WEEK. Not just anyone can just log in.
    (1)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Man this does remind me a little of the person who complained about the game being down for a week and a whole month free right after the earthquake in 2011. All because omg they couldn't play for a whole week and the only thing they were getting back was one month's payment not to be billed.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I understand it's a marketing campaign, it's still pretty disrespectful to paying customers to give it away for free and give no loyalty bonus that offers something.

I came to FFXI from Tera and that publisher never misses a beat, if they give something to new players old players get something too.
    Isn't something like this exactly what you're asking for? You had to be subscribed for the last two months to get the Red Mog Pell. Whether any of those things are useful to you are another matter, though a stack of Leafdim or Leafslit +1s is decent money at the moment, and anyone interested in Job Points will love the Vocation Ring.
    (2)
    7/10/14

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Except those that already paid for the service? How is that fair.

Should not everyone, including your customers get 2 free weeks if you are going to offer a service like this?
    [SARCASM]I bought the ultimate edition before seekers, WotG, mini-expansions came out. IT IS OUTRAGEOUS THAT I HAD TO SPEND 40 BUCKS FOR EACH EXPANSION/MINI SET WHEN OTHER PEOPLE COULD GET EVERYTHING I GOT ROLLED INTO THE NEW ULTIMATE EDITION. I'm a paying customer, so I should have gotten the expansions for free. This is a slap in the face to all people who play the game regularly when you let all the new people buy everything for 40 bucks, AND give them a free month on top of that... (not really, but it's the same idea, n'est pas?)[/SARCASM]
    (0)
    Last edited by Bamph; 09-11-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    I bought the ultimate edition before seekers, WotG, mini-expansions came out. IT IS OUTRAGEOUS THAT I HAD TO SPEND 40 BUCKS FOR EACH EXPANSION/MINI SET WHEN OTHER PEOPLE COULD GET EVERYTHING I GOT ROLLED INTO THE NEW ULTIMATE EDITION. I'm a paying customer, so I should have gotten the expansions for free. This is a slap in the face to all people who play the game regularly when you let all the new people buy everything for 40 bucks, AND give them a free month on top of that... (not really, but it's the same idea, n'est pas?)
    I really don't know how to respond to this level of spoiled entitlement. Nobody forced you to pay the full introductory price for any of these expansions.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I really don't know how to respond to this level of spoiled entitlement. Nobody forced you to pay the full introductory price for any of these expansions.
    Sorry... I guess I should have made it more clear that I was going on a sarcastic rant... I'll edit it to make it more clear for you.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast