Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Restoral Adjustment

Could we please see an adjustment to Restoral that allows it to be used on other targets? This spell could really help our healing role but it's single target. Making it castable on others might actually be worth the massive 7 points it takes to equip.
    (4)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player
    It won't, I'm at 70/70, and sinker drill is nice but I can't even find room for that, except on trash content I can drop nature's meditation for it.
    (0)

The spell is total fail, 7 set points... seven. The cost needs to be much less considering its single target only.
    (4)

I immediately found the use for the spell and understand why it is the way it is, though I completely agree and it needs to be changed to target vs self;

the spell was more or less made for breath spell users; with the new max HP tier IV for a whopping 180 HP, it is a nice spell to add into the set.

the spell gives +15 HP which is the second highest tier you can get for equipping a spell (other than spells like actnic burst or animating weil which gives +20 (sorry maintenance is going on so I can check my spell list)

however, the practicality of equipping restoral (7) barrier tusk (3) glutinous dart (2) flying hip press (3?) thunder breath (4 or 5 I cant remember) body slam (4) and frypan (3) for a total of like 26 blue points for +180 HP is kinda meh... I like to swap between breath spells, and elemental so I have +120 HP for tier 3 and took off restoral, without my cure gear it cures for 999 and with my cure gear its like 1350 or something which in this case didn't make much sense for me because I already had took off P.embrace last month and swapped it for white wind ect ect

its nice in some ways because they made it so I could take off my current cure spell (white wind) and gain the max HP trait by equipping restoral, but in the long run I'm not going to equip it until they add x30 blue magic points into job points because I have other spells I need to equip ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have learned Restoral but still use Magic Fruit, I just don't have the space for it.
    (0)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Restoral : 127 MP, Set point cost 7
    Magic Fruit : 72 MP, Set point cost 3

Magic fruit in max cure potency set (not max mnd) ~950
    Restoral in max cure potency set (I could not find a cap yet - always cured me back to max)

To me restoral is not very good - you have to let your HP drop dangerously low in order to really take advantage of its high cure amount.
    We are not mnks, waking around with 3000 HP.

The utility of magic fruit to not only cure yourself but other party members in a pinch, the reduced MP usage so you are not "over curing". The extra set points required for Restoral. The questionable job trait we get from Restoral.

I just can't see an argument for using Restoral.

Restoral is only good if you dont have a cure potency set for magic fruit - and you are willing to use up more set points, and more MP per cure because of it.
    (0)

Restoral again is for breath users... When I go from 1900 hp to 3400 hp it fills me up
    (0)

Stop man, there is no "breath users" breath attacks are bad.
    (6)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Indeed, Draylo, though there needs to be a reason use them so that they aren't bad, either via adjustments to the spells themselves or introducing content where they're useful. Even if that use is limited (think maybe Occultation, etc.), if we have a reason to actually use the spell, then it's justified to exist in our spell list. SE hasn't given us that reason yet.

But that's a separate adjustment suggestion, assuming SE has stopped being stubborn about our old spells.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 09-11-2014 at 06:22 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

breath spells are good for Nms that resist physical and magical blue magic, most of them do suck, yes, but the ones that you "need" to have equipped for the max HP traits aren't that bad, also white wind is dependent on your "max HP" so the more HP you have the more HP you restore (no cap), then you add in cure % and wind belt / day bonus to restore high amounts of HP to the PT, when they give us x30 blue magic points I'm going to put both white wind and restoral on for curega and cure spells which also works hand in hand with the 4 breath spells I equip, since they recently gave us an additional 5% on the new breath neck ardor pendant+1 (which I bought for 500k!) and the max HP IV trait, breath spells are a bit more decent

Magic attack bonus has no effect on breath spells which makes breath spells an alternative route for those who haven't farmed hagondes and gabaxoreas;

thunder breath 2498 , flying hip press 1233 ,heat breath 1851 , wind breath 925
    total HP 2965(no ionis, no food, no buffs, just armor) area ; marj revine enemy velkk jaguar and shadow mancer
    restoral cures me 1538 with quick recast/casting which isn't too bad for when I need to have max HP to cast breath magic, and breath magic gets -25% or +25% on positive monster correlation and also works on NMs for the same dmg (breath spells is dmg based on your current HP so its hard to resist) so I use these sometimes on skirmish/delve enemeys that resist all my elemental magics .... however now with diffusion ray and rail cannon doing 5-10k dmg and subduction 3-5k breaths spells could use a bigger increase! but still aren't too bad.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast