Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I really want you to be right about that because I'd love for more of our spells to be useful under certain circumstances but everyone I've asked or seen talk (until now) about breath spells say that they're just not worth it. They cost a lot of MP, require you to be in closer range and are heavily resisted on basically everything, according to BLU community experts. Maybe we could get a second opinion on that.
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

lol the only reason why I thoroughly explained my breath spell is because I want others to actually read how to use spells and then capitalize on getting the armor to use the appropriate spell... I currently have all my slots with the most HP u can find for my HP macro, and I use it often... I also do the most magic dmg for my blu on my server from what ive seen, and most can confirm... for example, I just got out of the new event in marj and I specifically shouted for magic attack jobs.... I got a blu wearing x2 swords, and another trying to melee enemies while the other 4 blues were mab.... its not uncommon that I do the most dmg in my PT as blu, and it is the same reason why and how ive been able to solo every skirmish since day 1... as well as duo delve with my blu/relic bard/ sch (me) and sam friend

breath spells are great because if you take the time to collect all the breath spell +% armor and HP armor then you see decent results

going beyond that, I'm only missing like 3 armors for my max HP armor set which are the einharjar sword 5% HP, the new HQ back piece , and from last I read there was a HP% armor I didn't have (and no not the campaign 4% feet which I own)

blue breath spells are dependant on the TOTAL AMOUNT OF HP YOU CURRENTLY HAVE so back when abyssea was popular I would use x3 HP atma and I had all the KIs to raise max HP and I would use breath spells then and they were still amazing....

I suggest to all those who havnt, to carefully read about each blue spell because they all are modified differently, including this new restoral spell... this one is VIT and MND and cure potency and light elemental ect .. its more than any other single target cure spell, and the MP cost is nothing considering u can magic hammer for low recast timer with appropriate armors / fast cast traits, though it would make sense to make it a targetable spell vs <me>

lastly breath damage cam be figured out with basic math "plug in ur HP here" divided by this and times this ect, so if u want to aim for a target amount of dmg, figure out how much HP youll need, then aim for armors/food/weapons/ect that will give you that target amount, I used to do 3000 white winds in abyssea and I'm hoping that they will finish upgrading armors to reflect abysseas HP for seekers of adoulin content (I had 5900 HP in abyssea so breath spells were a lot of fun)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    in abyssea
    In abyssea you can drop 11~13K CDCs, or better yet 2k Subductions every 2 seconds in an AoE, why on earth would you ever..... ever... just no.
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    thunder breath 2498 , flying hip press 1233 ,heat breath 1851 , wind breath 925
    What game are you playing where these numbers are impressive? You can't even effectively use a precast set to get their cast time down to a respectable level since you need to keep your +HP set on to maintain your high max HP. All of them sans Wind Breath are 6+ second cast times.
    (6)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah when the nms that resist magic and physical dmg have 2 million taking seconds to do 2500 dmg would take forever to kill especially with long cast times. Not to mention pretty much every nm added since breath spells were popular has huge bdts.

Back on topic another point against restoral is I believe it's the first cure not to be effected by healing skill
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-19-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think whitewind was effected by healing magic, so would be the second. On restoral itself personally i think it should have been 1 or 2 set points and only half the hp trait, the stats it gives are lack luster especially for something that cost 7 points to set >.>
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Sorry didn't really count whitewind since it's more of a breath move and doesn't use vit or mnd either
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2