Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Llink
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

The oldest mob in FFXI?

I'm not even sure SE can answer this; what is the longest a single mob has existed without being defeated by an adventurer. True, server resets aside, is there a rabbit somewhere hopping around with pride, because he's never been killed?
    (1)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    There were zones even back in the days that almost never had people in them. For example, I would put my money on something in Dangruf Wadi.
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nah, I think I've killed most mobs in Dangruf Wadi leveling jobs over the years. If there were any long-life mobs, I'd guess some of the old non-xp level capped zones like the top floors of Promyvians or Pso'Xja.
    (0)

Player
    Doubt there is such a mob, could be wrong.

With the introduction of monstrosity; players are randomly placed in precarious spawn points and trek numerous zones. visited places I never knew existed in a single zone; until monstrosity. Monipulators fight any/everything (At least when I do it^^)

Interesting observation nonetheless.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 09-09-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I highly doubt such a monster exists, so I would turn the question into the least killed monster. I would have to say things like Noble Mold probably hold the crown.

If there were a monster that has never been killed, it'd have to be so out of the way, such a hassle to bother, with no NM in the area to motivate being there, that no one has ever killed it. I am fairly certain that disqualifies everything in the game, but I would have to research it map by map to be 100% certain. Maybe in the old OLD days it were possible, but since, with so much to do, with all kinds of reasons to murder everything in sight in all zones, I just highly doubt it's a possibility now.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say something in rolanberry fields, Jugner, or batallia downs, because all three are very large with areas that are just about pointless to travel to but still has something there to be killed, if so desired. Same could be said for Xarc and glacier, I suppose.

Though, come to think of it, remember in Pso where you travel to promy? Well during that trip down the elevator there are a group of mobs on a floor, I believe. I don't know how to get there, if you can at all. Maybe it's possible they have never been killed? We've all seen them, but no real reason to travel to them and kill them, if possible.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I'm not even sure SE can answer this; what is the longest a single mob has existed without being defeated by an adventurer. True, server resets aside, is there a rabbit somewhere hopping around with pride, because he's never been killed?
    Mobs behind the gate in halvung @ D11 on map 4. the gate cannot be opened but there are mobs behind (you see them on widescan). These mobs have never been killed! That gate leads to an unused Island (F9 island in Mount Zhayolm). People reported the island does not have floor on it implemented, they saw this with an offline map viewer.

map links:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mount_Zhayolm/Maps

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Halvung/Maps#Map_4
    (2)
    Last edited by Monchat; 09-09-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Like earlier posters said, its probably mobs in Promy. I didn't really see people queueing-up to pop Deviator etc.

Remote/confusing location, drops gear in the 30-50 range, gear that has effects tied to a specified mob species, a combination of those three is probably the mob you're looking for.
    (0)

If theres an obscure NM with a r/ex or otherwise drop that people rarely to never want... chances are I've done killed it and collected its drop.

Ascalon, Bano Del Sol, Rain Hat, Astral Aspis, Hamayumi...
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-09-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Mobs behind the gate in halvung @ D11 on map 4. the gate cannot be opened but there are mobs behind (you see them on widescan). These mobs have never been killed! That gate leads to an unused Island (F9 island in Mount Zhayolm). People reported the island does not have floor on it implemented, they saw this with an offline map viewer.

map links:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mount_Zhayolm/Maps

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Halvung/Maps#Map_4
    I found this very interesting, reminds of of FFXIV 1.0, there was a video online of someone doing something to get past the gate to Ishgard and when he was running down the path that is past the gate, he ran past mobs that were just standing there. Never before seen or fought by anyone. FFXIV 1.0 also had this closed off, inaccessible area in a cave somewhere, but right before the game went offline, they held a mini-event where you would be taken to 2 never before visited areas, so I wandered away from the event and after some searching I came across 2 mobs that were never killed before since the area was closed off since launch. I just had to kill them.
    (0)

Cute thread. Love it.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast