Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Once a day you can do the same Limited-time Challenge Twice for a second 900 sparks a

Platform: PC, PS2, and PS3 (Shouldn't matter as the issue I suspect is on the server not the client)
    ISP: Comcast and Sprint
    Type of Internet Connection: Comcast - Cable; Sprint - 4G LTE
    Internet Connection Speed: Comcast - 150 Mbps; Sprint - 4G LTE
    Date & Time: Just after JP midnight
    Frequency: Once a day
    Character Name: IBHalliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)
    Race: Hume
    World: Ragnarok
    Main Job: 99SMN
    Support Job: 49RDM
    Area and Coordinates: Any
    Party or Solo: Either Party or Solo
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1. Start the limited time challenge that occurs just prior to JP midnight. In my case that is the one at 06:00 to 09:00 CDT. NOTE: You can check the limited time challenge status by using the quest menu. You should see the large yellow dot showing you have yet to complete the first time.
    2. Complete at least one full cycle of what the limited time challenge requires (e.g. 20 kills, 5 seals, or 5,000 XP/limit points). At this point you will get 1 Cop[er Voucher and 900 sparks. NOTES:
    A) You should check the quest menu to verify the large yellow dot is now a small green(?) dot showing the item completed at least once.
    B) I normally continue at least one more (if not several times more) getting 300 sparks each time I complete the requirement.
    3. When you decide to end you MUST insure you end with 0/20, 0/5, or 0/5000. If you end at any other point the bug will not occur!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Logout the character out.
    5. Wait till after JP midnight. In my case, it is 10:05 CDT. (This only occurs with JP midnight.)
    6. Log back into the character.
    7. The limited time challenge will start again (as it is suppose to, as the game allows you to finish the limited time challenge till the next one starts). YET, when you use the quest menu to look at the limited time challenge (Quest -> RoE -> Current), you will see the limited time challenge AGAIN has the large yellow dot denoting this is the first time.
    8. Start doing the limited time challenge again and complete it.
    9. Upon completing it (e.g. 20 kills, 5 seals, 5,000 XP/limit points) you will get AGAIN receive from the system / server 900 sparks and 1 Copper Voucher for a total of 1,800 sparks and 2 Copper Vouchers plus any other sparks earned for repeating the challenge.

NOTE: I almost didn't report this problem, but I want to be a good FFXI citizen. Thus I'm giving up the extra 600 (900-300) sparks and 1 copper voucher this situation allows one to get. Thus far I've been able to reproduce this problem three times with 100% success.

Comment / Observation on the template: I found the template difficult to use because it is missing a summary and/or description section. Honestly, I didn't get to describe the problem in summary format and suspect simply reading the steps won't make sense till the end (step 9 where I try to write a summary). IMHO, adding two to three new sections (e.g title, summary, and/or description sections) would be very useful.

Comment / Observation: Please consider allowing people to reply to threads in the "more information required section." Why? Someone at SE is asking for more information and thus we should be able to add it. I'm not saying just anyone should be able to reply, but at least the originator of the thread.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why do you think this is a bug? I just assumed that this was designed. And even if it were a bug, why do you gotta be a spoilsport and try to ruin it?

3. When you decide to end you MUST insure you end with 0/20, 0/5, or 0/5000. If you end at any other point the bug will not occur!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're actually wrong with this. It doesn't matter how far you are in a subsequent completion. A few days ago, I did Vanquish Aquans at 7:30 AM, then did it to 19/20 right after. After 11:00 AM, I logged back in, killed 1 Robber Crab, and I got another voucher. Also:

4. Logout the character out.
    It's not necessary to log out. You can stay logged in just as long as you don't complete the objective outside of the designated 3 hour window.

5. Wait till after JP midnight. In my case, it is 10:05 CDT. (This only occurs with JP midnight.)
    You need to adjust your clock. This is actually impossible. If it's midnight in one time zone the time in every other time zone will either end in :30 or :00. There are no 5 minute staggers.
    (4)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Why do you think this is a bug? I just assumed that this was designed. And even if it were a bug, why do you gotta be a spoilsport and try to ruin it?
    NOTE: I hope and pray you are correct (it is working as designed) and SE puts this report into one of the "dead" forums: Working as Designed, Not Enough Information, etc. If this occurs, I did my part. Maybe I shouldn't have used the template so they'd have reason to reject it without even considering it, but I used the template because someone told me (in another thread to use the template).

Well, I think it is a bug because it lets you get 4 vouchers per day, when the documentation (I read) indicates we should be getting 3 vouchers per day.

As for being a spoilsport, well, if you read the entire way through, you'll notice I mention I did soul searching before reporting the issue. Honestly, I waited two days before reporting the problem and only did it because I want to be a good citizen of Vana'diel and no I don't want to be a spoilsport. Let me put it this way, what would you say about someone keeping to themselves a way to get 100 million gil per day out of the game. Should they report it? Would reporting it be the same as being a spoilsport? If you agree one should report 100 million gil issue, then the only question I have for you is . . . at what point does it become a bug or something one should report? Honestly, .....

You're actually wrong with this. It doesn't matter how far you are in a subsequent completion. A few days ago, I did Vanquish Aquans at 7:30 AM, then did it to 19/20 right after. After 11:00 AM, I logged back in, killed 1 Robber Crab, and I got another voucher.
    So you knew and thought getting something others didn't know about is OK . . .

Also:

It's not necessary to log out. You can stay logged in just as long as you don't complete the objective outside of the designated 3 hour window.
    Thanks for this additional information! :-) I thought it was more difficult to reproduce this problem, but ah!! You'll notice in my case I am completing it with a 0/20, 0/5, or 0/5,000. It most likely doesn't matter ... it is just logging into FFXI between JP midnight and the start of the next limited-time challenge.

You need to adjust your clock. This is actually impossible. If it's midnight in one time zone the time in every other time zone will either end in :30 or :00. There are no 5 minute staggers.
    You miss read what I was trying to say and/or I didn't write it very well. The reader is suppose to be a bug fixer at SE and what I'm saying is this ....

Thus I am not saying JP midnight occurs at 10:05 CDT, I'm saying you have to wait till AFTER JP midnight, which for my testing was 10:05 CDT. I suspect you are trying to be nick picky because you don't like me and/or my being a spoil sport.

Well again, sorry, for being a rat / spoil sport / fink / snitch / etc, but being honest, I did a lot of soul searching and had to be an honest player. After all as I asked myself, IF I knew of a way to get the game to give me a 100,000,000 gil per day I would think everyone would want me to report it, right?! For me the turning point was the old question .... Would you sleep with a person you don't like for $1? NO, OK. Would you sleep with him or her for say $10,000,000 US? Yes, Cool. OK, now we know you're a wh*re. The only question left is what is your rate? I honestly, want to be a good and honest citizen of Vana'diel, so ... whether it be 1 voucher and 600 extra sparks or 100,000,000 gil, IMHO one should mention it.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Soul searching, hopes, and prayers over the ability to get an extra voucher and 600 sparks in a short window? Bug or not, I'd dare say this doesn't really matter. If someone's devoted enough to make it a point to get that, more power to em.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Your exaggerations are really messing up your attempt make a point. 1 extra copper voucher and 900 sparks a day is pretty insignificant, especially compared to 100 million gil. It's particularly so since that much gil would very quickly lead to MASSIVE inflation which would really screw over the players who don't know about such theoretical exploit. Your moral grandstanding on this issue is just weird.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm with Zarchy on this.
    I assumed it was how it worked. If you go in to a new period your little icon thing changes back to the yellow orb, but if you were logged out your challenge didn't change. Where as if you were logged in the challenge changed and the orb reset. it is not going to do anything in the long run. Most people just mass farm sparks using other methods. and vouchers are almost worthless.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Most people just mass farm sparks using other methods. and vouchers are almost worthless.
    I have almost 300 vouchers stored because I'm endlessly compelled to do the limited time challenges. Yet I have no idea what to spend them on.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have almost 300 vouchers stored because I'm endlessly compelled to do the limited time challenges. Yet I have no idea what to spend them on.
    Dude,

You can buy lots of stuff with them - both currencies and supplies.
    • Currencies - Single Copper Voucher rewards:
      • 1000 Sparks of Eminence (I do this one all the time, as it helps me get my Rem's chapters to reforge my AF and Relic on my 4 99 jobs & 2 soon to be 99 jobs. Add in the +1 upgrade and, well, you get lots of sparks. Plus, of course, ORB, and AA fights.)
      • 1000 Conquest Points
      • 1000 Imperial Standing
      • 1000 Allied Notes
      • 1000 Bayld
      • 1000 Valor points (Tabs)
      • 1000 Assault Points (sold per area)
      • 1000 Cruor
      • 1000 Kinetic Units
      • 1000 Obsidian Fragments
      • 1000 Mweya Plasm -- (I have several friends who are needing these and use their vouchers for them.)
      • 1000 Ballista Points (2000 max)
    • Provisions (I don't know about you, but you can sell these for gil and also use them to get JSE weapons.)
      • Pluton
      • Beitetsu
      • Riftborn Boulder

What I'm saying is there are things to buy with your voucher and for some valuable things.

As for the other comments ... well, I think people aren't catching my drift . . .
    (0)