Character
    Jaxit
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 50

The JP Midnight Gate for AF/Limit Break Quests

Returning player, just wanted to thank the Devs, as the game is very enjoyable with the way Trusts are. I really enjoy the selection of Trusts to choose from, as it gives that classic FF feel.

But I am writing this post to present an annoyance I'm sure you've heard about. Several questlines, including BLU AF involve waiting for JP Midnight to continue the next part of the quest. The problem with this lies the last quest in the chain: BLU's personal LB5 quest. Because of this, Blue Mage must wait until the next day at JP Midnight after the flag quest to start their AF Weapon quest. The next JP Midnight, the BLU completes their AF Boots. After the next JP Midnight, the BLU completes their AF Hat. After the next day, they complete their LB5 quest. The way this quest works, it expects newer Blue Mages to wait up to 3-4 days to go from 50-70, which isn't very exciting for people whose first job to 70 is Blue Mage; especially considering how fast EXP comes in nowadays.

From the information I have gathered, this JP Midnight restriction also occurs in the Dancer/Puppetmaster quest lines, and I wouldn't be too shocked if Scholar and Corsair were on that list too.

For the sake of the returning and newer players frustration, I think the best course of action is to remove the restriction and make it a 1 game day delay.

I only present this as a frustrated returning player on behalf of all future returning players, this leaves me with 4 days of restricted content which can very easily turn a player off to returning to the game for a while.

While the counterargument would be, "Level another job. Do some missions. Do something else", it still stands to reason that all the jobs that go through Maat for LB5 do not have to suffer this waiting gate, and given the way it is, from a returning player perspective the game expects you to play one of those jobs first.

Anyway, thank you for reading, I appreciate any responses to the matter. I think this will be a healthy change that will keep new subscribers and returning players from getting frustrated in the new direction of the game.
    (5)

agreed, this delay is pretty frustrating.
    (1)

Sure it takes 5 days between hitting level 40 and doing your limit break 5. However, if you said you would get that done on your first job 10 years ago, you'd have been laughed at, so the game has come along leaps and bounds.

As an aside, in particular for BLU,

In those 5 days, you need to:

* gain 30 levels;
    * Skill up your Blue Magic to cap;
    * learn all the spells that you're going to need to do LB5.

This is only really an issue, if you diodn't know that you were going to have to do all the other quests first and turned up to do LB5 ready to rock and roll, only to find you need to go through all your AF first and LB5 is still 5 days away.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah that was my problem when I went to do it on my mules on sch. I got them up and was gunna do limit break and then had to do all that... meanwhile tags which I were using to level up were effectively wasting.

Anyways the game has changed a lot. It isn't curtained around time gating and doing things making you take forever just to walk somewhere. There is more than enough content to keep you satisfied without extending it artificially. So I'd argue we should eliminate all jp midnight waits
    (3)