Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Allow Trusts to buff and heal Adventuring Fellows

As the title says, would it be possible to update the code for Trusts to allow them to interact and cure my Fellow NPC?
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fellow NPCs aren't party members, they're pets, so only you can (mostly) interact with them. That's why the trust NPCs ignore them since they're acting party members.
    (0)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Fellow NPCs aren't party members, they're pets, so only you can (mostly) interact with them. That's why the trust NPCs ignore them since they're acting party members.
    I'm pretty sure I remember (pre-trust days), parties of people outside Upper Jeuno just sitting back and casting enhancing magic on someone's adventuring fellow to raise their enhancing cap. Heck... I remember partying with my wife with both our fellows out as a WHM and being able to cast any magic that is also castable on party members on the fellow itself.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    I'm pretty sure I remember (pre-trust days), parties of people outside Upper Jeuno just sitting back and casting enhancing magic on someone's adventuring fellow to raise their enhancing cap. Heck... I remember partying with my wife with both our fellows out as a WHM and being able to cast any magic that is also castable on party members on the fellow itself.
    but does a spell like Curaga work on fellows when you cast on your self and another party member has a fellow out??
    (0)

I'm pretty sure it did. Also, the fellows are actually treated as party members (and are forcefully disconnected when you invite enough PCs into the party to make that fellow the the "7th member") instead of pets.
    (0)

Character
    Greebosapiens
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 0
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Actually they aren't quite treated as pets given some things you can do to fellows (combat related) that you can not do with pets, but are treated very similar nonetheless. As such, I can't imagine there being much in the way of coding that would need to be changed to allow heals/buffs from your own trusts to your fellow.

The adventuring fellow system is pretty outdated and really needs some type of overhaul to make it a little more current with today's content, and I'd like to imagine the devs are pretty well aware of this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Greebo; 09-11-2014 at 04:28 AM. Reason: typo