Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Conflict with Fenrir's HeavenWard Howl and Trust: Rainemard

Hello,

I've been able to reproduce this issue several times / 100% of the time. It occurs when:
    1. You are using Rainemard (Trust)
    2. Are using Fenrir's Heavenward Howl (in my case it was EnAspir)

What occurs is Rainemard will do an enSpell (in my case EnBlizzard) each time before he uses his sword. This results in a major time delay between each and every swing of his weapon (sword).

Rainemard does NOT use the EnSpell, but once (at the beginning of a fight/battle), when the Fenrir EnSpell (EnAspir or EnDrain) is not active. Thus he swings much more quickly.

If you need additional documentation, please, ask.

Thank you,

I. B. Halliwell of Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)

P.S. Based upon past experience, I've been unable to reply to threads on this forum / board -- even those I create. The only way I can reply is to create a new thread reproducing the original and then add my reply / question. IS THIS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSE TO WORK? If no, why is it working this way for me? Again, Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think I can see what the issue is; it looks as though it creates two en-spell effects, and Rainemard always tries to have his own enspell up. The AI thinks he doesn't have his up, and thus he casts and swings, casts and swings. Prolly best to either use Heavenward first and then summon him, or else pick a different BP or Trust.

As for why you can't reply on threads, it's usually because they've been moved. We can freely post in the "in-game bugs" section, but anywhere else in the bug forum we do not have permissions to allow us to post in threads. So once something has been moved to Working As Intended / Confirmed Bug / Not Enough Information, we can't post in it again. This is why they encourage the use of the template (which you didn't use, and might want to consider editing it before they move it to Not Enough Information).
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    OK, I understand, but . . . shouldn't they allow us to reply in the "not enough information," section given they are asking questions of us???

Also thanks for the suggestions on getting the two to work. As for using a different BP that defeats the entire purpose of doing an EnSpell....

BTW, I tried you suggestions and doing the BP and then calling him works for the first time, but unless I release and call him each time it fails. What also makes it difficult is the EnSpell lasts about 2.5 minutes or so and his recast time is 4 minutes.

I hope they'll fix the A.I.

I did look at the template and IMHO it needs a description and summary section. Why? The steps by themselves aren't as good as a summary in seeing the entire issue and its implication. A summary / description would let someone figure it out quicker (what's what). Anyway, that's just my viewpoint / opinion on the template.

I'll start using it ... in fact I did on my bug report about being able to do a challenge for the first time twice ....
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 09-09-2014 at 01:22 AM.