Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Wow, there is only me in South Gustaberg

Never imagined that could happen... maybe it's time for a server merge. How new players will find any fun in the game without people to play with?
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    RRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    (5)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Never imagined that could happen... maybe it's time for a server merge. How new players will find any fun in the game without people to play with?
    It's just not that type of game anymore. If there were 10 lowbies in South gusta, it would be annoying because everyone would have their trusts out competing with each other for mobs to kill. The bulk of the population is doing endgame stuff, and those that are new have reasonable tools now to get to endgame on their own. I know it sucks, but welcome to MMO's in 2014. SE had to adapt or die with this game.
    (2)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Merge w/ Sylph and I'll come join you
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Being alone in a starting zone is nice at times.
    (1)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    It can also make it hard to get started. My head's above water, but might not be if I hadn't been lucky enough to meet a helpful person. Now 10 trust parties in a zone might be bad, but without going to that extreme... I don't think it would be bad to see signs of intelligent life occasionally.
    (0)

How is it hard to get started? You can practically solo to 99 with trusts and doing nothing else lol.
    (0)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How is it hard to get started? You can practically solo to 99 with trusts and doing nothing else lol.
    If you know trusts exists, and eminence exists, and those field manual thingies exist, and why you're not getting more spells than the one you started with when you level, and so on.

I mean getting starting in the game from level 1~5 or so, not grinding up to endgame fast. A new person in the LS I joined couldn't even figure out how to logout (And I know I had that same issue when I started over a decade ago, but fortunately I remembered when I returned XD).
    (0)
    Last edited by Ris; 09-06-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    RRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    It's just not that type of game anymore. If there were 10 lowbies in South gusta, it would be annoying because everyone would have their trusts out competing with each other for mobs to kill. The bulk of the population is doing endgame stuff, and those that are new have reasonable tools now to get to endgame on their own. I know it sucks, but welcome to MMO's in 2014. SE had to adapt or die with this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I remember when FFXI was touted as having one of the friendliest, most welcoming, and most helpful communities among MMOs. I doubt anyone would believe that today.
    (1)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I remember when FFXI was touted as having one of the friendliest, most welcoming, and most helpful communities among MMOs. I doubt anyone would believe that today.
    I don't know. Coming back to the game, pretty much starting new because I don't remember much of anything from the game nearly a decade ago... people have been very friendly and welcoming so far. The problem, at least for me, is (was) just getting in touch in the first place. And before I made those friends, figuring out what to do to get started.

That's my perspective anyway...^^;
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast