Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33

How does this Abyssea thing work?

Hi all! Returning player that left nigh a decade ago, so might as well just say I'm new.

I've seen a couple references in guides about how I should "leech abyssea" when I hit 30 to level. But I can't find many details on what this is. I can find guides to unlocking it, but not a lot on what to actually do there.

Can someone please explain what it is that we actually do in Abyssea? (Does the 'leeching' like... literally mean letting other people do the work? o.o)
    (0)

Basically to leech you need to already have some cruor built up so that you can buy keys to open boxes for the the guys who are killing mobs. You get Cruor from partying in abyssea (unless they offer the 100k cruor chest again in the adventurer appreciation campaign).

If you had to restart completely on a new char, you'll have to either find some friends who are prepared to let you leech completely, or pay people to let you leech, or just go the old-fashioned route. (it's not nearly as bad as it was 10 years ago, trust me).

If you have a higher job already (70+) you can just gear up and join a worm party in abyssea la theine and get exp and cruor as you party, then use this cruor to leech lower level jobs.

Look up "Records of Eminence" and "Trust". They'll help you to get through most of the levels even solo if needed. Or even better, team up with someone who has the Trust already, and a strong DD job. If they level sync to you that's an extra records of eminence quest that you can have going at the same time for even more exp.
    (0)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    It seems I can buy cruor from the records of eminence guy, though I'm not sure if it would really be worthwhile...

While we're talking about trusts, is there a better tank than Naji? He can't hold hate through a single nuke on my blm, and I even pull aggro on my whm sometimes.
    (0)