Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aprian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Magic Burst Visual effect

I like to see the Magic Burst with visual effects, who agrees?
    (8)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    PS2 limitations.
    (5)

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprian View Post
    I like to see the Magic Burst with visual effects, who agrees?
    Oh Heck Yeah!!!!!!

As the "Bread and Butter" of our damage dealing skill as a mage, we should be rewarded with visual effects. Magic Bursting is a lost/forgotten skill as many (many, many, many, its ridiculous many) new players don't know WS and/or Skill chain attributes , nor do they know the magic elements that they are comprised of. As far as I'm concerned, For a Mage Magic Bursting Is The Equivalent To A DDs WSing, how much damage is left on the table when a mage cant (or doesn't know how to) time and execute a magic burst (especially when they are seeing light and dark sc repeatedly)? Worst thing is a majority of people these days don't even think about that damage increase, nor do they look to exploit it..

I can't count how many times during a pick up group party, a person has said "that's to complicated" when I indicate that I expect to see magic bursting from every offensive DD magic casting job in the party. Even after I tell them the elements I expect casted and when, timing is usually an issue since for many it hasn't been expected or required by their shells or other party leaders - even in the most difficult of content.

I think this would go a long way in reinforcing the fact that mages (I call them "the smart/strategic" jobs") should know the mechanics of the game to a deeper level, be more strategic and contribute more to the damage dealing without getting the backline killed.

I love what they did with the skill chain resist a few updates ago and this change will show the party who is on point as a mage and who isn't. To many times I come across mages that take the "free ride" approach and look at me crazy when I indicate that expect them to put in more work than just "cast - cast - cast - cast - refresh". Being backline shouldn't be approached as walk in the park, because for a real mage it isn't.

Additionally, (at the very least) I would like the magic burst to be a "free- shot" at the monster. I would prefer that the additional damage does not increase that mages enmity. Maybe that's a lot to ask for, but I think we should be rewarded in that fashion, in addition to the visual effect, for knowing and being skilled enough to utilize and exploit that aspect of the of the game. Its an inverse relationship from my perspective: For frontline DDs the closer of a skill chain should have increased enmity {as} For Backline Damage dealers the executer of a Magic burst should not see an increase in enmity and if possible should have their enmity reduced. That would be a mage utopia and would ensure that sloppy and "fly by night" mages pay for not knowing their job.

Great post OP.

Can we have this?
    (3)
    Last edited by Raging_Oracle; 09-05-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    So Fresh
    So clean
    /Bump
    (0)

As we would have to add graphics for every spell including spells that pets use, this is something that would be difficult to address.

In regards to the enmity generated from magic bursts, we do not have any plans to adjust this directly. We’d like players to use tactics and abilities that reduce their enmity such as Enmity Douse.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As we would have to add graphics for every spell including spells that pets use, this is something that would be difficult to address.

In regards to the enmity generated from magic bursts, we do not have any plans to adjust this directly. We’d like players to use tactics and abilities that reduce their enmity such as Enmity Douse.
    Thank For The Reply,

Why cant there just be a general Magic Burst animation for all. Maybe just "MAGIC BURST <Player Name> <Damage>" over the monster in nice big font. They did it with the !! over the head of monsters that change phase, I would be ok with an animation of the same size and font over the monster (maybe the color changes based on the element, but I could probably live without that if I had too- but would be nice). Doesn't have to be as graphic as the dark skill chain animation. Mage should get some love on this, frontline jobs get special reward when they skill chain- we should get something more than a standard chat message for doing something that isn't standard.
    (8)

Character
    Aprian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I like your idea Raging_Oracle
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post

That's good in theory however there is only 1 job that does magic bursts that has enmity reducing abilities...
    (7)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That's good in theory however there is only 1 job that does magic bursts that has enmity reducing abilities...
    Because there are no other jobs that can reduce another player's enmity or increase theirs to off set the enmity gained from a MB.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Because there are no other jobs that can reduce another player's enmity or increase theirs to off set the enmity gained from a MB.
    Only 1 that can reduce others without using SP and everyone can increases their own very easily all the way to the cap which makes it kinda pointless and why I focused on where he was saying to lower enmity

Should also mention that even Douse isn't even with a 10 min timer (assuming the fight actually goes that long) if you are casting a lot unless you mostly do AM/AM II... but AM/AM2 still have really high cast/recast times and extremely poor dmg/mp cost ratios
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-07-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast