Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

[Dev 1232] The process of unlocking new Walk of Echoes

Clearing an existing walk has a chance of causing each of the walks—from one to fifteen—to become a surge walk.
    5%-15% in the pictures. I'm sure this might increase exponentially buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I guess my question is why, not only is it random but there's 2 forms of randomness? Procs and Clears. One person enters, wipes, warps and then it's gone? You can't get the necessary people for an hour and it's gone?

Not only that, but it's random with NO visual indicators of whether something has changed. I'm sure it's easy enough to check, but it's a bit tedious after clear to have to go to a spire, check, then go to the correct one.
    (10)
    Last edited by Balloon; 09-03-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So it's random whether the high level walk will even be available? And then of course it'll be extremely random whether you actually get anything worthwhile from it. Additionally these battles are free-for-alls so some numskull could come in and screw the whole thing up. /sigh As usual there's at least one too many layers of randomness woven into what would otherwise be an enjoyable event.
    (8)

Player
    Pretty much, then add on top the fact we're still going to be zoning a ton which is what already makes WoE annoying and you're just looking at more content that's going to be eh.
    (5)

Player
    What I'm worried about is that if I'm farming for the weaponskills, most of the time there are only 2~5 other people in the zone, so what happens if we pop a HQ walk and can't clear it ?
    Are we supposed to wait 1h until it resets ?
    On top of that, it would have been a good idea to add heavy metal plates to the loot pool.
    (4)

I was hoping for more permanently accessible 119 WoE content, not this RNG nonsense.

As most has been said by the others above me I'm just going to go with;
    Please reconsider, we are not looking forward to it in this form.
    (10)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-03-2014 at 08:30 PM.

I have trouble believing enough people will be in there doing walks to pop the HQ ones and beat them. If this content is being designed for 20-36 ilevel peeps at a time... it will be dead on arrival if its that random. Rewards would need to be omgwtfbbq awesome for people to deal with the nonsense that is WOE for any amount of time.

My advice to anyone that wants any of the rewards is to get in at the very beginning when a few brave souls actually do them because if past WOE content is any indication it will last 2 weeks max.
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 09-04-2014 at 01:54 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    So will the equipment that drops have the same name and rare classification? I do have some pieces from WOE left and don't want to deal with having to worry about tossing an older item ( i.e. windbuffett belt (spell??.. so what..)) to get the new upgraded belt. That would suck.... hard!!
    (1)

Character
    Yottaxa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Does anyone else take issue with having to zone and re-zone to get a new kupo key item for each flux? Is this really necessary?

Secondarily, its a bit annoying to find the "new" content is another rehash of existing content and to be so /random. How long will we will have to spam the old content to randomly get the new content?
    (3)

If you have 36 people in WoE hoping to do new content, 2 people can go to each of the first 14 fluxes to clear them in 5 mins, while the other 8 go to flux 15 and clear it in about the same amount of time.

Assuming that each win doesn't increase the chance of HQ popping by 5% as shown in the screenshot (let's hope that it rises by 5% each time 5% of bosses HP goes down) then it won't take long to pop the new fluxes.

If you really have to clear each flux 20 times to pop the new one, not many people will do it... not many at all... probably not even enough to actually clear the new zones lol.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it, and there's still a few WS that I need to unlock, and this should reduce price of residue, die and coins at the same time
    (0)

There seems to have been a mistake in the information for the new Walk of Echoes content regarding the conditions for how a Surge Walks occur, and it has been fixed as of last night.

Correct information:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forturyino View Post
    Clearing an existing walk has a chance to cause that walk to enter surge mode.
    Apologies for the confusion!

I have a bit of other relevant information to share as well while I am here!

In order to make it easier to access Walk of Echoes, we are looking into adding a home point or way point to Xarcabard (S) in a future version update.

Additionally, after clearing an existing walk, if a surge walk occurs there is a ten minute interval before you can access the surge walk. This is a system from the original Walk of Echoes, but we are looking into shortening this time period.
    (5)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast