Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Alex Supply and Salvage Cheating- Accounts Not Banned?

Over the weekend it came to light that a significant number of players were exploiting Salvage to farm multiple thousands of alexandrite per day. You can see one of these players discussing this here. Initially it was thought that perma-bans were issued, as with the prior Salvage cheating, but this was not the case, and they were merely suspended... I saw one of the most obvious offenders back in Port Jeuno tonight.

I am extremely disappointed at this outcome. While it would benefit me personally to have lots of cheap alex towards my wife's Glanzfaust, this exploit was damaging to FFXI. There were two direct results of this cheating:

-Legit players who depended on alex farming to make gil saw their farming devalued by scummy cheaters. Some of them were so flagrant as to sell 5k or more of it per day, and the constant undercutting hurt players who were getting their alex honestly.
    -Some of these players took advantage of the exploit to make multiple mythics. Even though these weapons were acquired by dishonest means, they managed to keep their ill-gotten gains. I won't group with cheaters, but it still sucks to see players benefit from this kind of dishonest behavior.

This level of cheating, where some players profited billions of gil fraudulently, it's just not acceptable that they should keep their accounts as if nothing happened. It isn't right. Period.
    (33)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    Over the weekend it came to light that a significant number of players were exploiting Salvage to farm multiple thousands of alexandrite per day. You can see one of these players discussing this here. Initially it was thought that perma-bans were issued, as with the prior Salvage cheating, but this was not the case, and they were merely suspended... I saw one of the most obvious offenders back in Port Jeuno tonight.

I am extremely disappointed at this outcome. While it would benefit me personally to have lots of cheap alex towards my wife's Glanzfaust, this exploit was damaging to FFXI. There were two direct results of this cheating:

-Legit players who depended on alex farming to make gil saw their farming devalued by scummy cheaters. Some of them were so flagrant as to sell 5k or more of it per day, and the constant undercutting hurt players who were getting their alex honestly.
    -Some of these players took advantage of the exploit to make multiple mythics. Even though these weapons were acquired by dishonest means, they managed to keep their ill-gotten gains. I won't group with cheaters, but it still sucks to see players benefit from this kind of dishonest behavior.

This level of cheating, where some players profited billions of gil fraudulently, it's just not acceptable that they should keep their accounts as if nothing happened. It isn't right. Period.
    This is how SE operate.

With the salvage/sandworm duping they just banned a few people to make examples of them, most of the people invoilved in it didn't have any action taken against them.

They used an app to reset salvage final bosses over and over again, 3 day suspension for that is funny but FFXI and FFXIV are honestly, cheaters paradise. Always has been.

Sylph - Tigerwoods

Clipper was the nub way of doing it. Project Tako lets you save/keybind warp points.

"Defeats NM" stunbot fires command to take you in front of 5th porter
    Ctrl + X takes you to 6th porter, Ctrl + z puts you in front of rampart.

Can only imagine clipper being a very slow way of doing it.

Also was a plugin that lets you cast blue magik w/o being on blu. Erratic flutter would average me an additional 7-9 kills as compared to before I started using it
    They need our subscription fees, I guess?

3 relics, a mythic, an empy, couple of ifrit rings+1, etc. and walked out with 500m; and still have 3.5k alex on my mule. I guess I'll wait for the price to go back up since there won't be anywhere near the supply before I sell. Well worth the suspension for me. They patched the trick though.
    Amazes me they don't make an example of this guy, not only did he abuse it heavily but he is bragging about it which will encourage others to do the next dupe.

but yeah, grats on the haul. I'm actually quite jealous. maybe next time I'll jump on the boat seeing as their leniency with bans is now completely apparent.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-04-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Player
    This game is going to turn into all the f2p Korean games out there with everyone pos hacking and duping.

SE has set a precedence, and a scary one at that. I think everyone would say that they could live with not being able to log into the game for 3 days, if they knew when they got back they would have half a billion gil and all the REM's they could ever dream of.

Heck, if I become aware of an exploit at some point in the future I would seriously consider using it. I hate cheating but if it's going to be the future of the game... if you can't beat them, join em!
    (1)
    Last edited by Stephenjd; 09-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If SE doesn't want to permaban them, fine. But everyone who recieved the 3 day ban for doing this should have their(one of their...)mythic taken away or have all their gil confiscated or something.
    (7)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    If SE doesn't want to permaban them, fine. But everyone who recieved the 3 day ban for doing this should have their(one of their...)mythic taken away or have all their gil confiscated or something.
    3 days is nothing, a lot of us knew about this exploit but didn't abuse it because we feared Square would actually take action. For an exploit of this magnitutude, serious action should of been taken. 3 days suspension is nothing for such an extreme amount of gil from a simple exploit.

Guess you can do anything you want on FFXI now, the GMs teeth are all gummy. People will remember this on the next exploit.

If you're on Sylph and can't sell your alex, or the price has fallen to the floor send Tigerwoods a tell and say thanks.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-03-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Player
    while we're at it, a buffer overflow was used to sell this fellow 9 afterglows(4 of which were mythics) and a ton of 119 af pulled out of thin air overnight.. the weapons were never made through the quests

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bismarck/Luffyyy
    (6)
    Last edited by Comeatmebro; 09-03-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Player
    There is also some bs from some Goldsmiths that exploits a FFXI vulnerability to force high quality synthesis to make Ifrit Rings +1 and some other crap that they sell in 20 mil each. Some of them swap servers to "try" to avoid ban. Hope SE do something about that too.
    (0)

Player
    ifrits ring is synergy not synthesis, and no there isn't
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    ifrits ring is synergy not synthesis, and no there isn't
    TOMATO TOMÄTO |təˈmātō, - təˈmätō| just wasn't specific lol.

But yah, some ppl on the server were already banned, of course these guys had a s**t load of mythics - relics. Just dun wanna point out names cus is not my job, supposedly is SE job.
    (0)

Player
    Actually, there could be such a weakness.

Early on in FFXIV's lifespan, there was a weakness in the code that allowed people to access their character data and change it at will. This was used to make allagan pieces, namely platinums, that were made from crappy stacks of items worth nothing, to be sold for several million gil per stack. They also used this vulnerability to level crafting jobs to max level in seconds.

These things do exist.
    (0)

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast