Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    3 days is nothing, a lot of us knew about this exploit but didn't abuse it because we feared Square would actually take action. For an exploit of this magnitutude, serious action should of been taken. 3 days suspension is nothing for such an extreme amount of gil from a simple exploit.
    I'm amazed you knew about this but were complaining less than a month ago that Trusts was too difficult to figure out.
    (10)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I'm amazed you knew about this but were complaining less than a month ago that Trusts was too difficult to figure out.
    Yes Malithar, because this is the direction this thread needs to go in... -_-

In either case, heard about it, never did it due to the fact I'm not an asshole and thought/felt those doing it should/would get banned. Wish more was done, but I guess this just goes to show that it doesn't matter what people do anymore. Somewhat want to say something about easing Mythics after quite a few people just got shit tons of Alex and such in no time, but don't want to derail another thread into that, so fuck it.
    (1)

well shit...

i didn't know about this until a few days ago, but i kinda wish i'd done it.

i can't say that i'd want people banned for stuff like this, but it's still pretty fucked. i think the real solution here isn't for SE to ban harder, it's for them to find shit like this before people get a chance to abuse it to such an extent.
    (2)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    This is irrelevant to this topic. Do you have anything constructive to add, one way or another?
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    This is irrelevant to this topic. Do you have anything constructive to add, one way or another?
    Just as much as anyone else in this thread really. There's always been exploits in the game, whether they were dealt with in a strict manner or this new slap-on-the-wrist method. What's done is done IMO, it doesn't effect me or anyone I know. Makes me wonder what the point of all this witch hunting and torch bearing is, to get even with all the evil cheaters? What's the point?

I get that some feel their effort in building their RMEs might feel cheapened, but it'd only feel cheapened if you would have done it yourself had you known. Otherwise, you benefited from cheap Alex. Where's the reason to complain?

Besides, I was just pointing out that it was rather entertaining that someone who couldn't figure out Trusts and went on for pages and pages in a thread about it knew about this exploit which was kept fairly secret afaik, no public posts about it until the bannings started.
    (4)
    7/10/14

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Somewhat want to say something about easing Mythics after quite a few people just got shit tons of Alex and such in no time, but don't want to derail another thread into that, so fuck it.
    Agreed. There is little benefit to farming salvage other than farming alex now. On my server there are far more people who would like to make mythics than there is alex available for these players. At the time of this post there is a little over 800 alex available on Asura. Mythics are still quite involved to make without this artificial limit of alex availability.

As far as the people who cheated to acquire extra alex go, I have no objections to taking away their mythics / gil obtained from cheating. I object to demanding they be permabanned.
    (2)

Take away their porter storage slips!

Boy, that would p155 me off no end lol
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That was funny. It's like salvage bans V1. A couple of threads pop on forums. Cheaters brag that SE will not ban because they think 1/3 of the playerbase does it. In reality I bet less than a couple of players per server were actually doing that shit and the butthurt will cause moar bans. It should not be too had for SE to perma-ban anyone that killed a salvage boss twice or more in one run ! They did it once and there was no impact on the game ...
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-04-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Count me among those who are surprised the bans were not permanent. It will be interesting to see what Alexandrite prices do now. I bet they stay around 8k, perhaps creeping back up to 10k in the extremely long term.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Alexandrite prices do now. I bet they stay around 8k, perhaps creeping back up to 10k in the extremely long term.
    This mostly.

That said, I was completely oblivious about this exploit, though seeing people with thousands of Alexandrites in their bazaars would be a pretty obvious hint.
    I do admit that I did enjoy the low prices and high availability. Getting my Mythic will just take a bit longer now, I guess.
    (0)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast