Seriously? No Monstrosity updates again?

As the title states.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    With no real gear or other rewards, the have recognized that monstrosity is a colossal waste of time.
    (3)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've said this before but not every content in the game needs rewards. There is already so much stuff that provides the player with a plethora of boosts, equipment, exp and whatnot.
    Why can't we just have some content in the game that's only for fun? It won't bother the players who aim for end-game stuff and at the same time it provides a form of relaxation.
    Fighting stuff as monsters is one of the most awesome things that got added to this game in the last 5 years.

If rewards is the only way to make this content loved again, then so be it. But I'm getting a bit tired of people demanding this feature to be added when Monstrosity is already great without any.
    All the content really needs at this point is:

- Some form of party mode.
    - A few extra areas for the level ranges 85~99 (especially for large monsters).
    - More families.
    (3)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameesh View Post
    If rewards is the only way to make this content loved again, then so be it. But I'm getting a bit tired of people demanding this feature to be added when Monstrosity is already great without any.
    All the content really needs at this point is:

- Some form of party mode.
    - A few extra areas for the level ranges 85~99 (especially for large monsters).
    - More families.
    Monstrosity is fun, but it lacks meaning currently. Adding some form of rewards (doesn't have to be gear, make HMPs, ancient currency, synth mats, etc possible to earn at a decent enough rate that it's not a joke) is a means to an end. When the last update survey was done with a Monstrosity category, less than 30% of players had even given it a shot, and less than 15% liked it. By adding a way to earn something of worth, other than just "having fun" you'd create a reason to do the content.

I think it's been proven time and again that events "just for fun" don't really work, whether in this MMO or any MMO. There needs to be something you can walk away with that makes you think "that was worth it."

Here's the survey results for Monstrosity from the Feb-April Survey. Notice how many have "no plans" to mess with it. Over half that have tried it are either dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, or neither dissatisfied or satisfied with it. There needs to be something there that makes players want to do the content. Not need to do the content though, as some too-good equipment would do.

(4)
    Last edited by Malithar; 09-03-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Editted for image
    7/10/14

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    "Over half that have tried it are either dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, or neither dissatisfied or satisfied with it.'

I'm reading that graph in a very different way. Only a combined 5% were at least somewhat dissatisfied with it after trying it, while a combined 14% were at least somewhat satisfied. This tells me that even with very little content to do in Monstrosity, people liked it. Imagine how much they'd like it with some content to use their monsters on! The problem is that 69% that haven't bothered because there's really no point. SE's got a very good thing going here, potentially but...
    (4)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player
    The problem with that graph is that it doesn't go into reasons why players are dissatisfied, somewhat satisfied, neither satisfied nor dissatisfied don't give real meaningful input in the least, it, like most of these, were terrible indicators, the question SHOULD have been something more like:

How do you think we can improve monstrosity? Mark as many as you choose. (I'll mark them the way I would've answered)

[X]: I have played monstrosity.
    [ ]: It's perfect as it is, continue producing content like this.
    [X]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity content with high level gear rewards.
    [ ]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity content with low level gear rewards.
    [ ]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity's PVP aspects.
    [X]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity's party aspects.
    [ ]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity's solo aspects.
    [X]: I would prefer a focus on questing/BCNM fights in monstrosity.
    [ ]: I would rather development time be spent on other content than monstrosity.
    (3)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    The problem with that graph is that it doesn't go into reasons why players are dissatisfied, somewhat satisfied, neither satisfied nor dissatisfied don't give real meaningful input in the least, it, like most of these, were terrible indicators, the question SHOULD have been something more like:

How do you think we can improve monstrosity? Mark as many as you choose. (I'll mark them the way I would've answered)

[X]: I have played monstrosity.
    [ ]: It's perfect as it is, continue producing content like this.
    [X]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity content with high level gear rewards.
    [ ]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity content with low level gear rewards.
    [ ]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity's PVP aspects.
    [X]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity's party aspects.
    [ ]: I would prefer a focus on monstrosity's solo aspects.
    [X]: I would prefer a focus on questing/BCNM fights in monstrosity.
    [ ]: I would rather development time be spent on other content than monstrosity.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, Selindrile.
    (1)

I don't remember what I answered for that survey; it's possible that I may have selected "somewhat dissatisfied" only because I felt the content wasn't fleshed out enough - i.e. all the stuff they promised, and the things we've been repeating over and over.
    I'm on the fence about needing rewards from it. It's just casual content to me. But the idea of foraging for drops and doing some quests or something might be nice, in addition to the other requests (party, areas, families). Also earning merits/having something new to do once you hit 99 on your favorite MONs.
    (0)