Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1231] Enemy HP should increase based on job repetition, not # of members

When enemy HP increases for every member beyond 6 in endgame content, this mandates that every job in the party be absolutely vital, and it severely limits the jobs that can participate. It's not the players' fault that they have to behave in a close-minded way.

The solution (AKA the suggestion that you will never have any plans for) is to only increase enemy HP based on job repetition within an alliance. For example, an alliance with 18 different jobs should receive no HP increases in the monsters. This would create incentive for players to team up in large groups and to welcome a wide variety of jobs. However, a group of 6 that includes 2 monks would have the HP of all enemies increase slightly. A group of 18 that includes a ton of monks or rangers should have the enemies' HP increase a lot.

And that's all I have to say about that.
    (5)

Sorry to be very blunt here, but that will not be the sollution to having certain jobs excluded from certain events.

Some jobs are simply more efficient than others at certain events and that's not going to change without making fundamental changes to the entire game mechanics.
    And that is not going to happen.
    (5)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-02-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I hate to say it, but even if the HP of an NM increased; I still wouldn't take a <insert undesirable job, like SMN, BST, DNC, et al> over additional MNK, RNG <insert other desirable job>.

Because chances are, those NMs would still be safer (and more efficient to kill) with my multiple <insert desirable job>.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    When enemy HP increases for every member beyond 6 in endgame content, this mandates that every job in the party be absolutely vital, and it severely limits the jobs that can participate. It's not the players' fault that they have to behave in a close-minded way.

The solution (AKA the suggestion that you will never have any plans for) is to only increase enemy HP based on job repetition within an alliance. For example, an alliance with 18 different jobs should receive no HP increases in the monsters. This would create incentive for players to team up in large groups and to welcome a wide variety of jobs. However, a group of 6 that includes 2 monks would have the HP of all enemies increase slightly. A group of 18 that includes a ton of monks or rangers should have the enemies' HP increase a lot.

And that's all I have to say about that.
    That's a silly idea.

Are we going to start punishing people for using normal, average setups? Lolwut.
    (1)

Well they are punishing people for even thinking of bringing more than 6 people. Why is that fair? Something has to be done, and its reward adjustments. What sense in anyone mind does it make to have 10+ players have a harder time and obtain the SAME drops as a group of 6 players who have it easier to clear?
    (6)

Player
    I agree with Draylo.

Content scaling only really works with reward scaling, otherwise it's penalizing yourself (Time/Difficulty) for no benefits. I think the concept of scaling is fantastic, and at the very least personal loot pools will mean that it's at least better than Delve, but delve has proven that it doesn't scale well. Many 6+ delves take longer.

So if it's reward scaling that needs to be done.. I see no problem with that. Not disallowing 6 man parties from entering, but incentivizing those who do go with more than 6.
    (2)

Player
    How about the reverse, diversity increases droprates, each additional job brought increases the droprate in some way?
    (1)

Player
    Shoe horning jobs into content isn't the answer to job balance, it didn't really work with VW and it'd just be.. I'd probably still take a better chance at winning than take a SMN BST PUP etc.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Shoe horning jobs into content isn't the answer to job balance, it didn't really work with VW and it'd just be.. I'd probably still take a better chance at winning than take a SMN BST PUP etc.
    It may not be the best answer, but it can and has been a more attainable answer than they've been willing to do otherwise, you say it didn't work with VW, who would've brought BLMs to this content without procs, they tried to diversify melees at least, usually brought at least one Blu, and a Rng back before they brought them anywhere else.

I do agree, job balance is assuredly the bigger issue at hand, but some gimmicks shoehorning jobs in might be the easier, shorter answer to some things, there's no reason we can't do something like this in the short term while still working on job balance in the long haul.
    (2)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    People may have taken BLM's to Voidwatch; but being a BLM at Voidwatch was hardly an exhilarating challenge (That goes for every other job too). Infact, the whole Voidwatch era is one most of us could have done without. Bad point of reference, really.

Voidwatch without the temporary items would have been much more interesting (inb4 well you didn't HAVE to use the temporary items Q_Q - and you'd be missing the point.)

They should just homogenize jobs. That's the real answer. Works for every other MMO.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 09-03-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast