Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Eldieme Necropolis (S) campaign battle bug.

This happened last night during a campaign battle in Eldieme Necropolis (S) I joined in a fight against the campaign NM Orc "Battlemaster Vatgit" and while fighting this NM would continuously vanish every 10-15 seconds and re-appear in a different spot nearby and continue his attacks, ruining my ability to keep my target locked on him. Because of this happening it was impossible for the AI campaign fighters to also keep fighting him properly because they had to keep chasing him down an re-initiate the fight.

The battle also took place in a rather odd location as well, instead of the wider open area containing the Campaign Fortification target, the battle took place in one of the corridors with 4 intersections quite a ways away from it. I hope this issue can be resolved soon, and thank you devs for your hard work at maintaining this awesome game.
    (0)

Thats his Unique AI ability, the vanishing is not a bug, its how hes programmed, and the effect is suppose to make it hard for you and the NPCs to fight him.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Battlemaster_Vatgit

Hes a THF type, the vanishing is more or less a play on his job, as he'll reappear and WS you from behind (Aka Sneak Attack > WS, THFs do this). In the future, especially for Campaign mobs (they all have a lot of unique abilities), I'd recommend looking them up on Wiki.
    (0)