Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

[dev1231] New Battle Content: Incursion! (I know it's just been announced)

Dear Dev Team,

I'm sure you have already thought of this because it seems to be on your mind a lot, but I just want to make sure..

Joining the Fray
    Challengers can test their mettle against the Velkk by examining the Weathered Canvas in Marjami Ravine (I-11) once all party and alliance members possess velkk fetishes. These fetishes can be procured from the corpses of Velkk skulking about the ravine.
    If every person needs to kill an untold number of Velkk (lets assume 5-10) to get this key item. Velkk will cease to exist in Marjami Ravine and we will be hunting them like the HNMs of yesteryear. In short, there will be a lot of congestion. Is there any plan, such as the whole group receiving the key item if one person obtains it to address this situation?
    (2)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Player
    You can expect no Velkk to be alive on the first weeks of this content. Its gonig to 1 big claim fest getting the fetishes to enter this event even...

What im more afraid of is this quote:

Fulfilling certain prerequisites and reattempting the battle will further increase the difficulty of the monsters appearing within, providing a level of challenge that surpasses even the most frightening of Delve content
    At this moment many jobs arent balanced well enough for Delve II. Now without fixing these problems they are adding up the stats on the mobs. Can they please STOP adding content 50% of the people in the game cant even play? This will only further the MNK+SAM strats and leave almost all other damage dealing jobs out of this event..
    (4)

What I'm annoyed with is this,

Monster HP within Incursion will increase proportionally for each player over six.
    This means don't go with more than 6 or you are being inefficient. STOP doing this and not adjusting drops accordingly! I bet CP won't even scale for each person after 6, so you are gimped even further the more people you bring.
    (11)
    Last edited by Draylo; 09-02-2014 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post

This means don't go with more than 6 or you are being inefficient. STOP doing this and not adjusting drops accordingly! I bet CP won't even scale for each person after 6, so you are gimped even further the more people you bring.
    ^
    My linkshell and I are just as annoyed by this for the exact same reasons.
    If you are going to scale difficulty by the amount of people entering please also make it more rewarding by adding more exclusive rewards or upping the droprate accordingly.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post

Not necessarily.

If HP before requires 2 WS to kill a mob, and HP after adding another 3 players just requires 2 WS and the skillchain to kill a mob... can you see what you need to do here???

And adding 50% HP to the boss isn't the end of the world if it means you can reduce it's eva/magic eva/att/def etc by adding specific jobs so that you can actually kill it faster.
    (0)

If only it was that ballanced...

Delve right now is a good example why it is a bad idea to take in more than 8~10 people and is most efficiently run with 6.
    Not only does HP not scale proportionately, with more people pounding on a single mob its TP gain also skyrockets making fights considerably harder than they should be.

There is a reason why people want to only take rangers to certain fights these days.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-02-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    ^
    If you are going to scale difficulty by the amount of people entering please also make it more rewarding by adding more exclusive rewards or upping the droprate accordingly.
    "My linkshell is bigger we deserve better rewards." Drop rates I agree the more people that come (assuming difficulty is scaled) the more items should drop. However, I'm sorry but you and your linkshell don't deserve better rewards just because you brought people. The reason these things scale is because the meta-game is more geared towards pick-up groups now because of dwindling server numbers and the huge divide between the Japanese and English-speaking player base.
    (7)

As long as the party leader or alliance leader is in possession of a Velkk Fetish everyone will be able to access Incursion. There is no need for the whole party to possess the item.
    (10)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquichot View Post
    At this moment many jobs arent balanced well enough for Delve II. Now without fixing these problems they are adding up the stats on the mobs. Can they please STOP adding content 50% of the people in the game cant even play? This will only further the MNK+SAM strats and leave almost all other damage dealing jobs out of this event..
    I know how you feel, my SMN and THF are basically useless, but game balance is being worked on. Note that there are adjustments in this very patch for DRG and some other non-DRG jobs that people also don't care about. One thing many more people care about is the addition of new challenging content. It seems SE is working to appeal to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    "My linkshell is bigger we deserve better rewards." Drop rates I agree the more people that come (assuming difficulty is scaled) the more items should drop. However, I'm sorry but you and your linkshell don't deserve better rewards just because you brought people. The reason these things scale is because the meta-game is more geared towards pick-up groups now because of dwindling server numbers and the huge divide between the Japanese and English-speaking player base.
    A six-man group will include jobs like RDM, DNC, etc., almost never. If adding more people lead to better drops, there's opportunity for more job diversity because you're able to bring more jobs for ancillary functions. SMN for EA (for a move that may be nasty but usually survivable), RDM for debuffs, THF for TH, etc.
    (2)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    A six-man group will include jobs like RDM, DNC, etc., almost never. If adding more people lead to better drops, there's opportunity for more job diversity because you're able to bring more jobs for ancillary functions. SMN for EA (for a move that may be nasty but usually survivable), RDM for debuffs, THF for TH, etc.
    That's great!... for you and your group but the majority of players don't play in a group like yours and rely on small PUG groups and don't pretend that 18 man groups will bring jobs like DNC, PUP or even RDM. MAYBE and I'd like to emphasis how even in an 18 man group it's extremely unlikely, you'll get a mage party. Odds are you'll just see a copy/paste of the same 6-man PUG party just into 3 conjoined parties.
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast