Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying summoners are completely useless but there are other choices for most situations.
    And yes, I am also aware of our defensive capabilities like EA and PD and our crowd management capabilities as well, and no those aren't always needed either.
    I never said they were always needed. I'm simply saying that if you're either: in a PUG that isn't as efficient as a prime LS group of 6, or if you're in an LS group where more than 6 of you want to go, that taking a SMN along isn't a bad option at all.

You may not 'need' to slowga all the mobs that link to the NM, then run off and dismiss the avatar to de-pop them, but it can save you a couple of minutes per NM. If your group isn't perfect, then that might be the difference between a win or loss.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    You may not 'need' to slowga all the mobs that link to the NM, then run off and dismiss the avatar to de-pop them, but it can save you a couple of minutes per NM. If your group isn't perfect, then that might be the difference between a win or loss.
    I'll keep using Tidal roar.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    I know how you feel, my SMN and THF are basically useless, but game balance is being worked on. Note that there are adjustments in this very patch for DRG and some other non-DRG jobs that people also don't care about. One thing many more people care about is the addition of new challenging content. It seems SE is working to appeal to everyone.

A six-man group will include jobs like RDM, DNC, etc., almost never. If adding more people lead to better drops, there's opportunity for more job diversity because you're able to bring more jobs for ancillary functions. SMN for EA (for a move that may be nasty but usually survivable), RDM for debuffs, THF for TH, etc.
    Ppl still don't use RDM.....Whhhhhaaaaa? Which mage job do you use in delve - -
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. To correct you though, I do all my runs since the beginning of the event with my linkshell. I was simply saying I put random people in there just for clears or plasm, we usually clear most of those zones with 8~10 people in old Delve. The point is, you can afford random oddball jobs when they don't HURT you. Making HP scale w/o adjust drops makes it so anything more than necessary to win just hurts you in the end.
    And I actually completely agree with you as long as we're just talking about exp, merit points or CP, drop rates or even number of drops but this whole idea of 'we can afford to bring more people so we deserve better gear', put quite simply, disgusts me. There should never be a gate between a person and a reward that requires them to have 17+ friends and I know I'm going to get the classic 'it's an MMO you can either socialize or GTFO' argument but the fact remains that not everyone can dedicate the time that larger endgame LSs require or don't enjoy playing with big groups or don't enjoy socializing.
    (2)

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Ppl still don't use RDM.....Whhhhhaaaaa? Which mage job do you use in delve - -
    WHM, BRD, GEO, and COR cover support for me in Delve, typically. Working in RDM in place of something else for things like stunning or nuking isn't impossible but it's usually contingent on no GEO, COR, SCH, etc., being present. Admittedly, our LS doesn't have that many RDM but when they come along it's usually as something other than RDM.
    (0)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    WHM, BRD, GEO, and COR cover support for me in Delve, typically. Working in RDM in place of something else for things like stunning or nuking isn't impossible but it's usually contingent on no GEO, COR, SCH, etc., being present. Admittedly, our LS doesn't have that many RDM but when they come along it's usually as something other than RDM.

RDM is a better choice for stunner than SCH though, SCH only offer regen V and TP regain in delve1, RDM offers haste2 and dia3.

With haste2 and eva down you can adjust BRD buffs for more attack.

You don't NEED RDM in delve but it certainly provides more performance increase than many other jobs. I really don't understand why ppl continue to act as if RDM is bad here over and over even after RDM buff months ago.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3