Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Suggestions on game improvements

I won't be reading up on this later since I quite honestly expect to get flamed for every suggestion, but I'm submitting them anyways because let's face it, there's a lot of MMOs out there and from the ones I've played none of them have restrictions like FFXI has.

1) Remove the throttle speed for downloading FFXI, we're way past 56k modems now and 12 hours to download a game is unacceptable and would put most people off even trying it.

2) Make sending mail direct and not sitting in the outgoing mailbox. No other game has you waiting for someone to pick it up and half the time they don't even bother to check so it's just sitting there taking up space.

3) Remove 7 item limit off the AH or increase it to something like 20, some MMOs don't even have a restriction but those that do don't have it so low that it's taking weeks/months to get rid of stuff.

4) Remove the 200 fish fatigue. I get it, you don't want us standing in the same spot catching fish and flooding the AH with it. That's why some games I've played have a limit on when you can fish or where you can fish for x amount of time. One game had it where you could only fish at night game time, others had it where you could only fish in a spot for so long before the fish moved on to another spot but only affected your character, like in FFXIV. If you want to limit our fishing so we're not just standing there running a 24/7 fish bot then why not make us have to move, or adjust fish to only be present at certain locations and hours of the day?

5) Increase the fishing skill rate. It's weak. It's so ridiculously slow. You don't want us to catch more than 200 fish? Give us a reason to not stay in the same zone fishing then. I can gain several more skill points jabbing a level 99 mob with an onion dagger and no dagger skill in the time it takes to get 1 full fishing point. And not just the rate at which it skills, I've yet to see fishing give more than 0.2 points when everything else can give up to 0.5, what's up with that?

6) Please let us use trusts in mission BCNMs. I was like hallelujia! when I heard we could summon them in certain BCNMs, until my husband tried to do his rank 3 mission and couldn't do it because his trusts vanished. Now he's going off the game again because he can't progress and he's not the type for making friends or shouting for help in Jeuno, especially on a mission so trivial that people don't want to know.

7) Server merges! Need I say more?

8) Pet improvements. Moshis aren't good enough. Pet classes are still suffering with lack of interest because they just aren't good enough. All I ever hear is shouts for BRD, WHM or COR. Say you're a SMN and they don't respond, even for fights where the loot drops are for SMN! I've watched combat logs during delve mega bosses including summoners who had full 119 items and using moshi. All I ever saw was miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, and half the time their bloodpacts did mediocre damage that was below 500 points of damage. And as for enmity they're hopeless for keeping threat. The moment the summoner uses a ward-type bloodpact or a spell threat is instantly lost. Make us USEFUL besides just WKR please!
    (1)

Player
    Putting in my 2 cents on these cuz why not:

1.) Sure, if the servers can handle it, why not make it P2P in some way?

2.) I prefer XI's method, this way you can retrieve the item if you change your mind, or if the recipient never checks his mail.

3.) Would be nice if this was increased, whatever the servers can handle.

4.) & 5.) I have no opinion on fishing, just couldn't care less.

6.) While I agree, let people use Trust in all BCNMs, cuz why not, if your husband quit over that, better to pull that ripcord early, there's a gajillion way more annoying roadblocks than that one in FFXI, he wasn't going to make it far if that stopped him.

7.) No easy answer to this one, NAs could definitely use a merge, while the JP are appropriately populated at least on my server, I don't have the answer except a voluntary server merge or something.

8.) While I totally agree that all of the pet jobs need whole heaps of improvement, SMN needs it the least of the three pet jobs, though it definitely still needs it.

Just having 119 gear doesn't mean that you can't have a better item in that slot, often of lesser level, if the summoner didn't have the appropriate gear in the appropriate slots that accounts for his terribad damage. Smn does do abysmal damage in higher end content, but his BPs should be a damn sight better than 500, though his physical accuracy is going to be laughable no matter what he does, which is admittedly a bit ridiculous.

Summoner is at least useful in the Head Wind fight at least, not terrible in Ouryu, and is acceptable in Wokepet Delve2 to drop aura, buff, and pet pull efficiently.

Does this make it balanced? No, it's still quite behind, but it's just funny to me to say pet improvements and then list Smns problems, Pup and above all Bst have it way worse, Drg debatably too, but you may or may not count that as a pet job, and it is getting some love next patch, when was the last time you saw them do any content that wasn't solo?
    (0)

Player
    7 - Will echo Selindriles point on this one, there aren't easy answers, we're anemic but the japanese are at pretty optimal numbers. We double their population and there'd be congestion. I think the correct answer is to seperate English/JP communities at this point. I cannot remember the last time I spoke to a japanese player.
    (1)

Player
    I agree, the JP/Non-JP divide is bigger than it's ever been, it feels to me, it's odd to feel that there are so many of them comparatively, but I never, ever do any events with them any more.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    8.) While I totally agree that all of the pet jobs need whole heaps of improvement, SMN needs it the least of the three pet jobs, though it definitely still needs it.

Just having 119 gear doesn't mean that you can't have a better item in that slot, often of lesser level, if the summoner didn't have the appropriate gear in the appropriate slots that accounts for his terribad damage. Smn does do abysmal damage in higher end content, but his BPs should be a damn sight better than 500, though his physical accuracy is going to be laughable no matter what he does, which is admittedly a bit ridiculous.

Summoner is at least useful in the Head Wind fight at least, not terrible in Ouryu, and is acceptable in Wokepet Delve2 to drop aura, buff, and pet pull efficiently.

Does this make it balanced? No, it's still quite behind, but it's just funny to me to say pet improvements and then list Smns problems, Pup and above all Bst have it way worse, Drg debatably too, but you may or may not count that as a pet job, and it is getting some love next patch, when was the last time you saw them do any content that wasn't solo?
    Decided to check this out anyways since it got bumped up.

I do class PUP, BST and DRG as pet jobs. I only play SMN out of the pet jobs, although I do have BST but haven't played it since it hit 99.

BST pets are way better at handling threat than SMN pets. If you do a large BP then you can get away with meleeing the mob but the moment you do a buff pact or cast a spell on yourself that threat is potentially lost.

I've only seen BST in WKR and their pets tank the boss for a considerable amount of time before a real tank takes over. Sic a SMN pet on it and it dies in 3-4 hits and anyone doing any kind of damage or casting spells on you gets aggro straight away.

Haven't seen PUP or DRG in any endgame content which is suffice to say they are totally ignored which is a real shame, and BST is only ever seen in WKR whilst SMN does have some capability to join in certain delves. As I saw the other night SMN BPs are pretty useless at a lot of fights such as Stellar Fulcrum II. The rage pacts take far too long to be used again (haste does nothing to decrease BP delay time) and before long we had 5 Kam'launauts on us.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 09-29-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why would you need trusts in any of the mission battlefields except maybe the Adoulin ones? You can level up and crush those NMs effortlessly.
    (0)