Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    I guess that means I have to level one of the jobs they will invite, so I can get gear for the jobs I want to play.
    But then what's the point of gearing a job if you never get to play it? It's not like it's a doll you can set on a shelf to show off. A job that you just gear and never use is a waste. If all one wants to do is play virtual dress up then there are games far more suited to that than FFXI. If all you demand from SE is that you're able to gear your job and nothing else then you really should question your priorities and standards. (This isn't aimed at you, Maikeru, just the mentality that you're referring to.)
    (2)

the major problems that SMN faces are that the PB: Ward haven't scaled up since level 75 in most cases or ineffective verses everything Endgame, and the BP: Rages that are physical often times miss as it is, even with merits, JPs, and Food; The Magical ones, even with the +MAB, still end up resisted. I love SMN, and it sucks that we can no longer fill any role in a party. SE said they were adding new BPs and changing Avatar's Favor... but I'm not holding my breath that that's going to be happening anytime soon.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    I'm curious as to what they're going to do with favour, generally when they say "We're gonna buff something" They've actually followed through in strides. I just don't know how good they'd have to be to be able to be viable.
    (0)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    The fact the matter is that many jobs CAN perform just as well as, if not better than, the jobs that are being invited. People are just stuck in their ways and it's extremely frustrating, especially for new players. What happens after I spend all my time getting a job to 99 and gearing it out, only to find that no one wants to invite it to content? Your solution, and has always been, to level another job. I think that's BS.
    This was still a problem back when I quit FFXI in... 2006 maybe? I don't remember the exact year.

Some things never change!
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    MNK,SAM,BRD,WHM,SCH

abyss

rest
    (0)

Player
    For mages: Increase stoneskin recast, make it absorb a crapton more, talking 1000~1200, you know, 2-3 hits by something mean.

For Titan: Same huge increase in stoneskin, don't increase the Ward timer since he has to pick that vs other wards anyway, that would be nice.

Just a stray thought really, stoneskin is quite rarely useful now, generally less than 1-hit from a scary mob.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 09-05-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Just a stray thought really, stoneskin is quite rarely useful now, generally less than 1-hit from a scary mob.
    Who finds it rarely useful? Increasing your effective max HP by 445 (with gear) so you're not one shot is amazingly useful, which is why buffing it as you detailed would end up being quite a problem.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Who finds it rarely useful? Increasing your effective max HP by 445 (with gear) so you're not one shot is amazingly useful, which is why buffing it as you detailed would end up being quite a problem.
    The vast majority of people don't bother casting it anymore, I do generally pre-fight, but can't think of a fight I recast it in, perhaps if it had the casting time of a barspell, but longer recast? /shrug, tbh was more a suggestion about how to strengthen Smn than stoneskin, could increase Stoneskin recast to like 5 minutes in that scenario, can't imagine it being overpowered then, but would be far more useful for using during the fight pre-buff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 09-05-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    The only real valid complaint here is capacity/job points since you specifically have to be on that job to do said content. The "problem" is with the playerbase, not with SE otherwise. It's the players that decide which jobs they want to use. As it's been said, form a ls or group of friends that don't care about the optimal jobs if you want to do content on a specific job.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeam View Post
    The only real valid complaint here is capacity/job points since you specifically have to be on that job to do said content. The "problem" is with the playerbase, not with SE otherwise. It's the players that decide which jobs they want to use. As it's been said, form a ls or group of friends that don't care about the optimal jobs if you want to do content on a specific job.
    The players decide based on what SE gives us. Garbage in garbage out.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast