Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    As someone said, you can't balance 22 jobs. Get them as close as you like, the ones that do best are still gonna be the only ones shouted for. Most jobs aren't garbage to begin with; they're just not optimal either.
    (1)

Character
    Nostromo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeam View Post
    As someone said, you can't balance 22 jobs. Get them as close as you like, the ones that do best are still gonna be the only ones shouted for. Most jobs aren't garbage to begin with; they're just not optimal either.
    Ok, thanks for posting the obvious. You've been a real help.

I know there have been other threads that touch on this topic before, but it needs to be said again, and again, until Square Enix does SOMETHING that fixes the current situation. They keep adding content, but not all the jobs are "optimized" for it. Therefore, the same jobs keep getting invited, placing the other jobs further behind.

You brought up Capacity Points, but I wasn't going to say anything about it because you can get them solo. Truth be told, though, the same jobs aren't getting invited to Capacity Points parties either, and as a result are getting Capacity Points at a much slower pace. This of course places them EVEN further behind the "best" jobs. Now, I know the Capacity Points system doesn't offer much in the way of improvements, but it still offers improvements nonetheless.

The way things stand currently, you cannot continue progression at 99 unless you are a BRD/WHM/SCH/PLD/MNK/RNG, maybe GEO/COR/SAM (if no BRD or RNG/MNK available). If you are NIN/DNC/PUP/BST/SMN/RUN/THF/DRK/BLU/RDM/BLM/WAR, you might as well be playing a single-player console RPG.
    (1)
    Last edited by Maikeru_Sylph; 09-06-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    Make your own groups and that won't be an issue. I was mnk back when no distortion = no party. Was it more of a pain than just joining a shout or sitting in town with my flag up? Of course it was, but I was able to do it. What was my next job after mnk? Dnc (Yea, I didn't level another job for that many years, lol; so imagine all the stuff I had to make my own pts for in that time frame; far before mnk was ever popular, only exception being salvage). Then came pup (obviously the worst of the 3), despite people not wanting me even making my own groups, didn't lose my first parse until I was lv 61 (vs a drg on birds).

am I saying that jobs don't need adjustments? No, I'm not. A lot of the jobs COULD use some adjustments. All I'm saying is that even after the adjustments, if there are going to be jobs left out. Buff the hell out of WAR? maybe mnk gets knocked out. Buff the hell out of smn? maybe rng gets knocked out. Jobs may shift around, but they can't all be optimal. No matter what adjustments they make, jobs are going to be left out and that has nothing to do with SE, but with the attitude of the player base
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    The way things stand currently, you cannot continue progression at 99 unless you are a BRD/WHM/SCH/PLD/MNK/RNG, maybe GEO/COR/SAM (if no BRD or RNG/MNK available). If you are NIN/DNC/PUP/BST/SMN/RUN/THF/DRK/BLU/RDM/BLM/WAR, you might as well be playing a single-player console RPG.
    What gives you the idea that you cannot continue progressing on any of those jobs?

Hint: Every single job you listed I've had in a CP party, hell just last night had one that was 2x Geo /Rdm and /Whm, Blm/Rdm, Blu/War, Nin/War, and a Drk/Sam. Group was in Woh Gates, and I was honestly skeptical as hell that it'd work (Whirl Claws is some rough AoE for so little healing), but it worked just fine. Blm pulled rabbits to us to save on Geo- recasting MP, sleepga'd pulls, nuked if he had time, or just saved it for when we hit the worm room. Ran with Indi-Haste, Indi-Precision, Geo-Refresh, Geo-Frailty with the mages keeping people topped off and buffed. 90 min party, lil over 7 JPs earned with 2 uses of Capacity Ring.

It's been echoed multiple times in this thread, this whole "wahhhhh I can't do x" isn't cause of some obscure job dysfunction, it's because players don't shout for non-optimal setups. Have you tried responding to a CP party shout listing your jobs? Have you tried setting up your own? Can't really give you any advice, because what's described in thread's like this isn't the case on Bahamut. If someone sets up a CP party, typically, they shout for any job, or at the very most a specific role, healer, buffer, or DD. In parties like the one last night, we roll with what we got and make it work.

Accuracy is the hardest thing to overcome with CP mobs, as without buffs or gear + food, you might be hurting some. But conquer that and they're cake, they don't have much HP at all, maybe 15kish. With mobs that weak, it's not worth searching out optimal setups to grind, just go with what 6 people want CP on.
    (1)
    Last edited by Malithar; 09-06-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    7/10/14

Character
    Nostromo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    What gives you the idea that you cannot continue progressing on any of those jobs?

Hint: Every single job you listed I've had in a CP party, hell just last night had one that was 2x Geo /Rdm and /Whm, Blm/Rdm, Blu/War, Nin/War, and a Drk/Sam. Group was in Woh Gates, and I was honestly skeptical as hell that it'd work (Whirl Claws is some rough AoE for so little healing), but it worked just fine. Blm pulled rabbits to us to save on Geo- recasting MP, sleepga'd pulls, nuked if he had time, or just saved it for when we hit the worm room. Ran with Indi-Haste, Indi-Precision, Geo-Refresh, Geo-Frailty with the mages keeping people topped off and buffed. 90 min party, lil over 7 JPs earned with 2 uses of Capacity Ring.

It's been echoed multiple times in this thread, this whole "wahhhhh I can't do x" isn't cause of some obscure job dysfunction, it's because players don't shout for non-optimal setups. Have you tried responding to a CP party shout listing your jobs? Have you tried setting up your own? Can't really give you any advice, because what's described in thread's like this isn't the case on Bahamut. If someone sets up a CP party, typically, they shout for any job, or at the very most a specific role, healer, buffer, or DD. In parties like the one last night, we roll with what we got and make it work.

Accuracy is the hardest thing to overcome with CP mobs, as without buffs or gear + food, you might be hurting some. But conquer that and they're cake, they don't have much HP at all, maybe 15kish. With mobs that weak, it's not worth searching out optimal setups to grind, just go with what 6 people want CP on.
    And this is why I didn't want to bring up CP. Obviously, as a melee/ranged/non-magical DD, you're going to have a greater chance of getting into a CP party because it's basically mindless grinding of XP mobs, and the faster you kill X the more CP you get. If you could get into a merit party 6 years ago, you can get into a CP party now. However, regardless of our differences in server populations, the chances of seeing a PUP/SMN/BST/BLM in a CP party are slim to none.

The real issue in job advancement at 99 lies with Delve, Skirmish, and future endgame content. As you and a few before you have noted, players will always choose the optimum setup for everything. And, according to hearsay, BRD/WHM/PLD/MNK/RNG is the optimum setup for everything. Therefore, despite our differences in population, I'm fairly certain that BRD/WHM/MNK/RNG/PLD/COR/GEO are the only jobs being asked to come to said events.

Congratulations to you for being to able get into one of these endgame parties with one of the other 15 jobs. That doesn't mean it's a common occurrence.

And, just because I make a party doesn't mean people will join.
    (2)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well if you make a blm style party you will get cp faster than melee style in woh gates, acrux just die way to easy for blms, get like 3 blms and a cor(macc roll actually does wonders here) and own ^.^
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    And this is why I didn't want to bring up CP. Obviously, as a melee/ranged/non-magical DD, you're going to have a greater chance of getting into a CP party because it's basically mindless grinding of XP mobs, and the faster you kill X the more CP you get. If you could get into a merit party 6 years ago, you can get into a CP party now. However, regardless of our differences in server populations, the chances of seeing a PUP/SMN/BST/BLM in a CP party are slim to none.

The real issue in job advancement at 99 lies with Delve, Skirmish, and future endgame content. As you and a few before you have noted, players will always choose the optimum setup for everything. And, according to hearsay, BRD/WHM/PLD/MNK/RNG is the optimum setup for everything. Therefore, despite our differences in population, I'm fairly certain that BRD/WHM/MNK/RNG/PLD/COR/GEO are the only jobs being asked to come to said events.

Congratulations to you for being to able get into one of these endgame parties with one of the other 15 jobs. That doesn't mean it's a common occurrence.

And, just because I make a party doesn't mean people will join.
    Another player playing a different game I guess. I've seen PUP in CP pt many times, the reason why I don't see SMN BST BLM is because nobody want to farm CP for them. In reality BLM is one of the most efficient job for CP farm and it can probably farm CP solo more efficient than most 6 man CP pt PUG.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 09-08-2014 at 07:13 AM.

8. 09-08-2014 12:04 AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3