Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

About blus next set of spells

most of are next set of spells seem interesting but wouldt it be to late to ask for you to change out polar roar with glassy nova, i mean as is, its a 5min rehash of Icebreak, glassy nova would be something new (and omg looking) compared to a bland forgetable aoe bind >.>;

ps is uproot going to be a spell that targets the caster(aka diffusion-able) or targets the monster with add effect of removing status down on player. The first would be preferable and have an interesting trick to make it worth using a 5min and 10 min ability with.
    (1)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE doesn't seem to understand that the majority of our UL spells are not worthy to be shared on a 5 min timer. Heck, most of them would be of questionable use if we had to set them as regular spells. The way I see it, all our UL spells should be desirable to use so that it's actually a choice between equally useful spells. For example, concerning Polar Roar and the other Naakual spells, I think they should be adjusted so they also give a debuff that corresponds with the aura that that Naakual would normally receive. So, Polar Roar would now also be Paralyze and Frost, Blistering Roar would be Attack down and Burn, Uproot would be Regen and Dia, etc. (These effects would not be an aura as it is for the Naakual.)

Such an adjustment would make more spells desirable for use and would make it a tougher choice between useful spells that are restricted to that 5 min timer. I've also got some ideas for how to fix spells like 1000 Needles, Feather Storm, Mortal Ray and so forth. Maybe I'll post those as well but SE seems to be pointlessly stubborn about adjusting old spells...
    (2)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 09-01-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    aye well truth 2 of the last set of 3 naak spells are useful (yea not blistering roar), and uproot off this one seems like it will be amazing, main reason i said glassy nova tho, is its a massive debuff(could easily drop the dispel for player version and no one would care) that would make you think real hard about using it or something else... And yea most of are Ul spells aren't worth the trouble. This round of UL spells i figure only uproot will be worth it, and going to be a real pain to get >.>; tho watch se do something weird like make that thunder bird spell erase are hate >.>
    (0)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Don't forget these spells are only usable with Ubridled Wisdom, so they are likely very powerful.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Eh... not necessarily. See: Tourbillion, with its low Magic Accuracy. Gates of Hades has a decent damage output in my nuking build, but I can pull close to or even more damage off of Charged Whisker without the five minute limiter, or 2-3 casts of Subduction in a few seconds. Thunderbolt has never impressed me. Blistering Roar? Nope. Absolute Terror is decent, but its duration always feels so short even in full M.acc gear and dual clubs. Carcharian Verve lasts for too short a time, and the boosts are only moderate. Polar Bulwark to absorb a single physical strike, but unless you're on the ball and prepped for a specific absorption, that Unbridled Learning -> Polar Bulwark is going to be too slow.

For the most part, there's this whole trend of "Well, they're okay..." with only a few particular gems like Harden Shell involved. So no, being UL/UW-locked does not ensure a powerful spell.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    So no, being UL/UW-locked does not ensure a powerful spell.
    Indeed, and that's a problem. The fact that you can only choose one every 5 minutes should mean that they're more effective then the standard spells. They should be equally attractive so the player is left in a position of, "I could use X but Y is good too..hmm." Basically, it's an extension of what our spellsets should already be doing for the BLU. (which is a whole other issue: Our spell list is being kept really shallow by spells that don't work correctly, were never useful or are out dated/only set for their traits.)

I remember Prothescar posted his UL wishlist a couple of years ago and it was brilliant:

Wyrms
    Spike Flail (Heavy AoE physical damage. 5/7/9/11.5fTP, 80%STR, 66%~ attack bonus, ignores physical resistances)

Adamantoises
    Earth Breath (Conal earth breath damage. HP*2, no level divisor, ignores resistances/damage reductions)

Behemoths
    Ecliptic Meteor (AoE dark damage, Bio, and Paralyze. 4fTP, 2.3dINT, 50%INT 50%MND, Bio = Level/5 + 5 w/ Attack-10%~ for 2 minutes, Paralysis 20% for 2 minutes)

Ultima
    Citadel Buster (AoE Light damage. 6fTP, 2.3dMND, 50%INT 50%MND)

Omega
    Colossal Blow (Throat Stab on normal targets, physical damage on all others or when stab fails. 3/3.5/4/5fTP, 50%STR, 50% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances)

or

Target Analysis (Absorbs 25 of every stat for 60 seconds, hooray)

Cerberus
    Magma Hoplon (Stoneskin and Blaze Spikes. skill*2 for stoneskin, skill/4 for spikes, 120s duration)

Gullool Ja Ja
    Vorpal Wheel (Inflicts damage based on the number of debuffs that the target has. 0-1 Debuffs: 3fTP, 50%STR 50%DEX, 33% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances; 2-3 Debuffs: 4fTP, 50%STR 50%DEX, 33% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances; 4-5 Debuffs: 5fTP, 50%STR 50%DEX, 33% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances; 6+ debuffs: 6fTP, 50%STR 50%DEX, 33% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances)

Gulfurfur the Menacing
    Arcane Stomp (Allows you to absorb the next magical attack directed at you.)

Medusa
    Calcifying Deluge (Large conal ranged attack that inflicts petrification. 3.5fTP, 40%STR 40%AGI, ignores physical resistances and arrow shields, duration 15~45s based on TP)

Chariots
    Discoid (3000 damage divided between nearby targets. Subject to minimal resistances)

or

Homing Missile (AoE damage that varies based on HP. 3/4/4.5/5.5fTP, 75%AGI, 50% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances; damage varies based on your HP and the monster's HP, if your current HP * 3 > 50% of the monster's HP you will do maximum damage, scales down from there.)

Dvergr
    Cackle (AoE magic attack-25%, magic accuracy -25, magic defense-25 for 120 seconds)

Yovra
    Fluorescence (25% attack boost for 2~3 minutes)

Orobon
    Leeching Current (AoE drain. Skill*.3)

or

Deathgnash (Throat stab on normal targets, high rate of success. 3fTP, 50%STR, 50% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances on all other targets and stab fails. Accuracy +30~60 based on TP.)

Gallu
    Kurnugi Collapse (AoE earth damage, Magic Accuracy Down, Accuracy Down, and Burn. 2fTP, 1.5dINT, 30%VIT; Magic Accuracy -30, Accuracy -30, Burn = skill/5 +3, duration 120s)

Zilant
    Soul Douse (Conal doom. 10s countdown, moderate accuracy. Does not work on NMs.)

or

Dark Star (AoE dark damage, Defense down, and Magic defense down. 3fTP, 2.3dINT, 32%INT 32%MND, Defense-20%, Magic Defense-20 for 120s)

or

Chaos Blast (AoE dark damage, Max HP Down, Max MP Down, Max TP Down and Knockback. 2fTP, 1.5dINT, 20%INT 20%MND, Max HP-20%, Max MP-20%, Max TP-20%.)

Shinryu
    Mighty Guard (Grants Protect V, Shell V, Regen III, Refresh, and Regain(3/tic) for 120seconds)

or

Cosmic Breath (Deals conal dark breath damage, plague, and attack down. HP*1.5, no level divisor, ignores resistances/damage reductions, plague = 15tp/tic 10mp/tic, attack -30%, duration 120s)

or

Supernova (AoE nonelemental damage and Doom. 4fTP, 2.3dINT, 75%INT, 20s count doom that does not work on NMs)

Caturae
    Stygian Orb (Same potency heal as Cure V + stoneskin based on amount of HP healed.)

or

Dark Arrivisme (Physical AoE damage, knockback, dispel, and gives the user all killer effects. 2fTP, 20%STR 20%VIT, ignores physical resistances, dispels 3 effects, killer effects +15% for 30~60s based on TP.)

Pixies
    Summer Breeze (Erases all status ailments from self and nearby allies that would normally be removed by Erase or Esuna. If no status effects exists, imparts a 3/tic regain to self and all nearby allies instead.)

Iron Giants
    Scapula Beam (AoE light damage and all stats down. 2fTP, 1.5dMND, 80%MND, all stats-50 for 60s)

or

Area Bombardment (Conal physical damage that dispels and removes part of the caster's enmity. 3fTP, 32%STR 32%VIT, 50% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances, dispels 3 effects, removes 50~99% of user's current enmity based on TP)

or

Turbine Cyclone (AoE wind damage and dispel that also grants damage reduction randomly to one type of damage. 2fTP, 1.5dINT, 20%INT 20%AGI, dispels all effects, randomly reduces damage from slashing, piercing, blunt, or magical damage by 50% for 60s, bonus is multiplicative on top of current physical and magical damage reduction.)

Naraka
    Yaksha: Oblivion (AoE physical damage and all stats down. 4/5/6/7.5fTP, 80%STR, 33% attack bonus, ignores physical resistances, all stats-30 for 60s.)

and/or

Raksha: Judgment (AoE light damage, Silence, Amnesia, and Bind. 4fTP, 2.3dMND, 50%MND, duration 45s on Silence and Bind, 10s on Amnesia.)

Harpeia
    Kaleidoscopic Fury (AoE fire damage, all stats down, and Dia. 2fTP, 1.5dINT, 20%STR 20%INT, all stats-15, Dia 2/tic w/ defense - 10%. Duration 120s)

Mantids
    Preying Posture (Attack +15%, Accuracy +15, Magic Attack +15, Magic Accuracy +15 for 120s.)

or

Macerating Bile (AoE Bio and all stats down. Bio = Level/5 + 5 w/ Attack-10%, all stats -15. Duration 120s)

*NOTE*: He made this list before UW was announced. Perhaps Prothescar would make adjustments to some spells given it's existence now. However, Astral Conduit exists too now so maybe not, I don't know. Regardless, the main design point here is:

Versatility, depth and strategic spell use. At first glance, some might say, "Well, I'll just use Mighty Guard every time." but then, after reading the others, "Whoa, decent Stoneskin and Blaze Spikes; breath spell with HP*2 and minimal resists; dispel, damage and emnity reduction; attribute reductions and an absorb...maybe I won't just use the same one every time..."

"I want to use my Diffusion on Erratic Flutter but using it on Preying Posture or saving it for Stygian Orb might be good too..." etc.

UL is actually a pretty cool idea. It fits BLU well. It just needs a large boost.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 09-02-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Unbridled Wisdom and Unbridled Learning are not the same thing, these spells are 1hr ability exclusive, that's the point I'm trying to make. We've never had UW exclusive spells before, ever.
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    hmmm wonder if thats a typo, but yea in the post it does say wisdom instead of learning >.> ...... kinda cheapens uproots usefulness if true
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmmm looks like restoral is 127 mana and roughly twice the cure base potency of magic fruit >.>
    (0)

Player
    Meh... self target onry tho
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast