Player

Best subjob for whm?

RDM used to be the best subjob for whm back when I played last due to refresh and convert, however I see a lot sub sch now.

Is sch significantly better than rdm sub?
    (0)

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With Light Arts active, you save some a fair amount of MP compared to subbing RDM. Accession allows most Healing Magic spells to become AOE, which is great for removing Paralyze, Slow, etc. You can even switch to Dark Arts to get B Skill in Elemental Magic to do things like Impact, if you have to.

As well, I prefer the combination of Sublimation and Light Art's MP cost reduction over /RDM's Refresh and Convert. I just find recasting Refresh all the time way too involving and, in a pinch, it's nice to be able to get ~340MP all at once rather than over time.

I'd say it's the better sub for sure but most anything can be done /RDM as well.
    (0)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Player
    Red mage is the best subjob if you have rangers in your party and go as WHM over RDM. Frazzle is nice.

There's also benefits if you need a quick dispel, as changing out arts and wasting a stratagem is often less than ideal.

Otherwise, yeah, scholar will be better.
    (0)

Sch is best if there are a lot of AOE status ailments that you're going to deal with since you can erasega etc using Accession.

For single target healing /RDM has more staying power - convert/refresh really beats sublimation/light arts in terms of really giving back the MP - though the the downfall of convert is DANGER DANGER. But I've found for stuff like WKR I can keep a PLD going forever as WHM/RDM with the occasional ability resets and MP refills along with convert.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    /Sch unless I'm in a Ranger-Based party without a Rdm and with a Brd who won't/can't(due to fight) sub Rdm, in which case I /Rdm.

And /Nin in that one fight with the exoplates.
    (0)

Player
    Thanks all.
    (0)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    /nin enough said.
    (0)