Character
    Kathee
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Double Synthesis Skill Campaign

Campaign Period
    Friday, September 5, 2014 at 11:00 p.m. (PDT) to Saturday, September 6 at the same hour.

As the name implies, the rate of synthesis skill increase will be doubled for the duration of the campaign! Hone your crafting skills with synthesis kits and take advantage of the synthesis history feature!

Is this a typo or is it really just a 24 hour campaign?
    (0)
    All is good and nothingness is dead

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd imagine it's actually a 24 hour campaign. Last time they did a skill up campaign like this, it was over the course of a week (I think?) but it was only active for 2 hours every 6 or so hours of the day.

/queue the QQ about terrible event times etc
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can totally understands why/how ppl would get upset about either 2hr everyday for 1 week or 1x 24 hour block campaign event. And I also can understand SE's reasoning on worrying that RMT or other people just abusing a longer double skillup campaign timeslot. I have an idea that should fix this.

At the start of the 'campaign' period, issue an RA/EX item that cannot be sold (AH or Bazaar) and cannot be sent to other character on the same account. Each qualified character (i.e. >30 days active char) can then trade this item to an NPC and that would start their 2hr (or whatever duration SE wants) double skillup window. To limit each char's ability to hog up past campaign item, SE can just expires the item after 'X' time period (i.e. 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, whatever they want).

Nothing really new here, this is just a combination of the lottery and the seasonal event that place users into specific 'state' (i.e. level 1 that cannot attack or be attacked by npc. so they can make this state a state where the user can receive double skillup rate instead).

This will eliminate all the headache and heartache most of the users would have to deal with if the campaign window happens on either a specific time that they have to work or on a vacation/travel date that they're on.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    24 hours seems like plenty of time. Any time I've done any skilling up, the synthesis part took an hour or two. You can acquire materials ahead of time.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    24 hours seems like plenty of time. Any time I've done any skilling up, the synthesis part took an hour or two. You can acquire materials ahead of time.
    not if one is traveling or have an family get together, away, etc, etc. just saying to avoid ppl complaint, plus, this would give ppl more flexibility in regard to gathering materials ahead of time.

Fri->Sat is typically the busiest traveling day(at least for business) at least in the US.
    (0)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    not if one is traveling or have an family get together, away, etc, etc. just saying to avoid ppl complaint, plus, this would give ppl more flexibility in regard to gathering materials ahead of time.

Fri->Sat is typically the busiest traveling day(at least for business) at least in the US.
    SE can't account for every possibility where you would miss an event nor is it their responsibility either.
    (3)

Player
    This kind of thing is why I've always hated limited time events, unless it's vanity events it's always something someone will miss out on due to poor timing. While it's not the company's responsibility to account for every possibility it still sucks as a customer when you hear that there's an event happening you're going to miss because something more important than a game is happening that you can't just drop.

You know what I would rather though? Rings.

Double Synth XP ring, in everyone's Dbox, no one misses out due to time and SE can control the duration of the effects much better if they want to, or just make it last 24 hours, whatever. It'd be a lot more fair to each person and wouldn't penalize those who aren't able to be around on those dates/at those times. In the event of Double XP it makes more sense, you want people to gather in parties so you force it to be at the same time for every person and thus it's shared so everyone has more reason to team up, I like that, but with this it's really competition more than cooperation so I'd rather the ring idea here, it's not something they've not done before or anything so I see no reason why not to... Either way, my take on it.
    (2)

Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    SE can't account for every possibility where you would miss an event nor is it their responsibility either.
    Well then, if that's the case then you wouldn't mind if the capacity points campaign or double skirmish drop campaigns were just one day instead of the week or so they give us, because then it would be more fair. Yes, it's not a big deal if you don't need it or won't benefit from it, but for those of us that do it gives us less time to benefit from it. I could care less for capacity points; I'd rather they limit that than something that's of more importance to some people.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lyandra; 08-31-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    Well then, if that's the case then you wouldn't mind if the capacity points campaign or double skirmish drop campaigns were just one day instead of the week or so they give us, because then it would be more fair. Yes, it's not a big deal if you don't need it or won't benefit from it, but for those of us that do it gives us less time to benefit from it. I could care less for capacity points; I'd rather they limit that than something that's of more importance to some people.
    No, and thats an irrational argument.

He's completely right. Its not SEs job or responsibility to find all of their players and make sure their schedules coincide with their events. They've done this skill up campaign twice now, once split over a week at certain times which didn't go well for a lot of folks, not its all done in a single 24 hour day.

They're giving us the entire day to do it, which is an improvement no mater how you look at it over the last one. Anyone can see why they do not want this campaign to last for a week or so, since half of their responses to stacking items to 99 and other such inquiries revolve around the economy. Can you imagine the economy if suddenly every was spamming up as many crafts as possible over the course of a double skill up week? It would implode on itself.

So, Yes, its not SE's job to make sure all of its thousands of players are able to be online for a scheduled event, they take balance/crap into consideration and they make the best choice possible, hell I imagine since this is on a friday they tried to make it the most common/populated day so they could get everyone they could.

Seriously. you people just choose not to see the thought going into these events, and instead shake your "SE is satan" pitchforks like they're concocting new ways to screw you over.

Chill out.

Edit: Although I do like the guys idea of just sending us all "Double Skill Up" rings, perhaps 24 charges, 1 hour each.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm so tired of this. SE can't win. They give you a gift, you say "Why isn't there more of it?" I would think that scheduling something on a weekend, when the majority of players have more spare, would be a good idea.
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast