Results -9 to 0 of 35

Dev. Posts

Threaded View

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback on dancer.

The September version update is right around the corner and we’d like to hear your feedback after you've actually had a chance to try out the adjustments that are to take place.

In the mean time, however, I’d like to give a tiny bit of supplemental information about the dancer adjustments.

First, Contradance is an ability that is on par with white mage's Divine Seal, so you can expect it to give healing potency a nice boost. Additionally, we've made adjustments so that dancer as a main job can play a bigger role in longer party battles by boosting the effects of steps. As an example, if you stack steps up to level 10 with Feather Step, the entire party’s critical hit rate will increase by 10% and if you stack steps up to level 10 with Stutter Step, the monster’s magic evasion will be reduced by 30.

Also, as a side note, we've been receiving requests for waltzes that are similar to white mage's Esuna or blue mage's Winds of Promyvion, but we do not have any plans to add something like this at the moment.
    The only good part to this update is that you get level 10 steps and more TP. I personally have not use Feather step but i do use box step more. The delay to using every step is about 15 second wait time so that about 2 minute and 30 second to reach level 10 but your not gonna have that much time when your dealing with Eudaemon Skirmish. There is a time Limit and the fastest DD like SAM, MNK, WAR, DRK is best for it. Also i like to point out that critical hit rate 10% at level 10 is kind of weak when Empyrean weapon 119 afterglow Aura offer 10% critical hit rate if I am not mistaken? As a DNC I was hoping for new steps like magic defense down, attack down, magic attack down but i guess not. If Feather step was to include all the effect of Quickstep and Boxstep than just maybe it might be popular. I have doubt that many people would want to invite a DNC but it's a lot of fun to solo stuff but as for getting invited to do Delve good luck with that.

The delay to using steps should be remove completely or lower it down to 5 second. I would like to post a link to a japanese video so Akihiko Matsui and Grekumah to watch. The speed of seeing a SAM and DRK clearing a Delve make DNC a complete Joke with all the delay they have to deal with steps.

Taru user name is Casas Casa and here is his youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZAx9hC0O7g
    FF11 - 1-5B Yorcia Weald Delve clear in less than 15 minute.
    There are more of his video you can check out. The skill of a japanese player in FFXI are fun to watch =).

So if you gonna make DNC update at least make it awesome and good just like a RDM + GEO update because that was awesome.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 09-01-2014 at 07:30 AM.