Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thanks for the info, very interesting! But I'll let him do it, damned if I'm tossing then remeriting my BA merits just to confirm what he already tested. Pretty disappointing they would release anything with a natural cap below 109, or really 119 TBH though, I mean what's the point in releasing pets that can't reach the current cap as an endgame option? means they were already obsolete BEFORE they were released. I mean I'm a casual player and I have a 119 main-hand axe, which means most that play have one, and even if you don't there is 0 excuse to not have a117 with the eminent axe out there. I think I'm gonna start drinking now...
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I just use a mule that has no merits it makes it rather easy... also there is no actual need to remerit them if you are just finding natural caps that part is just to find all the stats for every level he can

Side note I've tested the moves and the slug moves and the evasion down ones are just as potent as before though it seems all the slows and paralyzes are much weaker (including slugs enslow) not sure how well they will land but had no resists in pvp vs my average ilvl 115 whm for what it is worth
    (1)

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Having a BST mule, s'pose you've got an advantage in that regard!

And you're right, the extra parts of the process are just for completeness, or like a "double-check" I suppose. XD

So when you figured out AttentiveIbuki's cap, you summoned it on your mule and then compared it to your main character's Ibuki with a level 109 axe? That definitely makes it nice and easy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Falkirk; 09-19-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Depends on the level of that particular but yeah for ibuki that was kinda necessary since the next axe is 4 levels higher. For the ranges where there is an axe of each level it's real easy just go till you see no change. Even a level apart is fairly easy since the difference between 1 level of stats and 2 is fairly obvious. But too many makes it hard since you wouldn't 100% know the stat/lvl for those ranges ahead of time.

You could also do really janky stuff like call beast without using relic gloves until you get one that is below your lvl/ilvl and determine by how much and fill in levels that way since even switching weapons it will remain that amount lower than it would have been with relic gloves. Ie a 119 called without gloves while wearing 119 guttler coming out as a 117 would go to being a 97 with no weapon and then 115 if you put eminent axe on
    (0)

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I actually haven't been able to reproduce what you're describing. Even without Ankusa Gloves, every iLvl pet that I summon has no level variation.

It works with level 99 Axes, or no Axe at all, but a level 97 or 98 pet cannot be an iLvl pet (since all iLvl pets are technically level 99 with stats thrown on top).

Are you sure that it's still possible to do this?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If I'm reading you right you are saying that for pets with a natural cap above 99 relic gloves "enhance call beast" or "call beast +2) do nothing? Hmmm maybe they patched it? I know awhile back when I was doing some testing on ibuki and forgot to put the gloves on it did have lower stats and that was with no augment on it just nq gloves
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 09-20-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah, try it out. :O

Been summoning frogs and lizards over and over with 5/5 Beast Affinity, iLvl 109 Axe and no Gloves and not seeing any stat variance. Guess they did patch it!
    (0)
    Last edited by Falkirk; 09-21-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hmmm your right. Maybe it only worked because I was doing it on no merit no gloves guy.... or maybe it's a new glitch/ninja patch

Well since that appears to be the case it would make getting more of the levels the that we don't have ilvl axes for easier since you don't have to worry about ranging and wont have to make a gloves that aren't augmented.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2