Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    lol... please treat me nicely...

the real reward has a : in it too :O
    They added the "Reward:" in response to it, there was only "Reward" as referring to the job ability earlier than that.

Also, I just found Mano-Amano. Is it me, or is it weird that Spanish is a language found in Vana'diel?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    They added the "Reward:" in response to it, there was only "Reward" as referring to the job ability earlier than that.

Also, I just found Mano-Amano. Is it me, or is it weird that Spanish is a language found in Vana'diel?
    I know, was implying today

I remember back when Reward was all there was, there was basically a PSA on BG about it being something like Ul said lol
    (0)

Character
    Malebolge
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think this falls into the purview of localization, since maybe something was lost in translation trying to get this to fit into a tiny spreadsheet box: In the patch preview for the September version, when you say WoE 2 is "a high-tier version to occur at a set percentage" are you saying there's a chance on entry for it to be either WoE 1 or WoE 2, or does WoE 2 open up when WoE 1's completion rate or whatever reaches a certain percentage?
    (0)

How do you decide which "r" to roll when writing Mithran dialog? Does it depend on the character?
    Are the Mithran accent and Tarutaru speech pattern represented in a similar way in Japanese?

I'm not sure if this next question is outside of the topic, but -
    Are any characters based on famous personalities? Or, has the dev team ever thought of any actors/voice actors that would represent some of the more colorful characters of Vana'diel? (I vote Tom Hiddleston for Lehko...)
    (0)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 09-03-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: grammar

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Is it hard coming up with word play? For example, I was extremely impressed by the Map Marker npcs, the ones that only speak in words using 'M'. How long does it take to write dialogue for NPCs like that?

"Good day! I'm a Merry Map Marker, and I'd be emphatically ecstatic if you'd allow me to mark your magical map! A markless map of Al Zhabi is like a motherless maiden, meandering through a miasmatic mire of misery. Marvelous! Now allow me a minute to make all my marks!". "Our local minstrel of melodies can be found here. His mirthful musicalities may help you to recall misplaced memories.Ah, and in the case you might wish to mask a meritorious moniker and replace it with one a mite more merited, a traveling bard strums upon his melilflous harp here. And mayhap you are immeasurably motivated to compete in the medieval mayhem of Conflict? Might I suggest you mingle with the modest Pursiviant located here? Methinks I have marked your magical map with as many marks as I might manage.Monitoring and managing your marks as a simple as merely opening your map and selecting Markers from the main menu. If the marks on your map might vanish mope not like a melancholy milksop. Make another meeting with me and I shall make it my mission to mark the map once more. Good day mi'lord. May your marches across meadow and mountain be markedly memorable!.
    Whoever wrote this deserves a huge promotion.
    (0)

Player
    Delve localization question:

When fighting the transcendent scorpion, the battle message reads "the spring has returned to your step" when a debuff wears off the scorpion. This does not make sense in context. Is this message a mistranslation that was supposed to refer to the scorpion rather than the player?
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsx View Post
    Also, when you use a delve shard to get plasm, the message has said menace plasm instead of mywea since the event was introduced.
    Hmmm, wasn't that fixed? Reported here, and I recently used a russet yggrete shard IV which did indeed speak of mweya, not menace (sadly). Are these something different?

Anyblue, I remembered something at last, and I shall quote a thread of mine so as to not just type it all over again:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Is anyone able to tell me since when did Sakura speak languages other than Japanese?

I always figured her speech was intentionally not translated during the chocobo races. For those who never went to one, all she says is: “ピヨ!”(piyo!) and: “ピヨピヨ!”(piyopiyo!), which Markovich interprets.

I understand that having her speech not 'translated' might confuse players, but I, for one, dislike inconsistency. A lot. It's only made worse by the fact that the Sakura Biscuit is consistent regarding this matter, like so:
    That is, of course, assuming that not translating her in any way was intentional in the first place. ^^

Perhaps whomever was in charge was unaware of how Sakura has been handled in the past, or it was a conscious decision so as to not “confuse” players. Or I'm confuddled myself. Either way, it seems to me that it's not the alter ego of Sakura at all, but a nisemono!

'Tis simply wrong. A kind of a translation error from what I see, which I actually was/am debating with myself on reporting it as.

Blubb!

(Note that I'm not as angry as I may have made it (intentionally) seem like, but inconsistencies truly are more and/or less silly, annoying, and even maddening to some!)
    Sheesh. That truly seems a bit more angry than I cared to remember. I'm not a fan of trust/faith in general, so it really doesn't matter that much to me. Definitely not angry, but curious. Yes.

I'm still guessing it was very much intentional since I can see people thinking it would be weird to have the same thing going on in the party channel.

Danks!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Unelonborro, you still with us? D: Lots of questions left unanswered, had assumed perhaps you were just busy with the conclusion of the SoA missions, but many questions and issues reported in this sub forum have been left unanswered.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Dev Team
    Hello, everyone!

The past version updates have had me running around like a madman, but now that the December update is upon us I can get back to this thread for a little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Thanks so much! This is a great thread.

Why did the team choose rune fencer instead of rune knight? Is it similar to the reasons for PLD above?

How come Red Mage is referred to as a fencer via equipment (Fencer's earring & Fencer's ring both RDM only) yet doesn't have the ability fencer?

How do you come up with the names of BST familiars?
    Rune Fencer vs. Rune Knight was something that was debated quite a lot internally, and there were many arguments to be made for both sides. How often does a knight run around with a great sword? How about a fencer? The answer is...not much, for either of them. In the end, we settled on Rune Fencer because the term had been used before in other Final Fantasy games, so we went with something that had a bit more visibility.

For Red Mage being a fencer via equipment but not having the ability Fencer--that's something that was before my time, so I cannot provide a definitive answer. However, I agree with you that the disconnect is a bit disconcerting!

The names of BST familiars tend to take the form of adjective + name, and when it comes down to it we try to think of combinations that either sound well together or have some special meaning. There are a couple names I've been trying to work in, but I can't seem to find the best timing for it...
    (5)

Dev Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyerieri View Post
    When the text description for items was moved to 2 boxes (now sometimes 3) It was said that the main text description for items can hold 7 lines I believe. Why do some items not follow that rule? I've seen some items where the main text for the item only has 6 lines before moving to the second page.
    I'd have to ask around to be sure, but I think part of it depends on whether or not the list of classes that can equip it spills over into two lines!
    (3)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast