Please fix Cold Wave

The post I made earlier was locked by SE for some reason, and I was unable to comment or leave any feedback. SE has replied to my posts before and has not taken this route to "address concerns" so it leaves me to believe something fishy is going on...

my earlier post;

Please fix Cold Wave
    Cold Wave
    Deals ice damage that lowers Agility and
    gradually reduces HP of enemies within range

1. Cold Wave does not deal ice damage.
    2. this spell does not work with foul waters, if ones on, the other comes off.
    3. Blue mage only has 5 ice magic spells of which only two deal damage to an enemy (Ice Break and Frost Breath). Please fix either the description of Cold Wave, or add ice damage to the spell.

With the newest September version update adding 3 new spells only under effect of unbridled WISDOM (one of them HQ version of ice break) and 3 new light magic spells (which were definitely needed and necessary) with decently long recast timers and no extra effects, please consider adding more ice magic for future updates so Blue mage has more variety when it comes to dealing magical elemental damage.

Thank you.
    (0)

also to go along with the earlier post;

I do not feel its necessary to disclose that amount of personal information in order to remind you guys that cold wave has NEVER done ice damage, and that its frost effect does not stack with drown effect. Simply checking data notes on the Casting spell "Cold Wave" should suffice. It is extremely hard to believe that I am the first person to bring this to your attention considering ffxiclopedia's notes on the spell says "despite the description this spell does not deal ice damage" from what I remember reading 2-3 years ago... bluedonkeykong would be saddened ;(
    (2)

maybe this issue will be addressed in the forthcoming version update?
    (0)

They already said they aren't going to go back and adjust old spells. Which sucks because I would rather use them then just have them sit there I wanna use Bad Breath!
    (2)

Even if they don't want to fix the spell to create ice damage to target, they could at least take it out of the spells description, or make it so the frost and drown stack like the elemental magic versions.
    (0)

And I still use bad breath for fast cast max occasionally or to quickly place all enfeebs on urganite while scholar / rdm begins with impact---> then begins enfeebling, bad breaths Dmg is poor because it's current hp divided by 8 or 10 from what I remember so the damage portion of it sucks, but the enfeebs aren't too bad, some immediately wear which can be a good thing sometimes, however I think they should allow us to learn the high quality version "extremely bad breath" hehe

Yesterday I revised my hp macros since now we have these amazing equip sets! And I am at 3156 hp with loins (was at 5700 hp in abyssea 3 years ago) so I put white wind and some breath spells into my slots and have been toying around with them in the new skirmish, not too shabby as long as I keep verve up lol
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    The post I made earlier was locked by SE for some reason, and I was unable to comment or leave any feedback. SE has replied to my posts before and has not taken this route to "address concerns" so it leaves me to believe something fishy is going on...

my earlier post;

Please fix Cold Wave
    Cold Wave
    Deals ice damage that lowers Agility and
    gradually reduces HP of enemies within range

1. Cold Wave does not deal ice damage.
    2. this spell does not work with foul waters, if ones on, the other comes off.
    3. Blue mage only has 5 ice magic spells of which only two deal damage to an enemy (Ice Break and Frost Breath). Please fix either the description of Cold Wave, or add ice damage to the spell.
    This is taken from "Frost", a spell from the beginning of XI.

"Deals Ice damage that lowers an enemy's agility and gradually reduces its HP."

For Cold Wave, a spell that inflicts frost, they literally copy and pasted the Frost description and added "To enemies in range", the description is fine, It deals cold damage over time, same as frost. I guess they could edit both to say 'Deals Ice Damage over time",

Anyway, as far as it not working with Foul Waters? IDK about that. I know that you can only have 3 up at a time since some overwrite eachother for obvious reasons. The Frost is overwritten by Burn, burn by drown, drown by shock, so on... The stronger element overwrites the weaker one on the wheel, so at any given time you can have a max of 3 up, like

Frost, Drown, Rasp
    Burn, Shock, Choke

So Frost and Drown should stack based on rules of the BLM spells... that really is unusual.
    (0)

yeah I know, I recently put on foul waters to lower str of the new skirmish enemies, also the DOT helps on the behemoth when it level ups, I tried to stick sound blast, cold wave, and foul waters on the Nm to help, but every time I apply foul waters , cold waves frost effect comes off, and vice versa, I made this into a faq 2 days ago, in hopes that they would correct this as well as take a look at the spell description...... they asked me to submit a bug faq, and then SE locked the forum....... it didn't make too much sense to me because I know this isn't the first time its been brought to their attention, and they were requesting too much... it puzzled me, just like how the frost and drown effect not stacking is puzzling ; ;
    (0)