Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Rail Cannon (Lv.99, Recast time: 180 sec.) Deals light damage to an enemy.

I hope that the recast time is a typo - 3 minute recast for a new blue magic attack spell is entirely too long for the pace of the game today.
    (2)

I mean, I could see a 180 second recast working if

A) It Did a lot of damage. A lot.
    B) be linked to a real good job trait and have a low point cost to set.

Who knows, wouldn't mind it being lowered though if it was awful.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    I hope that the recast time is a typo - 3 minute recast for a new blue magic attack spell is entirely too long for the pace of the game today.
    Yes but no, I agree it is rather long, and yes you wont be using it every time your fight a trash mob, but maybe it will be a good closer for skillchain, or to MB on the skillchain every now and then.
    (0)

Player
    As a Magical spell with a 3 minute recast, this thing better have some insane base damage or something.
    (2)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well its only conjecture but i would figure the spell is probly a heavy nuke will cast super fast and is off set by having a big delay which would still be useful, that or its going to have a dangerous gimmick. I more interested in restoral myself atm, its a SELF cure aka supper pollen, but i have an almost 800 magic fruit i can use on others, what will that spell do to tempt me away from that >.>;
    (0)

180 is the base , so after things like haste and fastcast then were lookin at about a 1-2m spell which is still pretty long recast timer. I'm happy they are adding two light magic spells which will be good for these new skirmish enemies which don't have much resistance already to retinal glare. I'm very much anticipating which job traits they will attach to these new spells however I really would like to see these new spells not have the high spell point cost such as the newly added spells. If the recast timer on this spell is so high, SE please consider the equip cost to be lower so the spell is more practical (unless you decide to give us Quad attack or quick magic with this spell, then by all means the recast timer on this can be 5 mins for all I care ) but were looking at a light version of everyones grudge in terms of recast timer, so please be considerate with the spell point cost SE! (all the magical blue magic spells are dealing high damage with gabaxorea x2 path A, and proper MAB armors, so not too worried about what the damage will look like)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    well its only conjecture but i would figure the spell is probly a heavy nuke will cast super fast and is off set by having a big delay which would still be useful, that or its going to have a dangerous gimmick. I more interested in restoral myself atm, its a SELF cure aka supper pollen, but i have an almost 800 magic fruit i can use on others, what will that spell do to tempt me away from that >.>;
    tell me about it! I'm doing 1.5 white winds with my HP/cure potency armor /equipset 1 ... I'm more interested though in what the job traits are for the new spells at this point... though hearing about the new cure spell enticed me to make a new revised HP/cure potency macro just in case I hope the new cure spell has a low equip cost and gives a decent amount of HP.. I would have been more happy though if they added a new type of enhancing magic spell for blu, or given this new cure spell some cool additional effect such as drain spikes or absorb TP or something cray-cray ;(
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well only real change i would see for restoral would be changing my gloves and one of my rings out (cure recived gear instead of curepot gloves and mnd ring)
    (0)

I only have one question:

Will the Rail Cannon consume Arcade tokens as ammo?
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

What drops these new spells anyway? Are they on mobs we haven't seen yet?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast