Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    lol, I know it isn't your fault but that is funny.
    This. I'm almost certain I remember a dev post shortly after the original magic revamp that made low tiers much better to spam that said they'd be looking into making high tier spells more attractive.

For what it's worth, I'm happy with the nuking hierarchy atm, but I would really like to see MP costs re-evaluated as a whole. Tier I-III is pretty much fine, but IV and V get a bit too high in their cost. The cost difference between Stone >> Thunder should be lowered greatly as well, just as the damage gaps were. Stone I: 4 MP, Thunder I: 34 MP, base damage difference of 25. Stone III: 64 MP, Thunder III: 129 MP, idk the damage difference, but it's no where near double, as the MP cost is. It's just not enough to justify unless you absolutely need to be nuking an element besides Stone.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    I checked on this, but currently there are no plans.
    What happened to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

We’d like to make adjustments to the stats of elemental magic, and in particular, the higher tier spells. While this is still in the planning phase and I can’t make any promises at the moment, we are looking into making adjustments to the ratio of damage to MP of tier-V elemental magic spells so that they can be used better in battle.
    At the very least you can make the tier V spells more MP efficient. Putting aside the fact that I personally don't believe weapon skill damage and elemental damage are properly balanced, there are adjustments that can be made within the magical tiers.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sasaraixx; 08-27-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Seriously a 4-5 step weaponskill from a Samurai deals 99k (capped) light damage. The argument that BLM should deal less damage since it doesn't have to be in range is crap, because all damage dealers other than RNG hit the hate cap and have to survive. The fact that they stated they were going to fix something, and suddenly they have no plans means I will likely take a break until it is implemented.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tptn937 View Post
    The fact that they stated they were going to fix something, and suddenly they have no plans means I will likely take a break until it is implemented.
    do not EVER take such a promise as true. I direct your attention to the beast gear to accommodate reduction of a beast's level 99 thf pet's Treasure Hunter from TH3 (the TH of a naked 99 thf, like our pets) to TH1, the TH of a naked level 15 thf. we were promised the gear-despite SE's protestations to the contrary some forum posters saved the quote so we can prove it-and they announced later they said no such thing, all was well and just deal with things as they are. I mean it doesn't matter now since we no longer have thf pets that can be used in end-game so even if they had kept their promise it would be useless now, but that's not the point. The point is even a promise cannot be trusted. So your break until it is implemented (assuming you were serious and this isn't a phoney rage-quit like most) may very well be a permanent break.
    (0)

Player
    I pray man…I pray, as of recently unless magic burst nuking numbers are kinda low compared to a dd worst part is we got the stupid magic wall while dd can spam ws without any issues/penalties the least they could’ve done was have wall only for 3 or more of the same jobs but allow a mix to not get walled in

Blm Blm = no wall

Blm Blm Blm = wall

Blm sch geo = no wall etc

That could’ve open so many possibilities and new jobs allow to nuke.

Kinda weird how mages always get screwed over the amount of gear we need per spell just to make spells decent is insane a set for this that this and that before you know you’ve used 2-3 wardrobes just to maximize each spell. Facepalm the biggest slap was the weapons that came with Reisenjima like base mab don’t ever wanna go up I remember at some point we got like 3-4 staffs all with same +28 Mab pre augments, dd weapons got all the way to 360 in some cases from example 189-200 ish base dmg then Aeonics came just to have dd stats for mages……… I was like for Christ sake lmao.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2