Player

Pup Gear Accessibility (Pup's are MAGES? Did we miss the memo?)

Hiya Guys and Gals,

So I just recently gotten my Kenkoken i119 YAY! Any ways, I was going through gear pieces to maximize my TP and WS sets and though I've seen Gear pieces that had me go WTH I just never really bothered with asking questions until now.

Is Pup really a Mage? Seriously... Yes I know its a stupid question but look at ALL the mage gear that Pup can wear and for what reason? At first I thought to myself, "okay I can use these mage gear to minimize the strain of over loading due to the nature that is your pet had higher INT,MND,etc than you had a higher rater of overload if you spammed it too much. But with Kenkoken and higher pieces for not overloading whats the point?

Pups cant wear the following examples backs:

Letalis Mantle: Accuracy+15 Attack+5 "Double Attack"+3% (But a brd can wear it)
    Atheling Mantle: Attack+20 "Double Attack"+3% (But a brd can wear it)
    Vespid Mantle: Attack+35 Weapon Skill Accuracy+10 (You Guessed it BRD!)

But Pups can wear the following examples backs:

Taubran Cape: INT+7 Magic Accuracy+3 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+3
    Seshaw Cape +1: Magic Atk. Bonus"+12 Magic burst damage +6 "Conserve MP"+4
    Savior Mantle: Latent effect: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+18
    Medala Cape: "Cure" potency +2% "Cure" spellcasting time -5% Enmity-2 (back up healer... no. Though I had backed up heal when we ran into a crappy whm whom died. but not as Pup/mage)

Pups cant wear the following examples Waists:

Metalsinger Belt: STR+13 Accuracy+5 "Double Attack"+1% (Brd wins again!)
    Caudata Belt: STR+6 VIT+6 INT+6 Attack+15 Weapon Skill Accuracy+10 (no brd but rdm gonna melee!)

But Pups can wear the following examples backs:

Ovate Rope: MND+4 Magic Accuracy+8 "Magic Atk. Bonus"-10
    Maniacus Sash: Magic Accuracy-10 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+7 Magic critical hit rate +10%
    Fucho-No-Obi: MP+30 "Drain" and "Aspir" potency +8 Latent effect: "Refresh"+1 (huh?!)

Pups cant wear the following examples Bodies:

Here I dont have much issues with it at least but still funny to see the following of
    can.

Pups can wear the following examples Bodies:

Heka's Kalasiris: MND+17 "Cure" potency +15% "Cure" spellcasting time -15% Adds "Refresh" effect Sphere: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect Set: Adds "Refresh" effect

Anhur Robe: INT+14 CHR+14 Enhancing magic skill +12 Elemental magic skill +12 Summoning magic skill +12 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect Sphere: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+5 Set: Magic Accuracy+5

I pretty much can go on but other pieces arent too important. All in all we are Mnks with less h2h skills and a pet. We should have access to better pieces. Unless the mob can charm I am always up in the frontlines.

Now if youll excuse me, I am gonna go out and nuke on my pup, but it will be me nuking and not my automaton.
    (3)
    Last edited by fjamesfernandez; 08-25-2014 at 10:19 PM.