Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    You got your sheep and your lizard, guys, and I don't think that means "Baleful Gaze" or "Dazing Discord."

I think I'm just going to go watch some paint dry.
    Not that it will land anyway/3 charges^^
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Exactly, WoW.

Just give me another raptor or tiger and let me chew on things better instead of wasting charges trying to land debuffs that probably won't land anyway.

Man, not even one new unique critter. That was always a fun aspect of BST for me, calling something completely new.
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    This is the guy i am referring to; http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ga...etle_%28MON%29

Rhinowrecker, pounce, death scissors, viscous claw, hoof volley, and crippling slam are a few of the most powerful moves/consistent moves I have used thus far; (Granted i have not unlocked every mob). Rhinowrecker is somewhat comparable to crippling slam which is deadly, granted the wivre has zerk. I would not call 500-800dmg at lvl 57 not great. The boar's moves hover around 1k+ (May break 2k) on weaker crap with the ready move boost at lvl119. The beetle is dishing out 500-800 rhinowreckers on T-VTs, I would wager it would be much more powerful in jug form with the added ready move buff. Players at lvl 57-ish are putting out similar ws numbers; that is nothing to sneeze at. 500-800 on VT mobs at 57 is pretty norm for dds; 1k was insane (A big deal).

Also; I already mentioned that the lizards would be useful if macc was enhanced (See post #2). However, i would not count on it; monster debuffs are difficult to land with any consistency on anything VT and above, (difficult content). If it misses, those are charges down the drain, 2 to be exact.
    I know what you were referring too and I've lvld every single mon to 99 and it's not that spectacular for dmg (though part of that is it being a pld/rdm mob) but as you level higher you will see it's dmg not increase as much as I think you think it will. Specifically just went to ull range at 90 and after using it 6 times against eps I did 629-897 which is definitely something to sneeze at if that was a player at even 75

Especially if you are trying to compare inflated stat mons to players. One of the nicer ones in monstrosity (though you should have seen antlions Mandibular Bite before the nerf. I did 700 dmg to a VT at lvl 20. Spriggans move is also pretty tough.) But part of it's strength is cause it has a high tp cost. Generally speaking it was about twice the dmg of rhino attack at almost twice the cost... the real benefit being the def down and conalness (also think it might have been a different dmg type)

I can guarantee macc will be enhanced because as already stated the lizzaad will be 5 levels higher than the current unless you meant current 119 pets which are there any with a straight debuff worth using? Because landing additional effects especially on physical moves isn't quite the same. Will they land on VD content? Probably not without help but your bst probably isn't getting there anyways. And if it does maybe you will have a geo or rdm to help you land it.

What I'm more upset about is that even if these all were high dmg moves with 100% land rates and the debuffs as well at full strength it still wouldn't get us a place in a party most likely (partly because the whole awkwardness that is readying moves seriously 1-3 minute wait on charges AND tp wtf) and it wont really help us DD better. Meanwhile drg, already a good DD, just got a ridiculously huge boost to their DDing for keeping their pets alive and massively helped the issues with their pets readying. If bst got a 10% haste 20% att boost from their pets even if it was something silly like only ones their pets are strong against we might stand a small chance against other DDs
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-26-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Player
    Don't know what to tell you; rhinowrecker is indeed a great ability. Also, I am not convinced that monster abilities do not increase with lvl; from my experience in mon and with jugs in general; they do (Have a few high lvls). Rhinowrecker's damage increase was noticeable to me; again, Idk what to tell you.

Imo, even a lvl 119 pet's debuffs will have trouble landing on anything above its' lvl. As Leo stated, why waste charges on "Hopes" as opposed to damage. When the beetle's evasion down misses, you will have to wait for two more charges . Debuffs are cool, on lower tier content, but the mob usually dies rather quickly and acc is a non-issue.

Edit: Keep in mind bst jugs get a ready move boost, hence it would be more powerful; the boars' damaging attack sucks, with the ready move buff.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you don't believe the small test I did try it again at 90+ and you will be less impressed. Or level more stuff.

As far as 119 like I said are their any we use that aren't additional effects? Cause that is a bit of a different. I haven't done too much testing since they bumped macc either time but I guess I can try again. As far as hopes vs guarantee why that's a lot of the things in the game. Would you rather have a 20% chance of doing something that will increase dmg by10k or 95% chance (probably lower since if you are having macc and need something like that move then it's not unthinkable for you to be uncapped acc without help) to deal 100? (note not saying those are the differences in the moves just an example of how "hopes" can destroy dmg. And brining up charges is irrelevant since you'd use them for a dmg move too. Sure on trash tier stuff who cares? But that's not all the game is so why should all our pets be geared towards that? This update promises a few war types that should do just fine on trash tier no need to say anything else sucks and shouldn't exist.

I do know the ready got a boost but remember it got a boost because all ready moves were super gimped to the point where they were a dps loss (sometimes still are if you are meleeing too). If you want to bring up them not allowing debuffs to land then it's only fair to assume they might port moves in gimped like they always do to the point where the ready boost will only make it decent and/or they will have acc issues too.

Regardless we wont know until it goes live... hell we don't even know what moves they have lately they've been having a habit of leaving common moves off of jugs... so this is all guess work anyways

Frankly what I'd really love to see more of is buffs even if self only. The craziest mons I ever had the opportunity of leveling were Gnat and Wamoura and it was all because of their crazy buffs... that also did dmg or applied a debuff. Imagine your jug attacking as fast as pups autos (actually maybe faster though can't use all that tp)

Edit: Should note I made a mistake and Anna actually caps lower so max should be 110.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-26-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I saw the new jugs, I was like lol Whatever and went on about my business.
    (5)

Player
    If you say so; but no, I don't believe that, lol, because I had a different experience with the beetle and monsters in general. Obviously my beetle is not 99, however, I am not convinced he is a special case among the entire bestiary (Move lags at 99). I also have a few as-well high lvls. Not saying monipulators are throwing out 7k skills, but rhinowrecker, crippling slam, death scissors, and hoof volley are particularly strong moves from my experience. If you feel otherwise, no harm, no foul; what can I say? You are wrong? Nope; that is your experience. i just don't agree with it, due to my experience with monsters
    (0)

Job adjustments thoughts:

Beastmaster-new jugs. You are going to have a lot of angry crafters. As a guy who’s been having to pay the crafters, I’m not bothered a bit. Hopefully, the prices are in line with what you get npcing the existing 99+ jugs for-fair is fair. As to the jugs chosen, sheep is a perennial pet and while nothing special is generally nothing bad, beetle is the same, both in a “soak up damage” capacity, too bad pets can’t hold hate anymore. Funguar has been hit or miss, the purchased one was awesome and I used it all the way to the 75 cap as my go-to jug, great value for the money, but then you released that piece of garbage made with beech logs which was one of the worst values we ever had until the deliberate move to nerf all jugs that coincided with the ilevel system-as not one pet released since the release of SoA is worth the money/bayld. Slug was a good pet, assuming you scaled his abilities right I assume he would continue to be a good pet, but I’m not going to make that assumption. As to fish and lizard, you have never released a good fish or lizard-despite their great potential- so I’m going to assume that trend IS continuing.

Based on the above my assumptions on bst are: a. “until the deliberate move to nerf all jugs that coincided with the ilevel system.”-I stand by this statement, it’s simply not possible that this is a mistake on the part of the devs to have jug performance continue to deteriorate relative to past performance with every new iteration of jugs, so it must be deliberate and the only conclusion I can draw is that it IS deliberate but no one has the stones to say so; b. no thief jugs and as not one has been added since Falcorr but the level caps have been raised by 20 since that point the clear implication is that we will not be getting a TH pet again-annoying to have to sub thf for TH when farming, but not a big deal, just say so and we’ll know to start stockpiling oils and powders again-and getting a shield since we can’t dual wield when /thf; c. I notice he’s not selling pet foods, and I assume that’s deliberate as well, so now we know what the crafters will be shifting to; d. new jugs, more new jugs, so charming in instanced battles again is still not planned for anytime in the forseeable future, i.e. ever.

Enough rant for now-

Dragoon-I can’t see any problems with the adjustments, but I think it might have been nice to consult with the players on where to go with Strafe, even though I think you nailed it.

Blue-don’t know, don’t care, but without an increase in spell slots all the new spells in the world mean squat as the restriction to blu utility has to do with the limited slots-and the god-awful time to switch spells. See Pup for the same rant.

Dancer-not HUGE changes, and if you are playing the job actively actually carrying 10 steps would be unusual, at least for me. I just hope the abilities that “consume all steps” don’t anymore but cap at 5 absorbed, after all, they work just fine with 5 absorbed.

Hopefully these are not the only jobs getting a bit of attention
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    until the deliberate move to nerf all jugs that coincided with the ilevel system-as not one pet released since the release of SoA is worth the money/bayld.
    Yes, I agree. Puppets and wyverns receive +5 to all primary (STR, DEX, etc.) and secondary stats(ACC, ATT, MAB, etc.) with each level. Avatars receive +7 to all stats with each level. Jug pets receive an uneven amount switching between 3 and 4 per level. WHY?! My 115 avatars hit harder, more accurately, faster and take less damage than my 119 jug pets do, and my 119 jug pets do 300 damage ws's every minute while the avatar does 9-12k damage bloodpacts every 40 seconds, and then a BRD song level buff every 40 seconds as well!

If anything Jug pets should have FAAAR higher stats than puppets, avatars, or wyverns because they have absolutely nothing going but DoT, while avatars have bloodpacts on top of DoT, puppets and wyverns can heal, and this new super DRG buff.

If these pets easily land their enfeebles without assistance on Very Difficult content they'll be partially useful. If they need enemy magic eva- to land then it's worthless, since the jobs with enemy magic eva- abilities can just land the enfeebles themselves. (Distract and infrasonics don't stack for instance, so getting help from Frazzle is pointless.) If not, at least we have killer instinct with every family again. So my Relic weapon BST can go back to doing 1/2 the damage of my terribly geared SAM and MNK instead of 1/3 of their damage.

BST, PUP, and DRG should have gotten the buff DRG just did, but nope, BST can't have nice things.
    (3)
    Last edited by Louispv; 08-27-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Louis, the reason is all the DD/Zerg only people were complaining that pet jobs were lol and useless in end-game content, the problem being our combined master and pet damage was higher than theirs, so it wasn't true. they had to continually petition SE to make it true. well now they have made it true. as if there weren't enough inequities heaped on pet jobs to begin with. But keeping our relative strength scaling in to whatever level we are would mean that when making strategies for end-game content they would have to consider that there are other jobs than sam, rng and mnk when designing them and that's beyond the feeble little minds of so many who build these strats.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast