Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    believe it or not, that's backed up with actual testing Olor. for shits and giggles I took my brd/dnc out to outer rakaz and just melee'd 4 fights-I did have 1 song on, our RR song, but that's it. my DPS with a 119 skirmish dagger and atoyac was about the same as these new jugs (maybe .4 better iirc), especially as my accuracy was almost as bad as a jug pet wearing 4/5 espial's set and a 119 reforged AF body.
    That's so sad. Also... so easy to believe. Which is also sad.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    well, considering they are available relatively cheap from an NPC with an inexhaustible supply of them instead of crafted with materials from content hardly anyone does so the supply would be low is a bit of a +; unfortunately since they can't accomplish anything worth mentioning new pets or uncapped old, it's still the same issue that a jug is just a placeholder for a melee bard who refuses to cast songs.
    I could be wrong but I think the old ones might not be that hard to get materials for. Like just buying from npcs I think each gooey recipe costed like 1.5k and you get 4-12 and it's a relatively low level recipe so easy HQing. While gooey 2.0 costs 3k EACH jug
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the old ones might not be that hard to get materials for. Like just buying from npcs I think each gooey recipe costed like 1.5k and you get 4-12 and it's a relatively low level recipe so easy HQing. While gooey 2.0 costs 3k EACH jug
    Gooey was very cheap, so yes, you're right the new ones are more expensive. I used to get gooey for 7K-20K a stack. We aren't really getting much of a deal here. At least don't have to worry if they are up or not. Others were more expensive (the fish...) so they are alright but... yeah.

Feeling let down.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Speaking of gooey has anyone tried landing hp down on nms?
    (0)

Player
    None of their enfeebles land on anything difficult. I don't know why you'd expect it to do otherwise. These WAR pets are 450 accuracy and 800+ attack behind players, of course their magic accuracy will be even further behind what a mage job has.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    None of their enfeebles land on anything difficult. I don't know why you'd expect it to do otherwise. These WAR pets are 450 accuracy and 800+ attack behind players, of course their magic accuracy will be even further behind what a mage job has.
    Well according to the new Updates:
    - Beastmaster
    *Axe skill will be raised from A to A+.
    *Familiars summoned using the Call Beast ability will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.
    They plan to increase pets Physical and Magical Accuracy at level 100+, but I don't still don't believe M.Acc will be anywhere near high enough to make enfeebling reliable on VD content. Since pet enfeebling abilities are on a long recast, and require TP, BST needs a 3~5 min ability that makes ready moves ignore monster resistance (unless target is immune). Either that are abilities that focus on enfeebling effects need a magic accuracy bonus on par with PLD's Flash.
    (3)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I would have loved to see a reduction in the ready recharge timer.
    I do love that they're increasing bst Axe skill to a+ and giving the pet increased physical and magical accuracy, and not requiring job points to do it. Yay SE!
    I will reserve my judgment of the efficacy of these updates until I actually try them myself.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    I would have loved to see a reduction in the ready recharge timer.
    I do love that they're increasing bst Axe skill to a+ and giving the pet increased physical and magical accuracy, and not requiring job points to do it. Yay SE!
    I will reserve my judgment of the efficacy of these updates until I actually try them myself.
    they had to know the job points idea was a loser. I know I've been all over the place commenting how beast is going to have to use job points just to catch up with other jobs with no augments, meaning our job points are worthless, because the other jobs will simply augment and pass us anyway. but considering pet damage, def and attack speed are NOT addressed we still have major gaps, but missing a hit that would do 130 and missing a hit that would do 400 doesn't change the fact that they both did 0, so it's SOMETHING... and a haste buff just means it could miss more often.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5