Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

[dev1229] new pets

So, the only thing that will be done to bst is that it will be getting new run of the mill pets?! What happened to the master becoming a more powerful DD?!
    (7)

Player
    If the beetle has rhinowrecker; you guys should be fine. That move is potent; he will probably be the go to pet.

Lizards and funguar are pretty meh.

Slugs are also pretty meh in this day and age (Debuffs not landing).

Sheeps are great (But they lied about the lucerewe).

Jagils are decent.

My thing is this; if these new pets do not distinguish themselves from their past counterparts; a lvl cap lift is warranted and there will be a $hit storm in September. If the beetle does indeed have rhinowrecker, or the sheep has feeble beat; then it is somewhat understandable (Not entirely though). It appears that the trend of two or three useable pets will continue; unless their debuff accuracy were improved or something.

Imo; there should be craftable sub-species of these new pets if they npc versions are indeed repeats whom are identical to past jugs.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-25-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The beetle will not have rhinowrecker. Are you crazy?! Why would you think they would give us something actually good?

And I swear, the next person I see write "sheeps" (sic) I'm going to scream.

Sorry for blowing up on you. But the devs just pisses me off with their lack of care for bst.

It's not you. It's them. x.x
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    So, the only thing that will be done to bst is that it will be getting new run of the mill pets?! What happened to the master becoming a more powerful DD?!
    yep, pathetic. They could have just uncapped the jugs and we'd have EVERY SINGLE ONE of these pets, and more - AND they wouldn't just get outdated the next time they increase the level cap. Starting to feel like only reason they refusing to unlock level cap is because TH1 from Falcor is "OP"
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    No harm, no foul, but in actuality, a sheep is a decent pet, are they better than the ones I suggested in this thread http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...st-and-amorphs or an opo, collared lynx, or scorp? Nope. i am not pissed per-se, because I seen this coming (And cancelled sub earlier this month).

If the beetle does not have rhinowrecker (Which is a real possibility due to it being a normal beetle), you guys got screwed; big time. If pet debuffs were not enhanced, you guys got shafted. These pets appear to be nothing special. They released no info on them other than pics. I mean, you guys know what a beetle and slug looks like......seriously...........
    (5)

Player
    FYI, Rhinowrecker isn't THAT good, you get it in monstrosity, without super inflated stats OVER your targets, Rhinowrecker, while not bad, wasn't terribly impressive. Unless these new mobs have their stats tweaked in some insane way, none of this remotely fixes poor Bst.

Also: WTF at insistence that they won't uncap old pets, and then they come out with new versions of old pets after saying "What's fun about Bst is that they unlock NEW pets as they level." if they look the exact same they aren't.... nevermind, I give up here.
    (4)

Player
    ^^Hmm, my beetle, whom was not outfitted which buffs, aside from survivability was doing 500-800 on VT mobs at lvl 57-ish. It also causes defense down. In pt situations, debuffs would be placed on monsters anyway (By mages), hence enchanting dd output; not to mention the buff ready moves gained compared to non-jug monsters.

Keep in mind 500-800dmg at lvl57-ish is nothing to sneeze at. Most player ws hover around 500-800 at that lvl (back in the day).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wouldn't start with the assumption that debuffs wont land. After they boosted macc the old 99 jugs could land on some ilvl content so I'd imagine they could probably land on lvl 119 if they were 119 maybe a bit higher especially with all the macc up/meva down stuff we have now

If you can get them to land beetle, slug and lizard all have useful ones potentially. Slug with the oozes, lizard with infrasonics, beetle with Rhinowrecker and Hi-Freq Field. The dmg from Rhino isn't horrible but it's not great I'd imagine it would probably slightly better than the boars move. If they keep the def down the same it might be interesting... it only lasts 30 sec but it's -50%.

Jagil and funguar are ok war jugs but neither have moves that make them exciting so basically okish dps for family types we don't have ones for. Unless of course they make the magical moves do good dmg than it might be something.

Sheep is another war so should be decent dmg beast type... but it also has sleepga AND rage which is nice
    (1)

Player
    This is the guy i am referring to; http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ga...etle_%28MON%29

Rhinowrecker, pounce, death scissors, viscous claw, hoof volley, and crippling slam are a few of the most powerful moves/consistent moves I have used thus far; (Granted i have not unlocked every mob). Rhinowrecker is somewhat comparable to crippling slam which is deadly, granted the wivre has zerk. I would not call 500-800dmg at lvl 57 not great. The boar's moves hover around 1k+ (May break 2k) on weaker crap with the ready move boost at lvl119. The beetle is dishing out 500-800 rhinowreckers on T-VTs, I would wager it would be much more powerful in jug form with the added ready move buff. Players at lvl 57-ish are putting out similar ws numbers; that is nothing to sneeze at. 500-800 on VT mobs at 57 is pretty norm for dds; 1k was insane (A big deal).

Also; I already mentioned that the lizards would be useful if macc was enhanced (See post #2). However, i would not count on it; monster debuffs are difficult to land with any consistency on anything VT and above, (difficult content). If it misses, those are charges down the drain, 2 to be exact.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-26-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    You got your sheep and your lizard, guys, and I don't think that means "Baleful Gaze" or "Dazing Discord."

I think I'm just going to go watch some paint dry.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast