Thread: Melisseus Staff

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Melisseus Staff

This staff has a strange kerning issue in the base damage of the description. The "1" of the DMG:81 does not align properly with the 8.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    if this is not what it looks like

then most likely its how its showing on your system
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    BGwiki recreates the item descriptions from the .dats, so they are not necessarily going to be accurate. I guarantee that it is messed up in game.
    (1)

Dev Team
    Good day, Byrth!

Thank you for your report. I couldn't find anything odd with the help text in the file, but it is definitely off in-game. I re-entered the help text from scratch, and that seems to have resolved this issue. Let me know if it's still looking weird for you when the September version update is released.

Thank you!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    (2)

Character
    Nyerieri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unelonborro View Post
    Good day, Byrth!

Thank you for your report. I couldn't find anything odd with the help text in the file, but it is definitely off in-game. I re-entered the help text from scratch, and that seems to have resolved this issue. Let me know if it's still looking weird for you when the September version update is released.

Thank you!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    The Magic Accuracy in the help text is all lower case instead of having the M and A capitalized

Thank you

Nyerieri
    (0)

Dev Team
    Hello, everyone!

Boy, the capitalization for "XX elemental magic accuracy" was all over the map. Zamzummim Staff and Melisseus Staff has them lowercase, but the Fire Grip/Ice Grip line of items has them uppercase. It makes more sense to me for the attribute to be uppercase, so I've changed it on those two items accordingly.

Thank you for pointing this out!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    One clarity issue with weapons like this is:
    * Fire elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus" +28

This does not actually give 28 "Magic Attack Bonus" to Fire elemental spells. It gives +28% damage to all Fire elemental spells, similar to the "Elemental Affinity Damage+" stat, or the hidden stat on level 51 elemental staves. As an example, lets say that Fire does 100 damage to a level 1 target without Magic Attack Bonus or this weapon on. On Black Mage, you would have 40 Magic Attack Bonus, so you would do (100*1.4=) 140 damage. With this staff on, you would (140*1.28=) 179 damage. If it was actually Magic Attack Bonus, it would do (100*1.68=) 168 damage.

There are some forms of Fire elemental Magic Attack Bonus that do give the Magic Attack Bonus job trait for the specific element, like Black Mage's Tier 1 merits, but all the forms that were localized recently are actually the percentage-based bonus above.

I have italicized the examples that I have tested, but I believe this clarity issue applies to all these examples:
    * Archon Ring
    * Chimera Hairpin
    * Kaikias' Cape
    * These staves
    * Ngqoqwanb
    * Ossa Grip
    * Ihwa Huaraches
    * Quanpur Necklace
    (3)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Could we get some clarity on the issue Byrth brought up? Is it possible for "*insert element* elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus" +" to get renamed to something else. Many of us weren't aware that it differed from Magic Atk. Bonus.
    (1)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg