Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Level capped battle suggestion

I know it's too late to turn back the clock and say "hey all those ''level capped'' instances we once had that now let you in at any level, now we can level sync gear why not bring back those caps again?" But then I thought why not? Why not actually give players the option to choose whether to take on an uncapped fight or take on a capped fight with more bonus. If people still want to solo a battle at 99 then they still have that opportunity, and those who want to do it old-skool style can experience the battle as difficult as it was before the cap was increased to 99, and they can get more rewards for their hardship.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Have you ever checked your stats while you are capped with gear synced? Gear syncing in this game needs MAJOR work, 9/10 pieces that are synced are worse then the worse item you can equip that is level appropriate.
    There is plenty of level capped battle field people can try if they want. BCNMs KSNMs etc ... Plus ENMs.
    Though the option of having a sync'd content similar to assaults is interesting I will give you that.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Have you ever checked your stats while you are capped with gear synced? Gear syncing in this game needs MAJOR work, 9/10 pieces that are synced are worse then the worse item you can equip that is level appropriate.
    Yeah I am aware that the stat difference of say a reforged relic 99 body synced to 40 is way worse than a level 40 body. It's probably better than going in naked at least which is what happened back when the caps were on and people forgot to take their low level gear hehe.
    (0)

Character
    Zantotaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I approve of this suggestion entirely. I missed my opportunity to play this game the old school way, and I keep hearing about the days where some of the content was "Hard as hell" I want to be able to experience that level of challenge, I don't want to feel like I'm cheating by blowing through the content with a high level character.

Giving us just the option of restricting our level on these fights would be all we need, I don't even care if they force us to unequip our gear, level syncing our AF armor down to less than average quality gear would be fine, I'd rather assume those low level items should be used in the low level fights to begin with.
    (1)

Character
    Zantotaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    There is plenty of level capped battle field people can try if they want. BCNMs KSNMs etc ... Plus ENMs.
    Though the option of having a sync'd content similar to assaults is interesting I will give you that.
    Honestly I liked it that way, alot of low level gear is useless because you just don't need it. Those low level capped fights were exciting the first time we did them. Players equipped with appropriate level gear SHOULD get the benefit for these kinds of fights, it makes them feel special instead of the gear just getting quickly replaced.

I enjoy this game for more content than just the max level, and I want to be able to enjoy the game the way it was back in the past that I missed out on.

I heard there were some hard fights back then, but they are all easy now because of the removed cap.

An option to level cap for these fights would be awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm a little confused by the request. Don't the high level mission battles serve this purpose already?
    (0)