Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Einherjar II

Dear Dev Team;
    You have given us Neo Nyzul Isle, Salvage II, and even an Odin II, yet we are still limited to Einherjar to collect ichor which is still a minimum 6 person event (doesn't need to be). I was hoping that we could get a level 99 version or maybe 109 version of the event that would yield 1.5~2x the ichor at least. Also please make the level 75 version enterable by 1 person :-3

Also there was a great idea for "Double Points" campaign here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...138#post521138
    Maybe when you tell us about when we will be able to reforge our Nyzul/Salvage gear too :3 like maybe this year? Maybe Early next year?? :-3
    (3)

As there is only one battlefield for Einherjar, we are concerned that lowering the amount of players required to participate may lead to a large amount of congestion. Due to this, it would be difficult to address the current entry limitations.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As there is only one battlefield for Einherjar, we are concerned that lowering the amount of players required to participate may lead to a large amount of congestion. Due to this, it would be difficult to address the current entry limitations.
    Thanks for the great work getting the Devs' responses to our concerns, Grekumah, even if it's not what we want to hear.

Could you ask them to perhaps tentatively lower the requirement to 4 members, and if that doesn't overcrowd the zone, then easing the requirement to 3? I think that Hazalm can handle that. After all, there's a TON of other content to distract people from Einherjar, so I don't think it'll be an overpowering amount of players if you still require 3 to enter.
    (2)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. You do not need 6 people to enter Einherjar. Yes, you get a shortened time limit with less than 6 people because you only technically get the 'grace period' to get your whole group in, instead of the whole 30 you get with 6+, but, it is still entirely possible to get into the zone and engage the monsters with less than 6 participants. There are, additionally, a good number of set ups, using easily obtainable ilvl117(Records of Em) equips which can easily blast through a t3 einherjar in this shortened time frame, netting you 1920 ichor, giving you the 100k you need for a mythic in a mere 53 days, assuming you start from 0. That's 3 more days than re-doing all the assaults takes, if you win every one on the first try, not including getting nyzle isle tokens. Example set up, 2 blu with subduction and other AoE short recast spells, and some sense about them, 2 blms/rdm, with some skills, geo + blm, geo + blu, blu + blm are the easiest duos, just about any trio with ilvl 117+ on each combatant will net you a win in a tier 3. So while it is kind of silly we don't have a tier 2 to make getting a mythic easier (heaven knows it needs to be, when compared to other weapons), I would rather see the alex needed reduced again, or more places which to obtain them other than 'buying out of people's bazaars' or 'Neo Nyzle Isle' than a tier 2 einherjar.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kavik; 08-22-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, I solo Odin v1 on SMN pretty easily and the zone manages not to crash. I've duoed/trioed T3s and the zone holds up somehow.

Furthermore, if congestion becomes an issue then I have to assume people would simply party up. You can enter with up to 36 players and the drops are generally worth less than the cost of the lamp now (from everything but Odin v2), so why wouldn't people team up and enter with a party if they were having trouble getting in?
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    At least they didn't say, "We have no plans..."
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    People say "We can't get enough people to go to this one zone..."

And you reply "We're concerned about too many people going to that zone..."

/SMH
    (7)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    At least they didn't say, "We have no plans..."
    No, they were a little more creative and tried to give some technical basis .. of course, they didn't explain why there's only 'one' instance and why more can't be created, but then that level of feedback would be almost unheard of except in the period around 2011/2012 IIRC when for a brief time there was real dialog between the developers and the players.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    No, they were a little more creative and tried to give some technical basis .. of course, they didn't explain why there's only 'one' instance and why more can't be created, but then that level of feedback would be almost unheard of except in the period around 2011/2012 IIRC when for a brief time there was real dialog between the developers and the players.
    Because they host einherjar on a commodore 64 in the break room.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The point of the post was to bring attention to the fact we as players who are working on mythics need a way to earn more Ichor. With the limiting factors on Mythics being Assault Mission Tags (1 per day, if capt. total of 5 storable 1 on you 4 on npc) TI which you can get once per day T3 nets the 1920 mentioned above. Nyzul Isle Tokens come between 4 & 8k each run depending on if you are soloing, or in a group, and how many lamp floors you get. Which when combined takes months .... (yes I know it use to take years, I've been hording Alex sense the first days of it being introduced) where as if I wanted to make a relic I could most likely hammer it out in a few weeks maybe a month or 1.5. I digress off topic. The point was that there should not be a limitation on time for the people who choose to not go in a larger group. It is a time battle field that means unless cleared it ends at the end point. There is no logical reason to restrict 1 player or 2 players to only 10m when 6 have 30. Just give it a 30m block and be done with it. OR heaven forbid make some new battle fields so more than 1 group can go at a time.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast