Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ris View Post
    The only one I can kind of see being OK like that is BST, since that was always meant to be a soloist job in a party based game. Buuut.. even in the early 2000s, I think I remember SE using the "we're afraid X will become too powerful" excuse. Sounds like they would be better off making something a little too powerful and then scaling back a bit than leaving things like this, though....

I did see DRG got some buffs recently. Did that help them at all or is it still loldrg?
    It only helped with Wyvern survivability a little bit which really wasn't an issue in the first place. :/
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    It only helped with Wyvern survivability a little bit which really wasn't an issue in the first place. :/
    I think you maybe missed the most recent DRG buff... JA haste, att and def boost when the wyvern levels up (with 5/5 empathy this caps after just 1 spirit link). It allows DRG to sub WAR while still capping haste, and makes it extremely powerful during the DoT phase... now, if only all the polearm WS didn't suck....
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    I think you maybe missed the most recent DRG buff... JA haste, att and def boost when the wyvern levels up (with 5/5 empathy this caps after just 1 spirit link). It allows DRG to sub WAR while still capping haste, and makes it extremely powerful during the DoT phase... now, if only all the polearm WS didn't suck....
    For the wyvern or the Dragoon because from my understanding it was the wyvern that received the benefits. I haven't been able to play much lately so I haven't really tested it myself.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Asking dev to implement some short term instant gratification in this game is fine.

Asking dev to implement some short term instant gratification then started a forum thread demanding a proper reply including "why" and "when" is asking too much.

.....Hello SE! I'd like an ergon weapon deliver to my inbox so I can be super happy for next 1 month, if you guys are not planning on it please explain why it breaks the game and what's your next plan to keep me happy, thanks!
    I don't even understand why I feel like I need to explain that your example is misrepresenting the suggestion being made...
    (3)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    For the wyvern or the Dragoon because from my understanding it was the wyvern that received the benefits. I haven't been able to play much lately so I haven't really tested it myself.
    No, it's 10% JA haste, 20% att, and 20% def for the Dragoon. No testing needed, the description of the change is quite clear.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Asking dev to implement some short term instant gratification in this game is fine.

Asking dev to implement some short term instant gratification then started a forum thread demanding a proper reply including "why" and "when" is asking too much.

.....Hello SE! I'd like an ergon weapon deliver to my inbox so I can be super happy for next 1 month, if you guys are not planning on it please explain why it breaks the game and what's your next plan to keep me happy, thanks!
    CLEARLY you have me confused with someone else if you think I have ever advocated easy-mode and stuff being handed you on a silver platter, the closest I’ve come is a request for more Vw and NM pops in abby, especially for the 2 empy items actually still required for end-game, but since I was asking for that bottleneck to be eased while Abby was still the main playsystem I’d hardly consider that an “easy-mode” request, actually my point is that I’m here to beat the game, not the other players after the same drop I am. If anything, I’m the guy COMPLAINING about easy-mode usually. I did approve-and still advocate-other methods for end-game gear acquisition for those who cannot be on enough for a legitimate shot at an HNMLS-type shell, but NOT easy-mode, more like a LONG grind to be able to purchase. I also thumbed up a request for easing pop requirements for abby based on everyone being able to solo, but not proc, mobs that drop the pop or KI because there simply aren't the people interested in coming just to proc for you.

What I have been a major advocate for is relevance, while balanced. In other words, I’m the guy always advocating for the guy saying “hi, my name is Bob and I’m an alcoholic”… wait, correction “hi, my name is Bob and I’m a Black Mage. I’d like to be YOUR black mage in your upcoming Alluvion Skirmish! Please, love me?!” as opposed to the guy answering him with “monk, ranger or GTFO” whom I would cheerfully invite someone like Anonymous to make a playground of their account. I’m advocating for all jobs to be of approximately equal strength in terms of their contribution to a party, not DPS, but a rdm healing, buffing, debuffing and the occasional damage should be just as valuable as a bard to an end-game party, a beast and pet should be just as valuable as a monk, etc.

So, when players are having real, rational discussions in these forums about identifying the issues and brainstorming possible solutions I think it only appropriate that SE join the discussions, but it seems either they can’t or they won’t, and I’m leaning toward the second based on the “answer” when they finally do decide to grace us with a response, because based on the nature of most of these denial replies I’m hearing a lot of “let them eat cake”. I use that term because when I see the eventual denial I want to give them the same close shave Marie Antoinette got, you know, the one that started at her neck. It's disheartening to players who have come to love this game but being victimized by a clearly identifiable shortcoming to have their issues apparently cavalierly dismissed out of hand.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I don't even understand why I feel like I need to explain that your example is misrepresenting the suggestion being made...

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    CLEARLY you have me confused with someone else if you think I have ever advocated easy-mode
    This is the thread that caused the community complained about all that "we have no plans" reply:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t=double+ichor

I know it wasn't you who posted this, but OP made this thread after this request. I was just explaining why you guys asked too much if you demand SE to reply everything.
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    No, it's 10% JA haste, 20% att, and 20% def for the Dragoon. No testing needed, the description of the change is quite clear.
    Well, regardless I still don't see people shouting for RNG, SAM, MNK or DRG. So, the point still stands.
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Well, regardless I still don't see people shouting for RNG, SAM, MNK or DRG. So, the point still stands.
    Nor will you ever. You people don't seem to understand, PUGs won't suddenly start shouting for something unless the content requires it, gimmicks and such, or the job is buffed to the point that it's the absolute best at what it does. Case in point, Geo is amazingly good in Incursion, yet most pugs that I've seen (at least the ones that shout that don't know better) still don't shout for Geo.

The buff Drg just got was quite potent, it really is up there with the other heavy DDs, Mnk, Drk, and War. But it's not Sam, nor are the other DD jobs; you won't see it shouted for, just like they aren't. Yes, Mnk is shouted for still, good DPS with a few gimmick capable JAs with the highest HP, but that's quickly lost it's use. But Drg is more than capable of DDing very well now. What more would you like?
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Nor will you ever. You people don't seem to understand, PUGs won't suddenly start shouting for something unless the content requires it, gimmicks and such, or the job is buffed to the point that it's the absolute best at what it does. Case in point, Geo is amazingly good in Incursion, yet most pugs that I've seen (at least the ones that shout that don't know better) still don't shout for Geo.

The buff Drg just got was quite potent, it really is up there with the other heavy DDs, Mnk, Drk, and War. But it's not Sam, nor are the other DD jobs; you won't see it shouted for, just like they aren't. Yes, Mnk is shouted for still, good DPS with a few gimmick capable JAs with the highest HP, but that's quickly lost it's use. But Drg is more than capable of DDing very well now. What more would you like?
    Ppl really need to stop complain about X job suck based on what's in /shout IMO. That's one the main reason why jobs are unbalanced.

SAM was already a stronger DD than MNK before SC/fudo buff, but everyone and their mother still /shout for a MNK due to higher HP, so ppl complained about other DD are too weak compare with MNK.

Now that's see what SE did.....they buffed SAM to "catch up with MNK" and broke the balance.

You guys can keep complaining about GEO not in /shout so SE can buff it, it will only result a worse job balance.....GEO will get even more buff when it's already one of the most OP job in game.

tl;dr,

What job is good and what's not isn't based on what job ppl /shout for, but the job's actual strength. Stop using "But this job is never in /shout pt" as an argument in a job balance discussion.
    (1)

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast