Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Not all feedback is equal, but I'd be really annoyed if they responded to any of those example posts you listed.

I'm not advocating a response for everything, but more informed feedback on the ones they do decide to respond to would be nice.

Asking for a buff for certain underutilized jobs is not the same as personally asking for 20 mythics. Even asking for double Ichor campaigns is not the same as asking for 20 mythics. I agree that that request wasn't exactly reasonable. Posting to say they have no plans to do that though? Those posts are pointless on their part; people asked because there's no plans. No response means no plans to do anything. Their responses are just getting comical, because a good deal of them are just pointless reminders that they aren't doing something.
    Asking for double ichor is equal to "Please help me finish Mythic faster". How is it not equal to asking for 20 mythics? It doesn't help making the game better, it only gives certain player(minority, mind you) instant gratification. IMO it doesn't require a reason to deny the request, nor even a proper reply.

Asking for a buff for certain jobs is better request than "please help me finish mythic faster", but half of the ideas on the forum are either bad(like asking every DD job do equal dmg) or won't solve the issue completely(like asking BST PUP to be 10% behind SAM, you know ppl still gonna invite SAM like that right?).

Further more, I know that dev have been busy trying to adjust the job balance for months, most of the jobs, like GEO COR BLU all got a pretty good buff for past 3 months. Dev also replied about WAR DRG buff or something. IMO it's too impatient to expect a reply NOW when they may need time to finalize a proper solution that's better than making every jobs equal dmg.

Atm this game is running out of content, I'd rather see the dev create content faster for everyone than fulfilling Mythic builder's instant gratification. I don't understand why ppl are pissed for dev not giving a legit reason for "please help me build mythic faster" request.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Asking for double ichor is equal to "Please help me finish Mythic faster". How is it not equal to asking for 20 mythics? It doesn't help making the game better, it only gives certain player(minority, mind you) instant gratification. IMO it doesn't require a reason to deny the request, nor even a proper reply.

Asking for a buff for certain jobs is better request than "please help me finish mythic faster", but half of the ideas on the forum are either bad(like asking every DD job do equal dmg) or won't solve the issue completely(like asking BST PUP to be 10% behind SAM, you know ppl still gonna invite SAM like that right?).

Further more, I know that dev have been busy trying to adjust the job balance for months, most of the jobs, like GEO COR BLU all got a pretty good buff for past 3 months. Dev also replied about WAR DRG buff or something. IMO it's too impatient to expect a reply NOW when they may need time to finalize a proper solution that's better than making every jobs equal dmg.

Atm this game is running out of content, I'd rather see the dev create content faster for everyone than fulfilling Mythic builder's instant gratification.
    I already said it was a bad idea Afania, so I don't know why you're pushing that point. My point was that if they're saying there's no plans why even bother posting it? We know there's no plans. It just makes people angry at their non-response. If they were to post "We have no plans because we feel the difficulty in obtaining these mythics is balanced correctly, and to double the ichor would imbalance the difficulty of obtaining one. People are free to disagree with that, but then at least we have more of an idea about why.
    It's not the same as asking for 20 mythics. It's a strawman. Easing requirements and asking to straight up get given something are different. I agree with your overall point, it's a bad idea. There's no need to exaggerate the argument to argue that though.

I'm not getting into the same argument we have had for 19 pages on another thread. You already know the reason I want PUP and BST to be buffed to be better is so I can setup parties with me on those jobs. I've outlined it 20 times. It's not the discussion we're having.
    My point is if they were to say "There's no plans to buff X job at the moment" I'd want a little more of an explanation as to why they think it's in a good spot and don't need one. I also applaud their ability to buff certain jobs, the BLU buff was described by the community quite a few times, and a less cynical version of myself would like to think the devs paid attention to that feedback and implemented something similar.

I also agree that if they don't have concrete plans they shouldn't post anything. Them saying we have no plans to do something sounds like a pretty concrete no.

These forums were created to give feedback, and I think people are just expressing how all their feedback isn't being taken seriously. Some don't deserve to be taken seriously, but some do.
    Treating us like we're idiots by not indulging their rationale behind their decisions isn't helping. It makes it sound like there wasn't a single bit of consideration put into something.

Edit: altered the wording, grammar, clarified some points.
    (3)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-24-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Don't you think that's a slightly exaggerated claim, Karbuncle, people aren't asking for Dual Wield VII and Beserk II, or no blood pact timers. Despite the specificity in some of those posts they can distilled down to "these jobs are underutilized and need changing in some way."
    For every reasonable request, there will be more than a handful of unreasonable ones, by one person or anothers standard. Do you want to be the man whos hired to sift through the oceans of "baaawwwwwww my job sucks" to find the few suggestions that aren't over the top or "give my job more damages"?

right now, the FFXI official forums aren't super bad, but just... just dig around, you'll find some of the request I've spoken of. They only ceased a small bit lately because of all the "No plans" and essentially over time people stopped trying. if suddenly SE were to start making plans based off our feedback, do you honestly believe there wouldn't be a flood of stupid request coming in daily?

Yes, Not all feedback is the same, I thought I adequately described that... but I know that some suggestions here are good, others not so good... I was trying to express "who is the judge of what is good and reasonable and whats not?" You would think us or the devs right? well some of "us" might think Dual Wield IV/V to BST would be "Reasonable" since they're "DD", where as some of us would think "You're crazy, not its not". Theres 20+ Pages of argument over which DD jobs need more buffs.

Reason and logic might be a companion of yours, but if you looked around, you would see its not a friend of everyone, and if SE opened the floodgates, the stupidity of suggestions would rise, and no one wants to be the guy who has to sift through the unreasonable to find the reasonable. Put it another way, they suddenly say "Yeah, Pets can now be effected by party buffs!" its yay, they listened, how awesome right? Now everyone and their mom comes out the woodworks saying "Pet jobs got buffs! Why isn't RDM getting Breakga VI?" (Hint: Yes I'm exaggerating only because my mind isn't warped enough to imagine the stupidity that will come from this)... and when SE has to go "Sorry thats crazy we have no plans for that"... what then? The good of them listening to the pet job buffs is drowned in an ocean of idiot requests being denied and people go back to "SE never listens".

So i must reiterate for emphasis.

I don't want to sound like im justifying all this, but I at least understand it.
    They should listen to some of these, most of us agree on that, But i have been witness to the ocean of bawww that can come from the slightest sign of listening (Hint: Changing Bully, readjusting BLU merit categories), and go to those threads, those responses, and I guarantee you within a few posts will be someone saying "Hey, you changed that, thanks! maybe you can go change this now *shameless link to thread*" or "Oh, so you guys changed that but not this?".

You know its true. I know SE has given us things in the past that has at least been partially influenced by our feedback, and they will continue to in the future... its just their good deeds are, as proof here, lost in an ocean of nos.

I hope SE does start listening and taking in feedback instead of insisting they know how to do everything by themselves... I really do.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-24-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Pretty much would say the same as everyone else has, so hmmm something different....

Here goes nothing: SE's NA community team or SE devs themselves whoever it is that insist on the standard answer they give us, need to realize that we are providing feedback and suggestions and desires. It's not technically proper to answer us with, "We don't have plans for this" We didn't ask if you were working on it or had plans or whatever. We were suggesting it. Giving you feedback. Even if you word it as "asking for it" which I guess is accurate, it is still not proper to shoot us down with the "no plans" card. If something can't be done well then that's cool, you tell us as much. But on everything else... that "no plans" card that is essentially a "get out of work free" card is growing stale for a playerbase that still pays the same price to log in that they paid 12 years ago.

I'm not going to get into the debate over bad requests etc others have in this thread. I speak entirely about the good quality requests/suggestions that almost always gets shot down because the devs don't want to do it. I don't particularly blame the FFXI team because they only have what they have to work with via the higher ups, and in some cases stuff has been implemented anyway just because of the years that have passed and they finally found some time to do it. But it's still frustrating to see ideas go to waste because it's too much work. I mean at least put it on the todo list, even if it continuously falls down the list year after year like SMN avatar additions >.>
    (7)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Long post.
    Nah, I know there'd be crazy, there often is - I did read your post, and sorry for the knee jerk reaction. Hell, I think the initial tone of that "NERF SAM!" thread was already erring on the side of crazy.

As I put in the last couple of posts I put, I don't think all feedback deserves responses, but when they do respond they should be giving us more information. I'd reiterate that having a more informed Community Team would be a great boon for these forums, because having a 75 BLU who played.. what.. over 4 years ago isn't helpful (release of 75->80). They can't distinguish the crazy from the rational. For instance, I think if you were to send that 21+ page thread to the dev team I'd hope they'd not send any of the specifics, and instead send "these jobs are underutilized and need changing in some way. Some people think they need damage buffs, others think that content should be released that prioritizes those classes. Other people in the thread feel that SAM is a little overpowered." and not "Afania said this, Balloon said that."
    (2)

Nah, I know there'd be crazy, there often is - I did read your post, and sorry for the knee jerk reaction. Hell, I think the initial tone of that "NERF SAM!" thread was already erring on the side of crazy.

As I put in the last couple of posts I put, I don't think all feedback deserves responses, but when they do respond they should be giving us more information. I'd reiterate that having a more informed Community Team would be a great boon for these forums, because having a 75 BLU who played.. what.. over 4 years ago isn't helpful (release of 75->80). They can't distinguish the crazy from the rational. For instance, I think if you were to send that 21+ page thread to the dev team I'd hope they'd not send any of the specifics, and instead send "these jobs are underutilized and need changing in some way. Some people think they need damage buffs, others think that content should be released that prioritizes those classes. Other people in the thread feel that SAM is a little overpowered." and not "Afania said this, Balloon said that."
    I'm hoping the dev team is at least aware there are a handful of jobs right now that are next to useless, and some that are pretty blatantly useless in endgame.
    (4)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think the Dev team responses have been friendly, helpful and professional. The updates with QOL have been frequent and useful, I especially love the /lockstyle and home-point nexus systems.

I compare this with the first decade of FFXI when changes were infrequent and QOL wasn't even an issue, the game was how it was and you just had to suck up and like it, in silence with no platform to voice your displeasure. Now they have given us this platform to say what we think, and they do read most of it and respond, and sometimes act on things.

I still hope they will make HMP & riftcinders a more consistent drop rate under maxed alliance proc lights, or make a way for solo slowmode progress on these items. And of course to add clothcraft/goldsmithing recipes for automaton clothing, to make automatons look more stylish and individual. I hope for all these things but I don't expect to get listened to.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'm hoping the dev team is at least aware there are a handful of jobs right now that are next to useless, and some that are pretty blatantly useless in endgame.
    They've mentioned a few in the past in what was a promising little teaser. Summoner getting some new BPs, PUP BST DRG getting some pet buffs and Warrior getting something unique.

Their updates as of late have mostly been HUGE buffs to things, GEO for instance saw a phenomenal increase.. I don't know how the BLU changes affected the meta, but they were at least on point. The weaponskill updates were potent, even if they changed very little about what we use. So there's some hope those updates will be good.

I just want responses likethis (ffxiv) and this(localization) to be more frequent. I actually hang around Localization a lot now. Unelonborro is fantastic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-24-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Just for the record because I think a lot of people are getting confused. I'm not saying the development team that they need to bend to the player bases every whim, I'm actually rather pleased with the new dev team, what I am asking is, what is the point of saying that they don't have plans for something. If they don't have plans then don't comment at all. I think we can all agree that what they do have plans to do is way more interesting than them telling us what they aren't going to do.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    Just for the record because I think a lot of people are getting confused. I'm not saying the development team that they need to bend to the player bases every whim, I'm actually rather pleased with the new dev team, what I am asking is, what is the point of saying that they don't have plans for something. If they don't have plans then don't comment at all. I think we can all agree that what they do have plans to do is way more interesting than them telling us what they aren't going to do.
    Not that I disagree with you Xer, but you can look around and see the amount of people who go "WHY AINT THE DEVS RESPONDED TO (topic)?!" A lot of people have requested them at least telling us no rather than leaving us guessing... what determines which thread gets "No'd" is a mystery though.
    (1)

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast