Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Due to increased server strain, we have no plans to make plans.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    NO PLANS GUYS.
    I think we may be on the same page; that is how I read it.

Perhaps they are telling us something, but rather, we are making it more complicated than it should be. They have no plans, scheme, strategy, procedure, etc; I mean, it shows, look at the plethora of issues plaguing XI...........They have no plans y'all.

(2)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    And its posts like this that ruin our game, SE have a vision of how they wish the game to be so if its not in their plans there's a reason for it.
    Yet because a few people on the forums (not even like 1% of the people that play) make a post SE is suppose to change there vision of the game and how they want it
    structured? get real.
    SE have pandered to the odd complaint on these forums before, sometimes to the benefit but mostly to the detriment of the game as a whole, should they have done
    it every time someone asked for something I highly doubt the game would be around any more, it wouldn't be playable and most would have left.

I remember back when there where 6-9 months between updates, no info as to what they had updated/added, Now I feel spoilt with the community support we get.

None makes you play ffxi, go try that mmo where when less than 1% of the player base makes requests and every one is implemented... oh wait.

Please stop trying to ruin the game, thx
    (3)
    Last edited by Rainehx; 08-23-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Player
    And its posts like this that ruin our game
    The problem is that the way they respond, it makes it seem like our feedback means nothing (which honestly may be the case).

When we ask for changes or suggest changes, the only responses we ever get are usually:

"We are planning to do this!"

or

"There are no plans to do this."

Basically, our feedback means nothing. If whatever was asked/suggested was already in their plans, then yeah sure, they'll do it. But, if it wasn't, then it's not in their plans, and probably won't be because of server strain (or whatever reason, if we are even given a reason, which most of the time seems like a really bogus reason). The wording itself is flawed as well; it doesn't matter if there isn't plans to do it at the time you responded, the point of the suggestion/request/feedback is to ask them to make plans to do it, because that's the whole point of community feedback.

Pretty sure the JP side of things is heard more than us as well. The NA community team simply translates the posts made by the JP CM/devs to us and posts it in a relevant thread on the NA side. It makes me wonder about the BLU learning chance change, whether it was the JP side that brought it about or us.

Lately it's just been getting worse. Simple requests or logical requests are denied (well, not even denied, just "no plans") for the most absurd reasons (if we are even given a reason).

Personally, I'm just getting tired of the whole run around.
    (9)
    Last edited by Crevox; 08-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainehx View Post
    And its posts like this that ruin our game, SE have a vision of how they wish the game to be so if its not in their plans there's a reason for it.
    Yet because a few people on the forums (not even like 1% of the people that play) make a post SE is suppose to change there vision of the game and how they want it
    structured? get real.
    SE have pandered to the odd complaint on these forums before, sometimes to the benefit but mostly to the detriment of the game as a whole, should they have done
    it every time someone asked for something I highly doubt the game would be around any more, it wouldn't be playable and most would have left.

I remember back when there where 6-9 months between updates, no info as to what they had updated/added, Now I feel spoilt with the community support we get.

None makes you play ffxi, go try that mmo where when less than 1% of the player base makes requests and every one is implemented... oh wait.

Please stop trying to ruin the game, thx
    Since we are making up numbers now, you are the 1% and nobody should listen to your opinion either. This forum is specifically for feed back to the developers. Don't like it? Don;t read.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    The problem is that the way they respond, it makes it seem like our feedback means nothing (which honestly may be the case).

When we ask for changes or suggest changes, the only responses we ever get are usually:

"We are planning to do this!"

or

"There are no plans to do this."

Basically, our feedback means nothing. If whatever was asked/suggested was already in their plans, then yeah sure, they'll do it. But, if it wasn't, then it's not in their plans, and probably won't be because of server strain (or whatever reason, if we are even given a reason, which most of the time seems like a really bogus reason). The wording itself is flawed as well; it doesn't matter if there isn't plans to do it at the time you responded, the point of the suggestion/request/feedback is to ask them to make plans to do it, because that's the whole point of community feedback.

Pretty sure the JP side of things is heard more than us as well. The NA community team simply translates the posts made by the JP CM/devs to us and posts it in a relevant thread on the NA side. It makes me wonder about the BLU learning chance change, whether it was the JP side that brought it about or us.

Lately it's just been getting worse. Simple requests or logical requests are denied (well, not even denied, just "no plans") for the most absurd reasons (if we are even given a reason).

Personally, I'm just getting tired of the whole run around.
    I've been saying this forever now... our suggestions are generally not considered... but, I don't blame them. If a gave dev listened to every suggestion, no matter how logical it may seem to us players, the game would be an unplayable mess because everyone is demanding something or another... thousands of "buff my job nerf others" threads, request for niche things like BLU Spell sets similar to equipment sets, and an undisclosed "DD" buff for BST cause BST is t3h sucks... I mean just look at all the suggestions on this forum, some you might think "This is logical" and others "Where'd they get their supply of crystal meth before writing that post?"... but if you ask another person to look at them, their reactions might be reversed.

At the end of the day, my biggest complaint about community feedback has been "if they dont have it in the works, its never happening" and "The only time our suggestions get implemented is out of pure coincidence that they were already working on it"... same as what you said. But again, like I said above... I hate that it has to be this way, but if it was any other way, the floodgates would open and every half brain who thinks giving BST Dual Wield VII and Berserk II as natural abilities or give SMN pets no BP Timer and double their HP or so on would come in and demand their job gets buffed because they listened to that other guys request.

I don't want to sound like im justifying all this, but I at least understand it.
    (5)

Player
    Don't you think that's a slightly exaggerated claim, Karbuncle, people aren't asking for Dual Wield VII and Beserk II, or no blood pact timers. Despite the specificity in some of those posts they can distilled down to "these jobs are underutilized and need changing in some way."

The real problem I have with the posts isn't just that they're saying there's no plans, but they're incredibly dismissive. They give no outline as to why they have no plans. When they do, it's often confusing or patently false. For example.

"We have no intention of modifying automaton defense because they have already high defense compared to other pets. (False, Crabs have higher Defense than Valoredge and Wyverns have a base higher defense than all of the other frames). And you can buff their defense further with Protect and Shell (Incorrect, they cannot cast on themselves, nor can they be cast upon.)"
    This kind of response makes me question the team they have got to communicate our feedback to the dev team. How often are they misrepresenting our arguments to the dev team due to lack of understanding. It also makes me question, if those responses have been given by the dev team, their level of understanding about the game.

With this style of response, there's probably some element of 'lost in translation.' It's probably not the community teams fault if they get 1-2 sentence responses, and going back and asking for clarification can be tiresome when they need to be translated back and fourth.

The second kind of response they give is too vague.
    "We have no plans to do this, because that" or "The dev team say it's as fast as it can possibly be"
    These kind of responses tend to just confuse the community, and in cases like this there needs to be a little more transparency into the deeper thoughts about why what is said would happen. One good example of this is by the Localization leader, who has in the past given some insight into how the translation process works, and in one example gave us a reason as to why the equipment description box was expanded upon. That level of transparency is refreshing.

The third kind of response is the most irksome, "We have no plans to do this at the minute." Which really brings into question whether they were even brought up. There is no reason or rationale being mentioned.

These forums, I feel, are necessary. Feedback needs to be given. Square enix are not infallible, and it's questionable whether or not the developers actually play the game in any real capacity. The feedback from these forums often relays information to them about how the game is being played, and many people on here have got a fairly good understanding of how things mechanically work.

Not all feedback is equal, but not all feedback should be treated equally either. Having a community team that play the game would be helpful, because they could then be able to distinguish which posts are terrible and which are accurate. It's really disappointing to see the newest community rep last played at 75.
    (7)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-24-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    Dear Dev Team and Community Reps,
    I feel like every other post that's not about an update begins with the lines, "The development team does not currently have plans too..." One thing you have to understand is that when you start every post like this it makes us the community feel like you're really not listening to us, although whether or not you are is tentative. I'd just like to make one request that instead of telling us what you're not implementing every time, tell us what you are implementing or at least give a real reason why the development team won't even consider it. Every time we get a reason one or two posts down there's someone that points out the giant hole in their logic and it's never addressed.
    Sincerely,
    Xerius

P.S. I know this seams a bit ranty but I do truly appreciate your guys hard work and a lot of the Quality of Life updates have been amazing. It can just be a little disheartening to watch a lot of good ideas just get blatantly shot right down.

I kinda want to start 5 "please give me X" topic everyday just to see dev reply all of them.

"Please deliver 20 mythics to my inbox ty"

"Please give me alliance content so I can play with my LS ty"

"Please create a new lving mechanic to lv a job to lv 99 so I can lv all 22 jobs faster ty"

"Please make blue mage OP so I don't have to lv SAM ty"

"Please give us lower the cost of HP bayld to 100 bayld each so I can finish ergon weapon ty"

"Please double the amount of currency gain so I can finish 16 relics faster ty"

"Please give me a moogle pet that can one shot every NM in this game ty"

"Please increase the drop rate of dring to 100% so I can get a dring ty"

"Please make RDM melee OP ty"

Waiting for dev to replay all of the quests above

-----------------------
    On a serious note, half of the requests on the forum are either "I want this" requests that only benefits small percent of population(like that double ichor campaign, really?), or requests that requires more discussion to make it better. It's silly to expect dev to have positive response to all of them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-24-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Don't you think that's a slightly exaggerated claim, Karbuncle, people aren't asking for Dual Wield VII and Beserk II, or no blood pact timers. Despite the specificity in some of those posts they can distilled down to "these jobs are underutilized and need changing in some way."

The real problem I have with the posts isn't that they're saying there's no plans, but they're incredibly dismissive.
    Do you really think dev needs to tell the community why they aren't doing double ichor/nyzul token campaign?

If I ask the dev to hand me 20 mythics for free and dev say no, do you expect a proper reason behind it?
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Do you really think dev needs to tell the community why they aren't doing double ichor/nyzul token campaign?

If I ask the dev to hand me 20 mythics for free and dev say no, do you expect a proper reason behind it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Not all feedback is equal, but not all feedback should be treated equally either. Having a community team that play the game would be helpful, because they could then be able to distinguish which posts are terrible and which are accurate. It's really disappointing to see the newest community rep last played at 75.

Not all feedback is equal, and I'd be really annoyed if they responded to any of those example posts you listed.

I'm not advocating a response for everything, but more informed feedback on the ones they do decide to respond to would be nice.

Asking for a buff for certain underutilized jobs is not the same as personally asking for 20 mythics. Even asking for double Ichor campaigns is not the same as asking for 20 mythics. I agree that that request wasn't exactly reasonable. Posting to say they have no plans to do that though? Those posts are pointless on their part; people asked because there's no plans. No response means no plans to do anything. Their responses are just getting comical, because a good deal of them are just pointless reminders that they 'have no plans.'
    (3)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-24-2014 at 04:15 AM.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast