Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    They actually said that they weren't going to be upgrading Instruments and Shields.

I enjoy the extra MAcc on Gjallarhorn and am not too miffed about Linos Flute. I do wish that they would allow skill to affect songs more significantly, though. The highest potency cap we know of is 800 combined skill, which is pretty easy to hit without trying these days. I'd like to see at least one song with uncapped potency.
    I'd like to imagine once the gear cap raises to 129 or 139 (if it ever does), they'll give consideration to upgrading instruments and shield, by that level these things may be useless, Ochain is already touching second place.

It wouldn't surprise me, not like they have changed their mind millions of other times in XI's history
    (1)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    We're in an age of everyone wanted to be handed things for the least work. I doubt you will get much sympathy because most of the ignorant people think you *need* a ghorn to play bard. There is not much difference now between 4 song ghorn bard and 3 song new instrument bard, especially since haste2/geohaste is out. So all that gil spent on 4 song and ghorn is pretty much devalued heavily. When everyone is special, nobody is special.
    Its that everyone gets a trophy mentality.
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    119 Ochain would force most PLDs to 99 their 90 Ochains as by the time ilvl130+ mobs come out, Ochain is going to be blocking like 20-30% of the time, Aegis which has no hidden Shield Skill as far as I know is already blocking like <10% on ilvl mobs. It makes sense for Aegis to have a crappy block rate since it's mostly a magic block shield(in old FF games, Aegis had almost no block rate at all but negated magic/elements), but Ochain's primary boon is it's fantastic block rate(but average damage mitigation). They'll probably keep the block rate and cite that because of its "Damage converts to MP" property, it's balanced with ilvl shield without special bonuses. -_-

Going to suck as a PLD to have to 119 my Ochain or drop it for an ilvl Shield when ilvl cap is raised. Most PLDs will have to do the same, because nobody has a freakin 99 Ochain, and most PLDs aren't going to want to upgrade their 90 Ochains to 99 at this stage because HMP are rare as hell.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2