Character
    Viran
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70

Major problems with PlayOnline

I am a returning player who just bought the Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition off Amazon. Everything installed without any issues but PlayOnline is a mess. It works fine on start up but as soon as I click on the next button to begin updating it immediately becomes slow and unresponsive. Any kind of command takes a good minute or two to register with the program.

When I can actually get it to start updating, downloads are VERY slow. 3-4 hours just to check ~500 files and 10+ hours to download which always results in a POL-1160 connection error.

I have been trying to get this to work for the past 3 days with the same issues every time. I have tried running POL in compatibility mode and as an administrator. Tried both the version that came with the Seekers Edition and the vista/win7 compatible version from SE website. I have retried over and over again after a complete uninstall and made sure no antivirus or other background programs were running. My graphics card drivers are up to date and I've experienced no connection issues with other games. I'm out of ideas.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Intel i5-4670 @3.40GHz
    EarthLink Cable Internet
    (0)

Character
    Viran
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70
    So I managed to skip the PlayOnline update by installing it on an old Win7 laptop (which worked perfectly) and just transferring those files to my PC. But this hasn't changed the fact that PlayOnline is simply unusable on a modern system. It frequently stops responding and takes forever just to log in which always ends in even more connection errors.

I can't play FFXI with this awful software in the way, can't get my money back on a digital download and don't seem to be getting any help from SE. This is what you get for supporting such an awful company, lesson learned.
    (0)

Character
    Artemeus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70

Same!

I'm in the same boat. I literally just reactivated my account yesterday and all I wnat to do is play. After jumping through all of the hoops to get everything up and running with the reactivation, I've left my 360 on for over 6 hours two different times only to come back with a POL-1160 error. It takes an hour just to get through the "checking files" part...

I did some research on the problem and it looks like this problem can be traced back to 2011. How can there be no solution for this yet? I haven't found anything!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It's extremely frustrating and I really don't know what else to do. I'm on an Xbox, my network is fine.
    (0)

Character
    Viran
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by creechstomp View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I literally just reactivated my account yesterday and all I wnat to do is play. After jumping through all of the hoops to get everything up and running with the reactivation, I've left my 360 on for over 6 hours two different times only to come back with a POL-1160 error. It takes an hour just to get through the "checking files" part...

I did some research on the problem and it looks like this problem can be traced back to 2011. How can there be no solution for this yet? I haven't found anything!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It's extremely frustrating and I really don't know what else to do. I'm on an Xbox, my network is fine.
    Don't know if this helps you at all but for whatever reason my problem was eventually fixed by connecting my PC directly to my modem instead of using it's wireless connection. My network works fine either way but PoL only works that one way. Weird.
    (0)