Thread: Pocket Moogle.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As the system was originally designed to prevent merit points from being allocated during battle, we don’t have any plans of allowing them to be changed outside of a Mog House.

This is exactly what we were talking about in the other thread about these "no plans" responses. We know it was originally designed to prevent merit points from being spent during battle. That much was obvious. We're asking you to make plans to change it. Do what karb suggested, or make it so merits cannot be allocated during battle, (NOTE: The player definition of "during battle" is during actual battle, which does not include all areas outside of the MH or in between battles) I don't care. But put it on the todo list so it can start slipping down the list every year NOW instead of later when you decide to finally put it on the todo list. I rather it take 5 years than 8, and I know it would take that long because it's not a particularly important adjustment. But it still improves the game. It's worth putting it on the backburner, at the very least.
    (6)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    They don't want us to, that's why. I highly doubt it's a programing issue, they just want there to be a reason for a player to return to town to spend their merits, IE they capped.
    Because pointless timesinks are as valid in 2014 as they were in 2002.

/sigh
    (1)

Player
    I think that this is kind of a silly limitation, merits usually cost a lot of points and they aren't refunded when you delete any so there really is no balance issues to worry about.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As the system was originally designed to prevent merit points from being allocated during battle, we don’t have any plans of allowing them to be changed outside of a Mog House.
    I am Not saying that we should use our merit points in battle but more like a NPC maybe. that could allow us somewhere in the Abyssean Zones. To help us either Change job, Check delievery box and use merit. at the begining of the zone maybe.
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The real problem is the merit system wasn't designed for the FFXI of today where experience comes in at such a rapid pace. 30 merits back in the day was a lot of work where as today you can reach the cap both quickly and easily. And I did notice they added a cap increase under the HP/MP bracket so that should help alleviate this issue some.

The OP makes a good point though about people having to sacrifice their light in Abyssea to spend merits. So I do think some attention needs to be paid to this. Perhaps giving players a grace period where they get to keep their lights for a few minutes after exiting Abyssea would be another way to handle it.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    As the system was originally designed to prevent merit points from being allocated during battle, we don’t have any plans...
    (8)

This is exactly what we were talking about in the other thread about these "no plans" responses. We know it was originally designed to prevent merit points from being spent during battle. That much was obvious. We're asking you to make plans to change it. Do what karb suggested, or make it so merits cannot be allocated during battle, (NOTE: The player definition of "during battle" is during actual battle, which does not include all areas outside of the MH or in between battles) I don't care. But put it on the todo list so it can start slipping down the list every year NOW instead of later when you decide to finally put it on the todo list. I rather it take 5 years than 8, and I know it would take that long because it's not a particularly important adjustment. But it still improves the game. It's worth putting it on the backburner, at the very least.
    They're trying to say, in ever so polite tones, no. They're not going to do it. They don't want to do it for technical/gameplay/design/whatever issues. They're just saying it in a nice way because of our rather toxic fanbase here.

They aren't your genies to do your every wish, they have other considerations to make when making decisions like these that go beyond just what the fans here want.
    (4)

Player
    It's just a tad annoying and insulting when nearly every time we suggest something they say the equivalent of no without any reasons given.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyln View Post
    They're trying to say, in ever so polite tones, no. They're not going to do it. They don't want to do it for technical/gameplay/design/whatever issues. They're just saying it in a nice way because of our rather toxic fanbase here.

They aren't your genies to do your every wish, they have other considerations to make when making decisions like these that go beyond just what the fans here want.
    Minds can be changed. Technical limitations can be overcome. I'm not at all concerned about their feelings or their grand vision for the game, because they seem to have zero concern for ours. As long as their attitude comes off as "It's our game and we'll do what we want!" then I will keep responding with "It's our money so you'll do what we want." That's kind of how the world works actually. It's called negotiation. We have a thing in common but widely disparate interests involving it. So we hash things out until we reach a state where we can all be mostly satisfied.

Maybe we need to hire that guy.
    (0)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    It's just a tad annoying and insulting when nearly every time we suggest something they say the equivalent of no without any reasons given.
    It seems to me like SE is responding more to the player base than ever. I can remember when we rarely got updates, and it seemed like they didn't listen at all. Now, they reply to threads quite often. They provide updates more than I ever recall them making them before, and they've made tons of improvements to the game.

I don't think they have to give reasons for every decision they make. I guess they're better off not replying at all, but then there will be threads about they could at least reply.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast